Disabled Steam Generator Ironing board

Options
This post is spread across other sections of the website as it benefits able bodied folk and disabled.
There are many Steam generator ironing boards which are height adjustable, but which are the best to use while sitting? Using an ironing board while seated, the board has to be rock solid and not too long. The slightest wobble is enough to put the user off. Although many ironing boards allow for height adjustment, I'm sure they all haven't taken into consideration specific use by the disabled.

What ironing boards (suitable for steam generators) have you found the best to use while seated?

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You don't need a special ironing board for a steam generator iron, we get on fine with our old one (though I guess there may be some SG irons where the steam cord isn't long enought to sit the generator on the floor).
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Pretani wrote: »
    This post is spread across other sections of the website as it benefits able bodied folk and disabled.
    There are many Steam generator ironing boards which are height adjustable, but which are the best to use while sitting? Using an ironing board while seated, the board has to be rock solid and not too long. The slightest wobble is enough to put the user off. Although many ironing boards allow for height adjustment, I'm sure they all haven't taken into consideration specific use by the disabled.

What ironing boards (suitable for steam generators) have you found the best to use while seated?

We have a new board - Dosh and Disability - I'll move your post to se if you get more replies ;)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    found this ironing board made by Brabantia. It allows you to use the steam at full pelt and collects the excess water in a container. Neat job, prevents the legs getting steamed. It's a bit pricey though at £99.

220944%20NB.jpg
  • an1179
    an1179 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pretani wrote: »
    found this ironing board made by Brabantia. It allows you to use the steam at full pelt and collects the excess water in a container. Neat job, prevents the legs getting steamed. It's a bit pricey though at £99.

220944%20NB.jpg

That's a good idea I have a steam generator and an adjustable ironing board and sit down to iron. If I forget and put my knees under the board I find that I get hot water dripping onto my knees ouch :D . As you say though £99 is a bit pricey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure