“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Sorry to hear your having issues with your mum again.........I have nothing to do with my mum best decision I ever made less drama xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Evening WF. It's something I regularly think about. My main worry is keeping them together as no family sees them enough to cope with all 5. Think about who you would like to have them, get it in writing and just talk through as much as you can.
    I've tried to keep it basic as I know you've deleted the post, just saw it on my way to bed and wanted you to know it's probably something that worries a lot of people x
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Thank you, Id deleted it I realised I probably sounded more insane than needed :o I thing I'm going to do the things I want then it won't play on my mind. Something to think about.

I feel rough around the edges today :o So much to do though.

Been up and at it since 4.30 just going to jump in the shower and have a coffee. Not sure what to do for smalls dinner tonight. All out of sync. I'm a bit worried about them coming home :o So keeping busy is the plan!
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Morning Wannabe :) Hope you are feeling a bit better today, cut yourself some slack while you get back into the routine with the smalls and please don't feel bad about asking your neighbour to help out. I remember from your last diary that you often have tons of children from the neighbourhood over during the warmer months so you have built up enough babysitting karma not to worry about needing a few favours while you get through this tricky time.

Well done for dealing with your mum :) I've got a similar situation with my dad and find that even getting the story straight in my head can help with handling a difficult relationship like that. It can be easy to fall into the old ways of thinking, with them being the 'adult' and in charge but actually we are all adults now and they don't get to boss us around anymore! (Nasty shock to them I'm sure! ;) )

Don't forget to make time for yourself over the next few days, you need to build in your rest & relaxation time to let your body heal.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I feel really quite rough today :o I thought it'd improve as the day goes on but no such luck.

Still plodding along with the stuff to do though. Think I need food.

Speaking of food need to sort something that resembles a decent dinner for smalls. Fajitas maybe or.. not sure something with chicken that doesn't require much help.

They have plenty to keep them entertained until bed time though. Need to sort advent calendar too. Mustn't forget to get it out and together.

I really don't have much to say or update MSE wise :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • I hope you've been eating properly whilst you've been on your own. Fajitas sound lovely but I'm sure the wee ones will be more than happy with anything you make for them.
    Make sure you look after yourself and don't do too much. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Have some toast WF. Toast makes things better. And a gentle hug and a hope that things feel better soon.

Can you cook the chicken ahead of time, leave it to cool and do easy chicken wraps and maybe potato wedges or similar with them if you have tatties in?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I hope you've been eating properly whilst you've been on your own. Fajitas sound lovely but I'm sure the wee ones will be more than happy with anything you make for them.
    Make sure you look after yourself and don't do too much. xxx
    I haven't really eaten anything :o I don't anyway I can't use the smalls being away as an excuse :o I can't even remember when or what I had last had other than coffee and juice :o It's not a new thing though not to worry.
    Have some toast WF. Toast makes things better. And a gentle hug and a hope that things feel better soon.

Can you cook the chicken ahead of time, leave it to cool and do easy chicken wraps and maybe potato wedges or similar with them if you have tatties in?

I so used this idea and they think it's great :o Not very healthy but I did give them corn on the cob and salad too :rotfl: I will make up for it tomorrow.
  • I know it's not easy if you don't feel like it but could you just have some home made soup and bread. It's cheap, makes you feel better and all those vegetables are so good for you. The wee ones would love it too. I grew up having my granny's soup every day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Nothing unhealthy about that WF - protein, carbs, and you stuffed some veg in there too - nice one!

So - now to turn your attention to feeding yourself. Any of the chicken left? Otherwise veggies in to make soup as Toni'sfriend suggests? If you DO have chicken then definitely chop up some of that to put in the soup too - home made chicken soup must surely be one of the most tempting foods imagineable? seriously - if you want your injuries etc to heal properly you MUST eat - how do you expect your body to put itself right without any of the foundations to do so? It's like telling someone to build a brick wall but giving them no bricks, and no mortar. :kisses3: If nothing else - remind yourself, if you make yourself ill to the point at which you end up in hospital, where do the smalls end up? Back with your Mum? I'd suggest that's an incentive to NOT risk that happening? ;)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills