Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Busylizzie
    Busylizzie Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Ah sad end to sunday. David cassidy has passed away. RIP. Lengend of the 70s

Has he actually died - its been suggested that Wiki has reported this in error?
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 November 2017 at 12:23AM
    Options
    Glitch on 3 for £3 now best on this item vs W?

Kettle Bites - Maple Barbeque Wholegrain Waves (5x22g)

Store_2.15px.png
    £1.89 any 3 for £3.00
    £1.72 / 90.9p / 100g
    Store_7.15px.png
    £1.60 any 2 for £2.00

Thanks ChelseaFred for drawing my attention to another couple of items against M that I hadn't realised, namely a couple of the Kettle Chips 5 pack multipacks as, of course, M's mbuy works just as well as straight £1 when we are buying two to compare. Those led to the above find:T. The comparison on the Amstel against M seems to be correct - the one for me to frown about is A's Ironing Water comparing 69p vs 80p because A has put its price down - :(:(:(:p:mad::(:p! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rotfl:

I assume that that is now versus everywhere except M as it is best to settle for an N/A, unless a lower APG is desired for some reason?

Meanwhile 3Dogs has done an excellent list on gift sets vs T, with ascending prices that not even I could manage:T:T. Be aware though that some of the main items vs M on there are now out-of-date: the Palmolives should be off nearly a week ago now, the Nivea lip products should be off too (we never know if they may pick up an incorect out-of-date price for M but really it shouldn't and to rely on that happening, which probably won't happen, is risking it) and the Head & Shoulders mbuy in M ended last Wednesday as well. I also think that Colgate Total toothpaste may need removing and probably won't pick up the mix and match now - I know it says 2 for £3 online but all the Ms I've seen had now gone to full price display for those: it should be the Sensifoam toothpaste (as always was) and the Triple Action mouthwash now (that may always have been but I didn't identify it until 3Dogs' list informed me about it being in A's 3 for 2 a few days ago:o), it shouldn't be mix and match on those but they will probably mix them up and pick one up. The technical correct way is Sensifoam is in a 2 for £3 mbuy and the Triple Action mouthwash is in a separate 2 for £3 in M.

I will have another look tomorrow to see if the mbuy labelling is now showing in my M on the Colgate Total toothpastes. It wasn't just one store last Wednesday though - it was four separate stores, all losing their mbuy from the display at the same time. I don't think they are on mbuy in M anymore, even if it is still showing online (might not have been updated) and, even if they are on mbuy, if stores are not displaying it anymore, then the APG will likely go to full price M.

Some of the 'filler' items are off as well, including Stork (1Kg) and the Garlic & Herb Baguette - that should not compare against £1.02 now - has been off in M for about a couple of weeks, maybe longer as weeks go by:rotfl:... - anyway, it should have moved onto a different couple of baguettes; you may be best looking at the M list for some of the fillers. Or maybe not, as it doesn't matter if I find items like 200g Cooked Chicken or 210g Plain Folded Flatbread in M - neither of them pick up an M price on the APG:(. The A Plain Folded Flatbread says 6 on msm but comes up as (210g) on the APG. Look at this though -

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Morrisons-Folded-Flatbreads/336017011?dnr=y

It is Folded Flatbread and, on the picture, it is Plain Flatbread and, if you look at the picture very closely (and perhaps hover over it and magnify it) what weight does it say on there? Open your eyes price collectors!:mad::rotfl::rotfl:

However, the shop compared best overall against S and it did pick up S at 80p there - which, unfortunately, beats M mbuy even though really we ought to be able to get 10% cheaper than that - but they bought only one on the shop anyway, so one against M at N/A:( or at £1 would have been the same.
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Evening,

Could anyone tell me what I'd need to buy with the kettle bites please? We need crisps! Thanks
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Busylizzie wrote: »
    Has he actually died - its been suggested that Wiki has reported this in error?

Ah thats where i saw it. Fake news maybe.
  • Savvybuyer
    Options
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Evening,

Could anyone tell me what I'd need to buy with the kettle bites please? We need crisps! Thanks

As far as I understand, it's the Walkers Ketchup Crisps that are invisible OR it's the Nik Naks Variety pack which is showing £1 online but is in the offer in A - that is visible and appears on the comp. but, as it is against W, is £1 vs N/A for that one item. It's one or the other of these triggers, not both of them in the same shop! Do not mix the triggers up - either one or the other.

This is what I understand. The glitch could already well be over for all I know though, as I haven't explicitly seen it posted to say expressly that it is still on. As far as I understand, it is still on.

Plus you need lots of other items vs W to get enough items for the APG and it's the one version of Bites only unfortunately, so that only counts as one item.
  • ChelseaFred
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    This is what I understand. The glitch could already well be over for all I know though, as I haven't explicitly seen it posted to say expressly that it is still on. As far as I understand, it is still on.

Worked for me today, Tom Ketchup trigger with 2 Wotsits. Not the best comparison but GK's like them.

ChelseaFred:)
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 November 2017 at 12:41AM
    Options
    Worked for me today, Tom Ketchup trigger with 2 Wotsits. Not the best comparison but GK's like them.

ChelseaFred:)

Thank you for this - that's what I thought you had done. Nonetheless, it wasn't expressly stated so I had a little bit of doubt but all is now clear:). (Not suggesting it should necessarily have been expressly stated, as the shop was focused on other things, namely the 3 for 2s. Actually, I'm looking at the wrong one - I'm looking not at the Wotsits but at the Kettle Chips but they would have worked the same way, with the Ketchup trigger, and the two Kettle multpacks vs M 2 for £2.)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,004 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So far 160 of nectar points comverted to 280 crisp folding notes via cex, 2 more days to go, would love to do the same again :)
    I think....
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I wont drink as will be driving, and very rarely drink anyway, i will be having xmas pud:D:D:D might have a few chocs depends on my sugar:p

:T:T well done, is marmite on PYO?

Yes the large jars are £4.59 before PYO.

HTH

Anon
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 November 2017 at 12:59AM
    Options
    Some subtle manoeuvres that may have been missed as I've removed the old items straight from the list.

I've moved from the Salad Tomatoes 6 pack to the 750g pack vs M. I've also moved from the Tenderheart to the Savoy Cabbage - the Savoy does at least work at the moment comparing 69p vs 50p M.

The Wagg Complete dog foods 17Kg should not compare against £9 now - that was ages ago and they have been higher price in the meantime but one of them at least (and I imagine the other one too) had gone to £10 in M last time.

The M list, btw, did get updated from all the information I had. In the end, I was left with only a few items in the health & beauty and baby products aisles, none of them of any interest, and I put those final few on today. There remains perhaps a few items from online to put onto the list. I have already got another copy of the list now, for tomorrow - although this isn't a full check and Wednesday this week will be very limited time as well. I'm now in not being able to do much with it until December, tomorrow may help slightly towards Wednesday but I do have limited stores then so I don't know how much I can do. I may end up with just one store:eek:, which will be totally inadequate and will leave numerous items outstanding - queries unresolved that I won't be able to resolve - although I do have the usual full time in the first store (maybe only store if the rest of the day gets really bad) and at least that is something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure