I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Yesterday I managed to list over 40 items which I’m pleased about.

Today I need to:

Hoover
    Washing
    Dust
    Clean the kitchen
    Clean the glass
    Check all payments have gone through and check balances.
    Take dd to appointment
    Cook a roast
    Final check dd has everything packed

Think that is it, I will prob spend some money as will go to a cheap shop today that isn’t near to where I live. I tend to bulk buy from it when I get the chance.

Have a good day.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I cleared all of yesterday’s list and as predicted I did spend money at the cheaper shop.... £50. But I did buy some Xmas presents and stocked my cupboard up.

I’ve woken up not feeling great today. Want to spend time with kids and may do some baking. I’ll have a quick check of the accounts and I have a survey waiting for me.

Have a good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning debtaghh,

Hope you feel better soon.

You're doing really well :) xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I’m feeling a lot more positive about money since my chat with my dh. I think I used to focus too much on our debt as a whole which was destroying me mentally. As long as we stick to budgets hopefully we will work our way at clearing the debt even if it is at a slow pace. Technically I shouldn’t send my chn on trips or buy presents but I would rather they did that and we take longer paying the debt. I know that might not make sense to everyone but it’s what my husband and I prefer.

Back to today:

Check finances
    Hoover
    Clean bathroom surfaces
    Check business
    Transfer topcashback

Not too much on there as it’s half term. We baked cakes yesterday which the kids enjoyed.

Have a good day x
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Technically I shouldn’t send my chn on trips or buy presents but I would rather they did that and we take longer paying the debt. I know that might not make sense to everyone but it’s what my husband and I prefer.

I 100% agree with this. It takes longer to pay the debts, but makes it far easier to do so.
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Morning,

Technically I shouldn’t send my chn on trips or buy presents but I would rather they did that and we take longer paying the debt. I know that might not make sense to everyone but it’s what my husband and I prefer.

I agree with this to an extent so long as there is a plan and budget in place to provide for trips/presents without adding debt. As long as the debt is going down and not rising it is your choice as to how slow or long the journey is.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I’ve had a very cheap half term so far. Apart from a £50 spend on the cheap shop but that was for food and presents so am not including that! We have stayed home and done baking, played board games, play dough activities etc. I was in the mood for a takeaway last night but I couldn’t justify it so instead we had bacon sandwiches and chips from the chippy which cost £2.50 and felt like a nice treat. Going to friends for dinner tonight so today should be a low spend as I need to post a card. Tomorrow we are going to ds friend’s house. I have goodies for both visits.

Today I need to:

Put a wash on
    Check finances
    Write and post card
    Post items for business

Can’t think of what else but sure there is more to do!

Have a good day everyone x
  • debtaghh
    edited 27 October 2017 at 9:08AM
    Options
    Morning,

I managed my low spend yesterday. Really impressed with this week’s low spend. I’ve bought Xmas presents but not counting that as is budgeted and not something extra due to half term.

Feeling very tired as didn’t have the greatest night sleep.

Visiting ds friend and they have offered us dinner which is nice.

Have a good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Free dinner, sounds lovely :)

Try to relax a bit today, if you can.

Have a lovely day xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I can’t renember if I mentioned it but we received a letter last week saying we paid too much interest on our mortgage any way £80 chq received and banked. I’ve used it to pay some off the cc as was unexpected so will need to update my signature. I’ve had a few sales lately which is good as I’m saving all as salary for next month and December will be expensive so need as much money as salary as possible.

This weekend I need to:

Do errands in town
    Post items
    Hoover
    Mop
    Update signature and check finances
    Get car seat back and pack dd bag for busy week next week
    Wrap nephew’s bday present
    Sort paperwork tray out
    Check meal plan until next pay day

That’s all I can think of for now, have a lovely weekend everyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback