PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• I always imagine that my house will end up on this thread with my plants vs zombies mural on show !
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Another classic probate property!http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44219741.html

Checkout the ill fitting lino in the kitchen (look towards the sink)
    The broiwn curtains in a blue bathroom
    The garage which needs a little finger prod and the thing falls down.
  • Ladyxxmacbeth - I'm sorry, but my interest is now piqued. Really need to see a photo of the plants v zombies mural - please??
  • since you asked so nicely ! Spot the cat ! Hint: it's not a real one!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44055935.html
  • Contessa wrote: »
    Gorgeous-now that's my idea of a beautiful home!

Thank you Contessa :D:D:D

I only wish we hadn't sold it........
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • I love that house I bet it's all cream and boring now ! I hate cream and boring I'd rather have old fashioned 1970 than boring and cream !

Thanks LADYXXMACBETH :D

You're probably right......the people that bought it from us loved it the way we'd decorated and furnished it. They bought over £5k worth of stuff (butterflies, icons, artwork and some furniture etc) from us in order to keep it as it was, although she was a former London antiques dealer so had loads of great pieces too. The only obvious changes *they* made were to add an Aga and paint a couple of bedrooms different colours. Even though we now live 70 miles away we often drive past and until they sold, everything including the curtains looked the same from outside. Chances are the new owners have different taste though and it'll be all minimalist now ;)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Excellent mural that, LadyxxMacbeth! In one of our houses, when we were kids, an artist friend painted a full wall with Star Wars stuff - the main wall was the Death Star with all space ships, and on one edge were close-ups of the characters. It was absolutely great! Wish I'd taken photos but I didn't. Kept thinking of someone stripping wallpaper and coming across this masterpiece.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Spot the minion.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41984122.html

Just 'cos it made me smile!
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    since you asked so nicely ! Spot the cat ! Hint: it's not a real one!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44055935.html

I found it :)
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Thanks LADYXXMACBETH :D

You're probably right......the people that bought it from us loved it the way we'd decorated and furnished it. They bought over £5k worth of stuff (butterflies, icons, artwork and some furniture etc) from us in order to keep it as it was, although she was a former London antiques dealer so had loads of great pieces too. The only obvious changes *they* made were to add an Aga and paint a couple of bedrooms different colours. Even though we now live 70 miles away we often drive past and until they sold, everything including the curtains looked the same from outside. Chances are the new owners have different taste though and it'll be all minimalist now ;)

It's a beautiful house phoebeseb. Absolutely stunning. I can definitely see why you are well placed to comment on this thread! I'm just wondering where you live now after trading up from there. I'm imagining a small castle...
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure