Starting over...

Comments

• ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Let me know if you would like me to merge your old and new diaries ladymay. Good that another one retrieved.

Oooo yes please! First time on here all week and I'm as happy as a clam!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    i'm officially confused now lol but great its back
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • ladymay
    MeenaM wrote: »
    i'm officially confused now lol but great its back

You and me both!! :rotfl:

In Portsmouth for a few hours, time to send off some invoices for work next week and do a survey or two. Total spent so far this week is £7 - the joys of working on ship!

I'm really enjoying the job and learning a lot, not only directly linked to my role onboard but because I'm looking after all the entertainment, I'm picking up lots of tips and looking at putting together a cabaret act myself :D

Two days left of my first stint and looking forward to getting back home for a few gigs and some r and r!
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Good to hear from you and great to hear things are going so well for you
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Pleased it's going well for you. Exciting times ahead.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • ladymay
    Back in the shire! I'm clean and fed, laundry is on and once I've got my to do list done for tomorrow and next week I'm going to relaaaaaaax for the night - I've got two episodes of Star Trek to watch :cool:
  • Original Series, TNG, Voyager, Deep Space Nine or Enterprise... the geek in me needs to know :rotfl:
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • ladymay
    edited 17 February 2018 at 9:46AM
    Thanks Uncanny and WTMA - it's a huge relief to know I've taken a bit of financial pressure off while still enjoying my professional life. It was a leap of faith to step away from full time singing but I'm glad I did it!

The car tax is finally sorted so next step is to sort out the insurance. Initial quotes are looking at around the £750 mark :eek::eek::eek: I'm expecting about £850 and !!!8364;315 to come in by the end of the month but I've still got to get my union membership (for my PLI) and Mum's birthday present to sort out, not to mention having to spend out for new number plates, car service and fixing my car keys, so lots of discipline needed!

My living situation is looking a little fraught atm - Mum's arthritis has worsened to the point that she can probably register as disabled (to be confirmed on Monday). If that happens she can go down to 16 hours a week in her job and get all the benefits she's entitled to, but I'm pretty sure that means she'll be moving to a one-bed flat. She's only 51 and it's breaking my heart how much pain she's in...

Plans for tomorrow (oof):

- See cousin and her little girl (espected spend about £4)
    - Pick up dry cleaning (£16.50 to be paid)
    - Bits and bobs shop (max £5)
    - Take pics of a few clothing items I want to see and pop them on my local buy/sell/swap page
    - Tidy flat
    - Sort set lists for Sunday and Mon/Tues
    - Look at second hand ovens for Mum's present (not very exciting, but much needed if she stays in this flat!!)
    - Social media
    - Sort out gift for my friend's baby shower
    - Car insurance (approx a gazillion pounds...)
    - Order numberplates
    - Update finances
    - Watch as much of the Winter Olympics as I can!

Up and at 'em, boys!
  • ladymay
    Original Series, TNG, Voyager, Deep Space Nine or Enterprise... the geek in me needs to know :rotfl:

Discovery, the new one on Netflix; I'm really enjoying it. And as much as much as I know TNG is the best, I have a real soft spot for the rubbish that is Enterprise :D
  • I haven't caught any of Discovery yet... It is on the list though ;)
    Enjoy :D
    TNG is my fave too and I loved Voyager as well
    R.I.P. T.P.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport