Teacher told child she could wet herself

Comments

• birtley90
    birtley90 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Certainly considering taking it further, just was a bit unsure on whether it was common practice, seems harsh to me
  • birtley90
    It was 40 minutes after lunch, quite reasonable in my eyes to need a wee after lunch. She had to wait 1hr and half
  • birtley90
    Mojisola wrote: »
    An 11 year old girl may need the toilet for reasons other than having a wee. Are the school okay with the idea that a girl should spend the rest of the day sitting in bloody clothes?

My thoughts precisely
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    birtley90 wrote: »
    Certainly considering taking it further, just was a bit unsure on whether it was common practice, seems harsh to me
    To me, it's this bit that I would find odd:
    Yes she said it was a joke, but my daughter was still not allowed to go to the toilet

Why would a teacher make a joke about an 11 year old asking to go to the toilet?
    And if it was a joke, why didn't she let her go?

The response you say you got from the teacher sounds 'off' to me.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    My thoughts precisely
    So was your daughter having her period or expecting her period at the time she asked to go to the toilet?

If she was, what did the teacher say when you pointed out the reason she wanted to go to the toilet?

If she wasn't on her period, she wouldn't have been sat in bloody clothes.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Sounds like she needs to be told that toilet breaks are during break time
  • birtley90
    Pollycat wrote: »
    So was your daughter having her period or expecting her period at the time she asked to go to the toilet?

If she was, what did the teacher say when you pointed out the reason she wanted to go to the toilet?

If she wasn't on her period, she wouldn't have been sat in bloody clothes.

No she wasn't, but the teacher was not to know that when she asked to go toilet
  • Guest101
    No she wasn't, but the teacher was not to know that when she asked to go toilet

What?? Doesn't even make any sense.

what exactly was the detrimental effect this had? Does your daughter now use the toilet at appropriate times?
  • birtley90
    jondav wrote: »
    Oh please! If it was 40 minutes after lunch, she should have gone then.
    Reminded perhaps that it would help in future to use the loo at lunchtime, not just told no for the rest of the day
  • Guest101
    Reminded perhaps that it would help in future to use the loo at lunchtime, not just told no for the rest of the day
    Are you her teacher?

Would you like the teacher to come into your place of work and tell you how to do your job?

There is literally no ill-effect on your child. If anything you should say thank you for helping her learn good toilet habits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure