• Mr T became an Annie Sloane goddess before we moved 😉

Tilly xxxxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I luuuurvvve pancakes and waffles and all things like that :o they look yummy :A

I can confirm the banana, date and walnut loaf turned out beautifully. End slice (just to check it was ok for others of course :o) eaten with a brew to confirm quality :D

You'll be moving in no time - it's flying. And browsing Pinterest for chalk coloured anything is more than acceptable use if time :rotfl:

Glad the cake turned out well Purp - Mr F did a very thorough quality check of my bake :rotfl:

The house we're going to is bigger and a different style from our current home. There won't be much in the pot for buying furniture so I'm just going to have to get creative.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Mr T became an Annie Sloane goddess before we moved 😉

Tilly xxxxx

Are you hiring him out Tilly? :D

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Are you hiring him out Tilly? :D

Fortune x

Oh sweetheart you can have him for nothing 😉
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Those pancakes looks far more delicious than the healthy ones I suggested, great find!

Browsing for inspiration so you don't need to buy all new furniture definitely counts as an mse activity :)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    A lovely day here meant I could get some more washing done :) However, more washing means more ironing and I haven't done anything but all day. Did mean I could watch back to back episodes of Money for Nothing guilt free though :rotfl:

Mr Buyer emailed today to find out if we'd replied to their enquiries (yes we have... 3 times now). He seemed anxious to hurry things up and I started to worry that something had happened with Mrs Buyer's job after all. But it wasn't that. They have booked a holiday in July and want to be able to pick up the keys beforehand so that the new kitchen can go in whilst they are away. They obviously have no concerns about proceeding with the purchase or an imminent drop in income :D

Not sure booking a holiday before exchange is the best idea but at least I know they have a strong incentive to keep things moving. Might mean they don't push for that indemnity ;)

My solicitor is out of the office until Thursday so there's nothing I can do now until then.

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Oh sweetheart you can have him for nothing ��

Tut, tut Tilly - that's not very MS :rotfl:
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Those pancakes looks far more delicious than the healthy ones I suggested, great find!

Browsing for inspiration so you don't need to buy all new furniture definitely counts as an mse activity :)

Sadly more calorific though :o It's no wonder my jeans are tight :o
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I bet your jeans are not as tight as mine though :rotfl: Fact.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Such beautiful summer days. DC came round for supper last night (Courgette & Prawn Curry). We ate in the garden, drank wine and took an evening stroll through the lovely Kentish countryside. Stunning.

Mr Buyer contacted me again this morning with a copy of the outstanding questions in case I hadn't seen them :rotfl: Only three times at least :rotfl: I dropped my solicitor an email with an update but wasn't able to speak to her today. It was her first day in the office this week so I wasn't expecting any news. We signed the mortgage deed and the contract on our purchase and popped them in the post box this evening.

I discovered another load of washing by the laundry basket today. Not in the laundry basket - on the floor by the laundry basket. The laundry basket was empty :rotfl: So I took advantage of the sunshine to get that clear. Where does it all come from?

Lunch was leftover curry with baked potatoes and we ate in the garden again. Need to make the most of these light evenings - it's the longest day soon.

I have started preparing the house for the move. A bit optimistic I know but we might not have much time between exchange and completion at this rate. Today was the main bedroom and I'm ashamed to admit to the level of dust I found under the bed :o

I also listed 2 items on the Bay of E. I'm going to aim for 2 things a day although here's not much left to sell now.

Friday's seem to be a day of action for the solicitors so I'm interested to see what tomorrow brings.

Take care

Fortune x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure