IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Business Centre "Claim Form" from UKCPS

Comments

• sidk01
    sidk01 Posts: 16 Forumite
    I have read it. Once i complete the online thing on money claim online, what is my next step? i am so confused
  • sidk01
    after submitting i have acknowledged it on money claim online. what do i do
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Prepare your defence and submit it on time
  • sidk01
    is it too late to pay? i think i would rather it done with and removed from credit history.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sidk01 wrote: »
    after submitting i have acknowledged it on money claim online. what do i do

You really need to read the Newbies thread thoroughly and several times. It contains a very comprehensive guide to defending a court claim including answers to all the questions you are asking.

Yes it does take a fair bit of reading but you have a very, very winnable case. In order to win you do have to have a little understanding of what you are doing though.
  • sidk01
    i understand but i really do not want to go to court. could i just pay it and avoid all of this?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Faced with a decent defence they may well withdraw the case before it gets to court. You are now in a game of chicken.

The thing is you have a trump card. Naming the driver is a complete defence and they will know they are on a hiding to nothing. Why on earth would you want to pay them given they have no case against you?
  • sidk01
    I am struggling financially at the moment so I could do without this headache, thats all.

How do I give in my defence please? it doesnt state in newbies thread.

thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    sidk01 wrote: »
    i understand but i really do not want to go to court. could i just pay it and avoid all of this?

Not recommended

And giving out this kind of advice is not what this forum is about.

Yes send them the amount claimed asap to stop them paying more for a hearing. You pay the claimant not the court
  • sidk01
    great will that get rid of this complete headache? including the ccj? :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills