Mortgage Overpayment £0/£2000
    Bathroom £0/£2000
    Big Birthday Trip £0/£2000
    Long Term Saving Pot £0/£2000
  • Triangle
    Triangle Posts: 1,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Patch - out of our 4 creditors one has rejected the plan. Of the other three, two have sent letters to say accounts frozen and new statements have arrived with stupidly high interest. And one we havent heard from at all yet!

We have done one month of token payments, same again in August then the start date of 1st September :)
    MFW!
    Started 1/12/22 - £196,000

Saving targets 2023
    Mortgage Overpayment £0/£2000
    Bathroom £0/£2000
    Big Birthday Trip £0/£2000
    Long Term Saving Pot £0/£2000
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    fermi wrote: »
    Bump for new thread. :)

Thanks Fermi shiny new one, looks good :o
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Jon81
    Jon81 Posts: 95
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    So following approximately 6 token payments to barclaycard I today got a formal demand for payment within 28 days or a default would be issued and it would be passed to a dca

They froze interest from the outset, so am I right in thinking this will continue with the dca and when payments increase that'll just be a bonus for them?

I'm with step change and am due a review shortly to look at permanent solutions so I guess this default is timely
  • Karen777
    Karen777 Posts: 416 Forumite
    ooh I have been off line for a couple of weeks and now there's a whole shiny new thread and loads of new people - hello and welcome to the most useful internet thingy I have ever found! hello to all the regular wise df people and dfw people. Sounds like everyone is doing really well. Proud to be part of this community.

It's always worth trying to get interest stopped - I have recently (after 2 years) got interest stopped on most of my debts - better late than never! Even though it is because my income has gone down it is still very welcome.

Keep trucking on people!
    Debt at highest - June 2013 - 26k/ March 2018 - 2500
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • lewpster
    lewpster Posts: 1,665
    Forumite
    I've had a letter over the weekend from Barclaycard saying whilst they agree to the payment plan I am following and sticking too, it falls below the minimum requirements. They are giving me til the 4th August to pay the arrears or will issue a default and my account will be passed on to a collection agency.

Guessing I want this to happen and it's not as scary as it sounds?

Please can someone reassure me x
  • lewpster
    lewpster Posts: 1,665
    Forumite
    Jon81 wrote: »
    So following approximately 6 token payments to barclaycard I today got a formal demand for payment within 28 days or a default would be issued and it would be passed to a dca

They froze interest from the outset, so am I right in thinking this will continue with the dca and when payments increase that'll just be a bonus for them?

I'm with step change and am due a review shortly to look at permanent solutions so I guess this default is timely

Must be sending them out en mass as i got one too!!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Yes, if its going to happen then much better sooner rather than later. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hi

Now one year into my DMP with SC, all going well now under the 10K marker, but I still have another 3 years to go - is feeling this disheartened all par for the course ? Its so easy to slip back into my old thinking, I am coveting a dress and put it in my basket online last week, I have absolutely no means of being able to afford this dress. But still login everyday to my basket and look at the dress. I work 2 jobs 7 days a week to fund my son through college as well, sometimes I think I deserve the dress then I remember deserving the dress got me into this pickle in the first place !!!!

It was all the mentioning of BC that prompted my reply, I have had a few run-ins with them but nothing out of the ordinary and I too got a we are passing your debt onto PRA on Friday, wonder what prompted their change of heart......
  • Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Forumite
    Hi

Now one year into my DMP with SC, all going well now under the 10K marker, but I still have another 3 years to go - is feeling this disheartened all par for the course ? Its so easy to slip back into my old thinking, I am coveting a dress and put it in my basket online last week, I have absolutely no means of being able to afford this dress. But still login everyday to my basket and look at the dress. I work 2 jobs 7 days a week to fund my son through college as well, sometimes I think I deserve the dress then I remember deserving the dress got me into this pickle in the first place !!!!

It was all the mentioning of BC that prompted my reply, I have had a few run-ins with them but nothing out of the ordinary and I too got a we are passing your debt onto PRA on Friday, wonder what prompted their change of heart......

Hi NewYorkJets

I think the DMP wobble you are having is perfectly normal, as new things become a distant memory and the DFD still looms far away in the distance is starts to get really tough. I understand you want the dress, but do you actually need it? What will happen if you buy it, can't pay your bills, eat, pay son's college bills...

Is there any small thing you could treat yourself to, a cake, a bottle of wine with a mate, a lotto ticket maybe, sometimes you need to build small treats into your budget to get you through the tough years.
    2 jobs 7 days a week and no treats sounds very hard, I hope your son is appreciating the work you do to get him through college.

jremember when your DFD gets closer, it will get easier (thats what I hear anyway;))
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills