New Nappy Cake

Comments

• Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Hope your all ok and being busy with orders. i might not be about for a few days sdo will catch up with you all soon
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • Yay nice new thread! :j
    Have been lurking on here for months now, my "Godsister" is due on Tuesday and er...well after looking on here for months I still haven't really started! Got a few odd month like baby bath etc when it was on offer, but need to go shopping today for the nappies! And a few other bits and pieces. Have seen so many lovely ones on here, so i've got lots of ideas.

Now please don't laugh, but what are these muslins for?
    help wanted....
    I do not have asda near by and wanted to know of other places to buy silicone cup cakes cheaply?

Kim I got 6 cupcakes, blue ones in Poundland, am sure they had pink or red as well. Have seen some in Wilkinsons but the had a celeb chef on so were not very cheap.
    LMMS
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • No one is going to laugh
    We were all :confused: at one point - I still am :rotfl:
    When I had my LO's I used the muslins as a burping cloth as they are very big and also as I was breast feeding I used them to cover up the top of my breast area depending on what top I was wearing so that still nothing could be seen etc. They had a multitude of uses for me.
    Anyways, I use the muslin to line my second tier on a 3 tier cake. I use a fleecy blanket on the bottom tier.
    I am sure others will be along soon who may use their muslins in different ways.

Hope this helps for now though.
  • Thanks love2shopforbargains! Did see some out and about today too so have an idea. Bought some nappies so I can start work on the cake. Have to dig out all the bits i've put by, probably more than I remember buying!

I think it was on the old thread but somebody was asking about the silicon cupcakes. Well I was in £land today and they had 6 cases in blue, orange and pink. They quite bright not pastel shades. Also they had 12 mini cake cases but only in blue. And I know not that relevant here but they also had butterfly and teddy bear silicon moulds. In Mr A I saw 12 cup cases in I think pastel blue, yellow and pink in a set for £2. I'm in the Hemel area.
    :j Baby boy arrived 22nd August 2012 :j
    :jSecond menace arrived safely 13th February 2014
    :j
    Debt Free Wannabee 2015
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks for the info re cupcakes, but unfortunately we dont have poudland here in N Ireland [i looked up their website] but i have checked the equivilant pound shops in my area [around a pound, poundstretcher] but no luck. Ill just have to look further a field in other shops outside my area!
  • Thanks love2shopforbargains! Did see some out and about today too so have an idea. Bought some nappies so I can start work on the cake. Have to dig out all the bits i've put by, probably more than I remember buying!

I think it was on the old thread but somebody was asking about the silicon cupcakes. Well I was in £land today and they had 6 cases in blue, orange and pink. They quite bright not pastel shades. Also they had 12 mini cake cases but only in blue. And I know not that relevant here but they also had butterfly and teddy bear silicon moulds. In Mr A I saw 12 cup cases in I think pastel blue, yellow and pink in a set for £2. I'm in the Hemel area.

ive been after the butterfly and teddy moulds
    but cant find them here , would anyone be kind
    enough to pick me some up:o
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ive been after the butterfly and teddy moulds
    but cant find them here , would anyone be kind
    enough to pick me some up:o
    hi, i cant help with picking u up some cases, but i was intriggued how you are going to use them?? ie what way u going to fill them and with what?:confused:
  • hi, i cant help with picking u up some cases, but i was intriggued how you are going to use them?? ie what way u going to fill them and with what?:confused:

the moulds i wanted to use to make chocolate gifts
    and to do jellys for the kids ..and me:o
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    bargain babe- thanks for your reply, what a shame they arent selling them, I think I would buy up the shelf too!

I read somewhere that sainsburys have 1/3rd off nappies, does anyone know if that would make them cheeper than asdas 140 for £10?
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    sorry, yet another question! Where do people get their muslins from? I remember someone posting a link to an ebay shop but can't find it. I would like them big enough to put around my second tier
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure