Administration Help article discussion

Comments

• matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Really? That doesnt suprise me actually.
  • matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Apollo 2000 website now " temporarily unavailable"
  • We purchased some furniture from mfi three years ago and foolishly bought on credit.
    Our question is that because the company has gone bust do we still owe the money?
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We purchased some furniture from mfi three years ago and foolishly bought on credit.
    Our question is that because the company has gone bust do we still owe the money?

MFI, the furniture retailer, have gone into administration.

Who is your credit agreement with? Check your credit agreement. I doubt it is with MFI. I think MFI used to use Blackhorse at one time (part of Lloyds TSB).

If you have the goods, you'll have to pay your credit provider for them (since they would have already paid MFI for them)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • I bought a Servis washing machine from Argos which started playing up 13months after purchase. Argos say its not their problem! It works, just not perfectly!
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:
  • Sarahcat
    Sarahcat Posts: 39 Forumite
    I recently discovered that Merrick Media a publications company in Bath had gone into liquidation in February. They published such magazines as 'Greece', 'Portugal' etc.
    As I had a year's subscription for one of these magazines I am so annoyed that I wasn't contacted but obviously I'm small beer compared to the money they already owe their bank. (see Bath Chronicle for details).
    No joy for me and I did like my magazine!
  • Omega_1
    Omega_1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I purchased 8 chairs based on a catalogue description, these were delivered and found to be much larger than advertised. Company advised of problem and company visited at weekend where employee on duty admitted sizes in catalogue/brochure were incorrect and agreed he would get company to confirm a refund early following week by e-mail. Nothing heard and then get notified company in administration. Have written to administrators with copy documentation but should I be contacting the Credit card people and any information as to how to present a claim would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Not sure if anyone can advise. I have a credit note for a small local retailer that has closed down. I haven't been able to find out who the administrators are or how to.
    Can anyone help?
  • Premier_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    leonardc wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone can advise. I have a credit note for a small local retailer that has closed down. I haven't been able to find out who the administrators are or how to.
    Can anyone help?

I don't think you'd get any jopy even if you did find the administrators.

Credit notes generally have no monetary value; they simply allow you to exchange the note for something else in the shop - a shop that you say no longer exists.

Unless the credit note stated it could be used in another store that is still trading (and is still willing to accept it), then it is probably worthless, sorry.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Premier_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Omega_1 wrote: »
    I purchased 8 chairs based on a catalogue description, these were delivered and found to be much larger than advertised. Company advised of problem and company visited at weekend where employee on duty admitted sizes in catalogue/brochure were incorrect and agreed he would get company to confirm a refund early following week by e-mail. Nothing heard and then get notified company in administration. Have written to administrators with copy documentation but should I be contacting the Credit card people and any information as to how to present a claim would be appreciated. Thanks

If you bought the goods under a credit agreement (e.g. using your credit card), your best bet would be to contact the credit provider for a refund rather than hope to get anything from the administrators.

Reason: goods supplied do not conform to contract.

Ring your credit card company and ask how to make a claim with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure