Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Some Ryanair news http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68132470&postcount=3

Obviously no claim under EC261, but might be a tad busy in your surgery.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Some Ryanair news http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68132470&postcount=3

Obviously no claim under EC261, but might be a tad busy in your surgery.

I think Wednesday might be a half day for me this week...!
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • NoviceAngel
    Dr_Watson wrote: »
    I think Wednesday might be a half day for me this week...!

No more like a full day look at this lot!

http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryanair-services/cancellations.php?date=2015-04-08
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Dr_Watson wrote: »
    Madchester74,
    From the way you have described the events then yes I'd say you have a claim. If other flights departing from Corfu around the time of your scheduled departure all left there or thereabouts on time then, it sounds to me, that there wasn't any weather issues that RA can use as a legitimate reason to excuse them from paying compensation as per the regulation.
    Interesting that the pilot declared that the delay was weather related....
    Anyway, RA would have the reverse burden of proving such adverse weather affected the departure of your flight making it so late, and with other flights all taking off OK at the time of yours, this sounds to me like it would be impossible to prove.
    You can do all this yourself, my post #569 explains how. But if you don't fancy it, do give a good NWNF the opportunity to pursue this on your behalf.
    Just being presumptious from your username, there is a very good one in your neck of the woods....
    Good luck and keep going

I think I will take them on myself using information as laid out in your #569 post, I was just going to use a NWNF but I think I will enjoy the challenge and will learn a lot during the process.

How long could the process take? And is it €400 per passenger (4 of us 2 adults and 2 children)?
  • Tyzap wrote: »
    Hi,

Just to add a little to what Dr Watson has already said.

After a little digging around it seems that your incoming flight (to pick you up at Corfu) FR2107, held for a short while just off the coast and then diverted to Thessaloniki.

No other aircraft diverted away according to FR24 and flight stats.

The strange thing is that another Ryanair aircraft landed at about the same time (17.30) without any problem. Was there a quick cloudburst around this time or just after?

Regardless, whatever the problem was it affected the previous flight and your delay was a knock on from that.

Get your claim in and good luck.

What evidence should I need and do you think I have a strong case?
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What evidence should I need and do you think I have a strong case?

Yes IMHO you have a very good case.

Flight stats shows the aircraft was diverted on the previous flight so you need a copy of that for your evidence.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I think I will take them on myself using information as laid out in your #569 post, I was just going to use a NWNF but I think I will enjoy the challenge and will learn a lot during the process.

How long could the process take? And is it €400 per passenger (4 of us 2 adults and 2 children)?

Madchester74,
    Good on you!
    It is €400 per passenger so €1600 in total for your family. Plus the return of your court costs and interest should also be awarded. Be sure to name all of you in your Form A and get both adults to sign it, and the lead claimant to sign on behalf of your children.

The process is slow.
    If you get on with it straight away you might be looking at the written hearing in court in up to 3 to 6 months time.
    But that gives you plenty of time to read up on the regulation and the case law that surrounds it.
    Vaubans excellent guide on this forum is where your reading begins.
    Any more help you need - post back on here and help is at hand.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • dartilov
    dartilov Posts: 109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Further update on my claim, Ryanair now upped offer to € 800(an additional €100) with this "menacing" paragraph.

This offer is open for acceptance only until 4.00pm on 13 April 2015 (“Deadline”), after which time we will necessarily have to incur the additional cost of preparing a Defence. If you do not accept this settlement offer, the Defendant reserves the right to bring the
    contents of this letter to the attention of the court on the issue of costs.

Should you fail to do better than this settlement offer, the Defendant intends to seek an order requiring you to pay its costs from the expiry of the Deadline, together with interest on those costs from that date
    until payment.

We look forward to hearing from you

Thoughts?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

:T :money:
  • NoviceAngel
    edited 8 April 2015 at 8:46PM
    dartilov wrote: »
    Further update on my claim, Ryanair now upped offer to € 800(an additional €100) with this "menacing" paragraph.

This offer is open for acceptance only until 4.00pm on 13 April 2015 (“Deadline”), after which time we will necessarily have to incur the additional cost of preparing a Defence. If you do not accept this settlement offer, the Defendant reserves the right to bring the
    contents of this letter to the attention of the court on the issue of costs.

Should you fail to do better than this settlement offer, the Defendant intends to seek an order requiring you to pay its costs from the expiry of the Deadline, together with interest on those costs from that date
    until payment.

We look forward to hearing from you

Thoughts?

Well it's the full compensation minus the court application fee and interest.

Just because of the way it's worded I'd personally tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine,,,:cool:

IMHO, there is no way costs would be awarded against you for bringing a legitimate claim.

They are desperate beyond belief, to be sensible I would ask for the Court fee and forget about the 8% interest, you would be extremely lucky to get 8% anyway. Then it can be seen by the Court that you are trying to be fair to them. Also you could try asking them to pay in GBP at the conversion rate at the time of your legal claim and reference this http://www.flightdelays.co.uk/blog/2015/1284/court-rules-easyjet-to-pay-uk-passengers-in-gbp

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

NoviceAngel

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 April 2015 at 9:17PM
    Yes - they wouldn't make you this offer if they didn't think they were going to get spanked. What a pathetic way to treat passengers.

I would be tempted to reply that, in light of their letter, you would like your full entitlement, court costs, interest at 8% and flowers for Mrs. Dartilov. I bet you'd get it all (minus the flowers, which you might have to arrange). And if they continue to be difficult, proceed with court action and refer the defendants to Pressdram v Arkell [you need to google the reference, as it won't seem to let me link to it].
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback