Has anyone won a twitter competition without...

2»

Comments

• andrew71
    andrew71 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does anyone ever win because of those endless copy and paste manual retweets?
    Copying and pasting a tweet doesn't count as a Retweet. I presume that is what you mean?
  • andrew71
    andrew71 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I sometimes post random non competition tweets eg about football or what is happening in the world. That way my Twitter feed isn't full of retweets of competitions
  • EmskiFink
    EmskiFink Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ive won once and just Follow and RT
    2021 wins: £1 Quidco comp / £30 /
    2020 wins: Harry Potter knitting magic book - £117 - £1 Squidco Amazon voucher - £26 - Build A Beetle game
  • sammi86
    sammi86 Posts: 532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    andrew71 wrote: »
    Copying and pasting a tweet doesn't count as a Retweet. I presume that is what you mean?

That was the old way of retweeting before the retweet button was invented (Twitter dinosaur here). I still do the old way too!
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Unlike Facebook I've rarely seen begging replies on twitter. There are a lot of replies but they're usually things like great prize, thanks for the comp etc. I rarely win on fb or twitter and might give those up soon anyway but the couple of times i did I just liked and retweeted.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • Over 6000 thousand tweets and I haven't won ONE competition on Twitter :) I keep trying to though because it's so easy and quick! No sob stories for me either. They make me cringe tbh.
    2016: Luxury Chalet Holiday in France for 10 people (worth £30.000)
    2019: Instytutum skincare (worth £500)
    2020: Allies of Skin serums (worth £300)
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I'm not sure anyone would actually admit to it on here, even if they had used one :)
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 2 April 2017 at 5:39AM
    I just do what the tweet asks of me, but occasionally I'll also throw in a reply....Like today I entered one for a sports bra and commented that i could do with a new one after a major wardrobe malfunction doing burpees...Not because i think it might give me more chance of winning, but because it's true. Also i think it helps them to see my account is 'human' and not someone using some sort of bot.
    Or if the prize is something i really badly want i might ask for more info (in case i make a purchase later)
    I've been comping for years on Twitter though and only won twice and they were a long time ago now.
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• Abominus
    Abominus Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Had 3 wins on Twitter last month, i usually just retweet unless instructed otherwise, and that's it. Sometimes i throw in a reply, no sob stories though. Does it help? no idea. Don't think it hurts to add a human touch though, feels a bit robotic just hitting retweet.
  • Yatota74
    Yatota74 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have won a few twitter competitions and usually just RT and like, maybe now and again a little comment but not begging, which I find there are not that many on twitter anyway. My twitter account is really just for competitions but I still won a few. Ok considering how may 10 of thousands RT I have done it's not a lot but that is comping
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure