PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 10th November 2018

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 10 November 2018 at 8:05AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 10th November 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Thank you all for the kind thoughts x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light here damp underfoot after rain during the night and not so windy. Temperature dropped yesterday afternoon.

DH and I enjoying first peaceful cuppas, I'm showered, dressed and just finished brekkie as I'm working this morning.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk. I had fish and vegetables. Tonight we're having chicken saag and I'll make up a veg curry also, rice and accompaniments. DS1 is going out and doesn't want curry I have some sausages and mash left in the fridge so he can have that.

I was again reasonably productive yesterday - ironing got done and a couple of other jobs.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Good morning everyone, and thank you NMLC for starting off.

I just made a brief post yesterday as I wasn't very well, but I'm ok now.

I haven't read back in detail, just quickly skimmed through yesterday's posts, I will read in depth though,

Didn't do much yesterday, but as the day passed I felt better, I didn't go out though.

The girls came round last night, but I only had 1 glass of wine, didn't want to overdo it.

I'll catch up a bit today, shopping is needed. I don't think we're seeing any of the family. certainly not DD as they're away in the caravan. There's a party today at the site, and they bought tickets for that, probably next week will be the last week now, then they'll close till the spring.

It semed so dark yesterday, and the forecast is for showers today - the dark days before Christmas!!

Speaking of Christmas, I'd better get my a*se into gear - A friend asked me if I wanted to go to Newcastle tomorrow, so I think I will, I'll make a list tonight. DD suggested that I get her partner a N*xt voucher for Christmas so that's him sorted, I can get that tomorrow.

I thought for our youngest grandchild I would give a token gift, but give his parents money for him, as he doesn't know about Christmas, being only 7 months.

His sister wants everything under the sun, she's 5 and certainly knows about Christmas!!

I'll probably potter a bit today, after shopping. Really we could do with tidying up outside, getting the leaves swept up, but it's windy, so that's a good excuse for not doing it!!

Hope everyone has as good a day as they can, thinking of the sad and worried.

Good luck Speky in your new life, hope all goes well for you.

Take care folks.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ahhh [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gers[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I'm sorry to read your mum's news xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You have a lot going on [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hester[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif], thinking of you xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]taff[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I was pleased to read that your picc line was taken out, my dad was glad when his was removed. He said he felt like he was getting back to normal which made me very happy indeed :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks again [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Helena[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] x [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I would leave my fairy lights up all year if it were up to me :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]LameWolf I'm quite happy with my smart meter and although I've only plugged the monitor thing in a couple of times for a few days at a time, it's strangely satisfying and fascinating to switch things on and off to see it change :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I wasn't ready to sit down for the day at 11am so I went round the house and collected up all the change. I have a grand total of £55 and a bit :D I'm going to tell mr tru that when he empties his pockets he should ignore drawers and tins, just put the cash straight into my purse :D Also cleared some of That Room, I can now see just over half of the floor. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going to start chopping up branches which were cut off next door's tree. They've been in the chicken run for a while, the girls have had great fun rooting through them for bugs but they're ignoring them now so I assume all feasts have been eaten :D I've dragged four smaller branches up to the back door to make a start, I'll bag up the bits and keep the bigger pieces. Not sure what to do with them yet, but I do like to see piles of wood stacked up so I'll just arrange them nicely for now :D I'll do a bit at a time, it'll take a while to get through it all but at least it'll get me into the garden each day. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I haven't planned for today, I'm just going do whatever I fancy at the time :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Hope your DM is comfortable Gers, sorry to hear she's not so good.
    Have a good weekend Specky and enjoy your new adventure.
    Great news taff, hope you're well.
    Enjoy your peace and quiet tru!

The show last night was really good, as was the meal, a great evening all round. It was about 10.30 when I got home so not too late.

One load of washing just about to finish, will put another on when I've had a shower, may change the bed too depending on the weather - it's dry for now but there was heavy rain and strong wind overnight.

I must do the housework when I get back from yoga then I'm having a lazy afternoon.

Have a good weekend, take care. XX
  • Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2018 at 9:21AM
    :hello: Good Morning, Oldstylers - looks as though we're in for quite a pleasant day, but not sure what MrWeatherman says about it yet :undecided

nmlc - thanks for starting us off - have a good day in work today :D.

ScarlettRibbons - enjoy your trip to Newcastle :D. I'm another who needs to get her a$re into gear for Christmas ;). It's vouchers all around for my lot - no worrying about choice of gift - no wrapping - job's a good 'un :rotfl:!

tru - well done on your 'bounty hunt' - £55 is a good haul :j! Enjoy your time in the garden and hope the weather stays mild for you :D.

camelot1001 - your evening out sounds brilliant - I sometimes feel 'odd' when I go for an evening out and come back home in the dark; guess you get like that when you don't do 'evenings out' very often. I've also got the first load of laundry on the go - 2nd load is sitting there a-waiting its turn ;).

((((Healing Hugs)))) for all who aren't well and those looking after other people - with an extra one for those who are both :) :bdaycake: to all with a birthday :beer:_party_:dance:

Had a very quiet day yesterday - decided to give Henry a bit of an outing and a trip around the living room :T. Had to move the couches to get underneath them, so had a 'loose cover wrestle' at the same time. All much neater now :D.

Just as we sat down for evening meal, the phone rang - DGD1 wanting to know if she could spend the night. She'd had a few days in Mallorca (part of her Uni Course) and just wanted a bit of 'Narnie attention'.

As she was actually on a coach coming back to Liverpool from Leeds, it was going to be a couple of hours, so got to watch Emmerdale and Coronation Street x2 before she got here. It's such a joy to have her around, I NEVER say no to her visiting. I've promised to take her out for brekkie when she's in the Land of the Living ;).
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning all

Quick post from me as I am shattered from no sleep. This time though I know the worry. I'm afraid the news about our Holly is not great. Ill copy part of a message she has sent on FB which i know she wont mind for you all to see.

Today, one day after I came out of the hospital after having my medication re-started I learned that there is invasive cancer in the other breast. This time the talk isn’t as positive from the surgeon.
    I’m waiting for a bed to become available to go back and be taken off my medication again, to enable me to have another general anaesthetic.

I'm devastated for her it was all looking so positive :(:(

Onwards and forwards though as OL would say on to the next phase

Take care all I'll post more i she calls later
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Oh crikey Nelski that is pretty poo news for Holly, life can be so goddam unfair at times please give her my best when you next speak.

Don’t really feel up to posting about my day now, seems kinda trivial so will just say take care folks x
  • Morning all
    Thanks for the thread nmlc, hugs to those in need.
    Nelski, oh poor Holly what devastating news.
    Sunny here this morning, CHS was calmer yesterday so maybe he will be a bit better today too.
    I think he has a friend visiting, if so I may pop out for half an hour, he's not really well enough to be left alone yet.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Thanks for posting the update on Holly, Nelski - that's horrendous news for her to receive, especially getting told the day after she was discharged from hospital. Please send her all our good wishes and let her know that we're thinking about her.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry to read that Nelski, send Holly my love.
  • Oh Nelski, that is such a sad update from Holly. Please pass on my love and support. And hugs to you, it's very upsetting to receive such news. It's so hard for her with the effects of stress added in.

Gers, I hope you slept better last night.

Back to more mundane things, coffee club for me this morning. Last night my Aussie friend who stayed last weekend texted to ask if I'd like a trip out with her this afternoon. We're heading for the Crannog at Loch Tay, a reconstruction of an ancient wooden dwelling house built over the water, complete with retractable drawbridge. I haven't been for over ten years, so I'm looking forward to it. It was built by an academic underwater archaeology unit to show what they've discovered, and as a tourist attraction it funds their ongoing work.

She's likely to come back here for a bite to eat, so I'll get that organised before coffee.

Have your best day possible, folks, wherever you are and whatever you're doing. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure