Garden wall damage by Oil Delivery vehicle.

Options
2»

Comments

• arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phone their insurer
  • Maharishi
    Maharishi Posts: 230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Phone their insurer

They haven't furnished me with that info ...
  • Alter_ego
    Alter_ego Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maharishi wrote: »

Presumably you have the reg Number of the truck?
    I am not a cat (But my friend is)
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options

In the photographs you have, can you see the registration number of the delivery vehicle? or did you write it down at the time?
    If so, go here:
    https://www.askmid.com/askmidenquiry.aspx
    and for a £4 fee, you can get their insurance details.

I believe that there is a way to do it free of charge using a mobile phone app but I've no knowledge of how it works but I'm sure someone else will provide details if it is the case.
  • Maharishi
    Options
    In the photographs you have, can you see the registration number of the delivery vehicle? or did you write it down at the time?
    If so, go here:

I believe that there is a way to do it free of charge using a mobile phone app but I've no knowledge of how it works but I'm sure someone else will provide details if it is the case.

Yes, I have other photographs showing the reg but did not post those here in the interests of respect for the company concerned etc
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    What I would do is to use the askmid site to find out the insurance details for the vehicle then contact the oil delivery company again.
    Send them an e-mail stating that if they don't pay the £285 for the repair work within the next 10 days, you will be going directly to their insurance company (and make sure that you let them know you have the details to do this) and point out that this will probably result in a far higher cost for them once their no claims (if they have any) is reduced.

It might also be worth asking them if they have informed their insurers about the accidental damage as their policy would require them to do.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Given the position of the vehicle I would assume the front part is either on a road or public place?

If so ring the company back and request their insurance details under Section 145 of the Road Traffic Act.
  • Maharishi
    Options
    Given the position of the vehicle I would assume the front part is either on a road or public place?

If so ring the company back and request their insurance details under Section 145 of the Road Traffic Act.

You are indeed correct Sir - the damage being caused by trying to turn left out of a driveway that bends to the right where it meets the road. This despite a huge area opposite large enough to accommodate a three-point manoeuvre. Just careless.
  • Maharishi
    Options
    If so, go here:

Yes, it's free via a smart phone. Thank you.
  • Maharishi
    Options
    UPDATE;

Using some of the great suggestions in this thread, the company duly paid up the £285 yesterday and I can now get the repair done.

Thanks for the help people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport