All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We haven't been for a run this week for the same reason - I did a whole 3k on the treadmill last night instead but even that was far too much like hard work.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know what you mean Red!

Up early again today - just can't sleep as soon as its light. Took the dogs to the park at 7.30 for half a hour then went for a medium length run - hard work and still very hot but feel better for doing it. However, a bottle of wine the night before probably isn't the best preparation ;)

Not a lot planned for today - I have a couple of hours of work to do to prepare for an offsite SLT meeting tomorrow that will go on until about 8pm :( .
    Can't decide whether to do it this morning or later - not in the mood yet.....
    The house is clean and the shopping is done so no big chores to do - I was going to cut the grass but I think it's dead! It's like straw and hasn't grown at all in the last two weeks. I'm no gardener but it does look a bit forlorn and sad. I won't water it though as my area has been asked not to - there's no hosepipe ban yet but I think there will be soon.
    Have two loads of washing to do - one is on now - and I need to Hoover out the car but otherwise I have absolutely nothing to do. OH is away today visiting his son so I won't see him. Not sure how to fill the day.... I'm not great at doing nothing.....

Been listening to a new audible book - The President is Missing, cowritten by Bill Clinton - quite good so far. Might listen to a bit more in the garden later.

Forgot to add yesterday that I withdrew £60 cash for spending money so have £240 left in the budget. This week will be dominated by work - long late meeting on Monday, medical appointment after work on Tuesday that potentially will be painful, year 6 transition evening on Thursday and a retirement do on Friday evening. Thankfully, it's just two and a half weeks until the summer holidays start.......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Just waiting for a Camembert to cook in the oven, having it with crusty bread to use up the end of the bread rather than throwing it away like I usually do.
    Have cleaned the car so it doesn't resemble the park inside but haven't washed it. Also gave the garden a little tidy but not cut the grass - it's now looking burnt, poor grass.
    Spent an hour and a half in the garden catching up on podcasts and am trying to summon the enthusiasm to do the bit of work I need to finish today. Not going well so far though...... Maybe after lunch I'll feel more inspired ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Inspiration did strike eventually and both presentations for the meeting tomorrow are now done. They didn't take as long as I thought they would once I got going.
    Spent a few hours in the garden, with the dogs in the shade draped with soaking wet cold tea towels to try to keep them cool - they struggled today in the heat, I think it was the warmest day yet. They did look daft but it seemed to work.

My parents are back from holidays tomorrow and will be staying the night - a good thing as I'll be late home and they'll be back early afternoon so they can look after the dogs until I'm back.

I need to walk the dogs again later but otherwise have nothing to do.... Am all organised for the week. As its the first of July I might have a think about some goals for the month - going on holidays to Greece on the 25th so there's three and a half weeks to go.....plenty of time to get something done :)
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 15 July 2018 at 12:29PM
    Options
    I love a list..... So here goes.....

1. Stick to £150 grocery budget
    2. Stick to £300 spending money budget
    3. Get some euros
    4. Plan holiday packing
    5. Sort out work wardrobe, charity shop donations - started but not yet finished
    6. Give blood on Monday 9th - cancelled appointment, not allowed to donate :(
    7. Run 3 times a week - done well with this so far
    8. Lose 3-5lbs before holidays
    9. Get medical appointment out of the way on Tuesday 3rd - done
    10. Hair appointment - done
    11. Complete Pretty Mudder event on 14th - cancelled but have done my own runs instead
    12. Finish current job on July 19th
    13. Contact new school about teaching commitments and new classes - done
    14. Sort out new home insurance - done
    15. Clear out office at work - [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]done , all boxed up ready to bring important stuff home[/COLOR]
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Hi MT, glad all is is well. I have only recently found your new diary and have enjoyed binge reading!
    Check with your HCP at your appointment but I am fairly certain you cannot give blood when taking tamoxifen. Having had the actual ‘c’ I am banned for life. It is something I did for years but alas no more. :(
    TTC
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £104/£365 28.6%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £5.2k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Wow! That never even occurred to me! Thanks Triple Choc! I'll check about blood donation.
    Do you take tamoxifen now? How are you getting on with it if you do?
    By the way, it's great that you've recovered.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Well, yesterday was the longest day ever - was in work by 7 as usual and got home at 9pm. Thankfully, my parents were here looking after the dogs so they're weren't left all day. They had a good holiday and have now gone home to Wales taking their bonkers dog with them. It's just me and my hound now and it's lovely and quiet.

Had a busy day in work - got quite a bit done and left 3.30 to have a quick shower before going to the doctors to have a coil fitted. 25 painful mins later they gave up. :( still uncomfortable now. Apparently I have a cervix of steel!! I can't take the pill anymore because of the tamoxifen so this was the alternative. Not a great success..... Back to the drawing board....

Have since had an hour in the garden to recover and walked the dog for 30 mins - it's not as hot today but still lovely out.
    Have the football on in the background but am pottering about making my house look respectable again after the visitors. I am Welsh after all!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Triple Choc - I forgot to add that I have checked about blood donation and I'm not allowed :( so have cancelled the appointment - thank you for the advice. Saved me a wasted journey. Xx
  • triple_choc_chip
    triple_choc_chip Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 3 July 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Wow! That never even occurred to me! Thanks Triple Choc! I'll check about blood donation.
    Do you take tamoxifen now? How are you getting on with it if you do?
    By the way, it's great that you've recovered.
    Hi MT, I see above you have checked it out, I was 90% sure but I wasnt on the same stuff. I was Her2 positive and had Herceptin for a year following on from the initial 6mths chemo, mastectomy after chemo and radiotherapy 3mths after that. Having been told I would never get an all clear Im still stirring up trouble after 9yrs so cant complain. Growing old used to be a fear, now its a challenge! Not that Im ancient or wrinkled yet and still working full time but I cant shift the weight easily these days.
    I was really interested to learn that you have Tamoxifen as a protective factor, Im sure treatments have totally changed in a decade but Im hoping I dont find out and I hope you dont either because its totally crap. :D. Its reassuring to see a proactive approach from the NHS though.
    Have to end with a nag though - Im sure stress is a factor so always give yourself enough time for R&R. Take care
    TCC
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £104/£365 28.6%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £5.2k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure