Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?

Apparently, they are gone already! I managed to buy a Mini Nes last time but didn't try for this one. Did anyone have any luck?

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    that's what he is talking about
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Just pre ordered one from smyths
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    all snatched up by scalpers

I rang very and they said they only were allocated 60 for pre orders, SIXTY.

wow massive stock levels.

A pre ordering system is supposedly to allow a manufacturer to know how much to produce, so you accept every pre order and make the same amount, but it seems nintendo are deliberately keeping it limited presumably to make them more valuable.
  • Lumstorm
    Lumstorm Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'll pick one up if I can and a Super Famicom console as well. I bought the Mini NES last time for £49 and the Mini famicom for £44 from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.co.jp respectively I refuse to pay scalper prices.
  • Chrysalis
    the snes famicon mini is on play asia at the moment in stock.

seems shopto are a scalper as well as I observed they have a mini nes (not snes) in stock but its £150.

I also want a mini nes but it looks like I will literally have to pay over the odds to get one, for a mini snes its hoping that nintendo sees sense and provides more pre orders.
  • Miski
    Miski Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    edited 28 June 2017 at 8:43PM
    Yep, managed to now snag myself 2.

1 from Amazon and the other Smyths. Unfortunately I panicked when I was rushing to buy it before it sold out and chose Cardiff as a collection point

I live no way near there.

For others. Don't panic Argos will be releasing their stock for pre-order
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It is widely suspected that Nintendo will provide higher stock levels of the Mini SNES given the success of the NES. Nintendo are generally low with their stock, but they have shown in the past by re stocking some of the rarer initial amiibos that they do have the capacity to show some sense. My hope is that the combination of stock levels being higher for the Mini SNES and a much higher proportion of scalpers will mean that sell on prices are kept somewhat sensible, but I accept that may be a pipe dream. If it isn't a pipe dream, it might mean that re stocks are more readily available when they inevitably come round.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • Chrysalis
    edited 28 June 2017 at 10:27PM
    It is widely suspected that Nintendo will provide higher stock levels of the Mini SNES given the success of the NES. Nintendo are generally low with their stock, but they have shown in the past by re stocking some of the rarer initial amiibos that they do have the capacity to show some sense. My hope is that the combination of stock levels being higher for the Mini SNES and a much higher proportion of scalpers will mean that sell on prices are kept somewhat sensible, but I accept that may be a pipe dream. If it isn't a pipe dream, it might mean that re stocks are more readily available when they inevitably come round.

They already out of stock ;)

Took 24 minutes.

I just think its a business decision made by Nintendo to make this a limited production, as it is proven that by limited supply, it can actually raise demand, the fact I tried to order one is proof of that, I probably only want it by the fact it is a limited run.
  • Sparklytori
    Sparklytori Posts: 54 Forumite
    Managed to place a pre order on amazon.uk.....hope it gets fulfilled as I missed out on the mini nes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure