Time to get serious

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Those are legit. costs, aren't they - its good you know what the extra spends are, at any rate. Hope you're giving yourself some recovery time this weekend.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Thank you KC, I think you were just posting here whilst I was over on your diary!

I do really need some rest this weekend, you are quite right. It's a big internal battle though when I have so much to do. It is only temporary, just over 3 weeks time and I will be able to rest loads and will be in huge debt :rotfl:

My Tesco savers paid interest today - a massive £6 something, I had planned to keep 10k in there for 6 months but it only ended up in there for 1 month as we ended up buying the field sooner than anticipated.

I need to close down a RS early too as the funds will be needed for stamp duty soon. That needs to go on my list to do as well.

It looks like it will be sunny today so a huge bonfire is planned of all the hedge bits that have been cleared so far. My plan is to then sit and watch it so I can rest a bit too. I might even get my shorts out!
  • Karmacat
    I love it when there's a crossover of diary posters :)

I tried a bonfire in my new little incinerator, but it was useless - I think the twigs etc were too green still, and I don't think I used enough kindling of paper etc. Hope yours works well :)
  • Well the bonfire didn't happen yesterday. I blame the fact I put my shorts on as it started to rain!

Although it took 5 hours to drag all the bits to the bonfire site (and still not done!) so wouldn't have had time to light it anyway. A tad over ambitious with my timings there I think.

We did meet a few more field neighbours yesterday too, which was good, they all seem very friendly.

One more box packed too.

Hoping for sunshine today, so leaving my shorts in the wardrobe :)
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    So it was your fault it rained yesterday ! I am not sure I would brave shorts here today anyway, is looking a bit grey and overcast. I was hoping for some sunshine too : )
  • Yes, sorry, it was my fault! I was overly optimistic again!
  • More rubbish removed from the field Sunday, all the rusted metal and barbed wire that was removed when putting up the new fence. Yesterday I ached everywhere!

The mortgage company have asked questions about some entries on the bank statements - for example what was that massive payment for at the end of last year (field purchase). Hopefully this means we are nearly there.

On the packing front I have nearly completed packing up the bookcase area, so lots of heavy boxes piling up now.
  • Karmacat
    Those are both good things - getting the field *nice* to be occupied, and getting books packed - its exhausting to pack them because they're so heavy.

Nearly there!
  • We are sooooooo close!

I'm getting very excited now :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hope it all speeds through for you x
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure