Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 January 2019 at 3:52PM
    EachPenny wrote: »
    It would help everyone if you'd included a link in your post. :)
    https://www.saffronbs.co.uk/savings/immediate-access-savings-accounts/12-month-fixed-rate-regular-saver-issue-3-g2/

It is true if you want to open the account by post.

The T&C's and summary box make it clear that the account can be opened by anyone (meeting the other conditions) in branch, or "...if you currently hold a savings or mortgage account with the society for at least six months you can open this account by post."

You're misreading what I said.

I had no prior accounts with Saffron when I opened mine RS in branch. The wording on this thread in the OP implies that you can only open the account if you already have a savings or mortgage with them. Which is not true.

It says "To open this account you need to have held a savings account or mortgage with Saffron BS for at least 6 months. All customers can open the account by post."

I had to go in branch to prove identity. If you're an existing member you can do it by post. So it's actually the other way around. Anyone can open the account, but only existing customers can by post.

I'm simply highlighting that SpecialSaver needs to re-word the info. Thanks.
  • aj23 wrote: »
    You're misreading what I said.

I had no prior accounts with Saffron when I opened mine RS in branch. The wording on this thread in the OP implies that you can only open the account if you already have a savings or mortgage with them. Which is not true.

It says "To open this account you need to have held a savings account or mortgage with Saffron BS for at least 6 months. All customers can open the account by post."

I had to go in branch to prove identity. If you're an existing member you can do it by post. So it's actually the other way around. Anyone can open the account, but only existing customers can by post.

I'm simply highlighting that SpecialSaver needs to re-word the info. Thanks.

Agreed - you can open it in branch.

But Saffron only has a limited 11 branch network in Essex, Herts, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire - so it may not be practical for many to get to a branch. If you don't drive the Brentwood branch is the nearest to London - albeit a 10 minute walk from Brentwood station which at least gives you a chance to try out the new Crossrail trains!

https://www.saffronbs.co.uk/contact/branches/
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    margaretx9 wrote: »
    Agreed - you can open it in branch.

But Saffron only has a limited 11 branch network in Essex, Herts, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire - so it may not be practical for many to get to a branch. If you don't drive the Brentwood branch is the nearest to London - albeit a 10 minute walk from Brentwood station which at least gives you a chance to try out the new Crossrail trains!

https://www.saffronbs.co.uk/contact/branches/

I didn't say you couldn't open in branch. I'm just saying SpecialSaver needs to reword the bold bit on the product info. You do not need to have held another product for 6 months. I hadn't. If you're not an existing customer, you have to go in branch for ID purposes.
  • Good quick turnaround by T&C. Application posted to them Saturday 12th using one of their pre-paid 1st class envelopes, account opened Mon 14th, passbook received Tue 15th.
  • Good quick turnaround by T&C. Application posted to them Saturday 12th using one of their pre-paid 1st class envelopes, account opened Mon 14th, passbook received Tue 15th.

You might get a better response if you'd have included the product and institution in a title.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,442
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Good quick turnaround by T&C. Application posted to them Saturday 12th using one of their pre-paid 1st class envelopes, account opened Mon 14th, passbook received Tue 15th.

Town & Country? Have Barclays resurrected the brand?

If not, then what are you talking about?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,216
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I am guessing its Tipton and Coseley
  • Speculator wrote: »
    I am guessing its Tipton and Coseley

I do like their glossy website - does everyone in the towns of Tipton and Coseley look like they have stepped straight out of a Gap advert or a John Lewis ad? They all look so healthy and glam.

https://www.thetipton.co.uk/
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What are people doing to access the funds in their Leeds Building Society Issue 4, which converts to an easy access account on 1st February 2019?

I don't really want a cheque, so plan on writing in to ask for a bank transfer. I seem to recall that being offered on later issues.
  • glider3560 wrote: »
    What are people doing to access the funds in their Leeds Building Society Issue 4, which converts to an easy access account on 1st February 2019?

I don't really want a cheque, so plan on writing in to ask for a bank transfer. I seem to recall that being offered on later issues.

Dealt with here.....

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5783648
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family