Subject Access Request DWP

2»

Comments

• _shel wrote: »
    You wouldn't necessarily be due backpay if you failed to claim something. That's your responsibility and it's now tough luck.

The ones getting back payments were subject to a government errors when transferred to esa.

I've read success stories on this forum of it being paid back many years when people realised they were entitled to it - I'm willing to sit on hold for a while to find out!

I did ask when I first applied for it how long it could be backdated to - because I moved to NI, it was the date my claim started here. I fear I may have been told the correct answer for the department I was dealing with - THEY could backdate it to the date I switched over, but maybe the lovely people across the sea could backdate even further.
  • calcotti wrote: »
    SDP will be fully backdated if you can demonstrate you qualified.
    K80_Black wrote: »
    I've read success stories on this forum of it being paid back many years when people realised they were entitled to it - I'm willing to sit on hold for a while to find out!

I did ask when I first applied for it how long it could be backdated to - because I moved to NI, it was the date my claim started here. I fear I may have been told the correct answer for the department I was dealing with - THEY could backdate it to the date I switched over, but maybe the lovely people across the sea could backdate even further.

I thought wrong. Calcotti states above it will be paid regardless if you prove you were entitled.
  • What documents would you get in a Subject Access Request. Say I have a appointee, would I be able to request all my documents or would the appointee?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure