Marcus Easy Access Savings Account

Comments

• OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hard search or soft search on credit file?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    OceanSound wrote: »
    Hard search or soft search on credit file?
    Only one soft search on Equifax as shown below. There was nothing on Experian or Noddle.

Equifax - Identity Verification search from Tracesmart-goldmansachsinternati.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    "The vampire squid sucks 100,000 savers in a month"

anyone else see the article in financial mail, i wondered why it was so popular.
  • RG2015
    stehouk wrote: »

anyone else see the article in financial mail, i wondered why it was so popular.
    Quote from This is Money:

Goldman has earned a fearsome reputation for its unrelenting pursuit of profit

Not like the other banks then.
  • Tried to apply, discovered that dual nationals or anyone with banks or tax in the USA are not eligible for a Marcus account.
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    stehouk wrote: »

Matt Taibbi is not my first port of call for financial insight.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    RG2015 wrote: »

No. Far worse. Some would say aggressive in nature, i.e. American Capitalism at it's worst.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 wrote: »

Thrugelmir wrote: »
    No. Far worse. Some would say aggressive in nature, i.e. American Capitalism at it's worst.
    It sounds like they are the sort of bankers that would regard such an accusation as a badge of honor.
  • Spelunthus
    Spelunthus Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 November 2018 at 1:54PM
    Just my report on setting up an acoount. It's a very light process, with very few questions. My account was up within a couple of minutes. When I transfered money from my "linked account" it was immediately returned, and I was asked to upload a bank statement from the account (presume this is a security/money laundering check...). I then got an email asking me to phone them. Again, this seemed to just be a security check and the lady almost instantly said that my account was now ready. It does seem unusual that you only need an email adrress and password to sign on, but since the money HAS to move through your linked account, maybe this is all that is needed. So far, so good.
  • RG2015
    Spelunthus wrote: »
    It does seem unusual that you only need an email adrress and password to sign on, but since the money HAS to move through your linked account, maybe this is all that is needed. So far, so good.
    They install a cookie/token on your pc/tablet to identify you when you login. If you try to login from a different device you will need a new security code which they will send to you by email or sms.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure