Any Hobart Dishwasher experts out there, help please

Hi any Hobart Dishwasher experts about? My wife works as the head Caterer in a primary school and they have contractors to repair their kitchen stuff, that she has to call but they are not that helpful and take ages to come out. They don’t seem that knowledgeable either as they just seem to keep replacing stuff until it works which means the machines can be out of service for ages. Anyway so it isn’t great and she often asks me to pop in and look. I am retired now but was an electrician and used to sometimes fix the kitchen appliances for BT, but that was 30 years ago.

Ever since her machine was fixed last time she is getting white deposits on the cutlery etc and I can see it on the metal work inside the machine. We suspected water hardness was the problem and possibly the last engineer had altered it.

I am very rusty on this stuff now but I went in and after looking at her manual I figured out how to adjust the hardness. It was on H03 which it says = 26 to 37 degrees eh whatever that means and I adjusted it to H01 which = 12 degrees in the book. It is not that clear Googling it but I’d say it was set for very hard water and so now I have set it for softer water. I’m confused though, our water is quite hard (we are in Surrey, chalky area) and so wouldn’t the hard water setting be better for us?

What does “eh” stand for?

I told them to try it for a day or 2 and then I would change it again to H02 but like I say I don’t have confidence in this as I would have thought H03 would be the best setting for this area and that setting it too high would just waste salt, not make stuff go white. It’s almost as if we need an even harder water setting but my wife said they are using a lot more salt than before now so the clues are there.

Maybe everything got factory reset when the engineer worked on it last. Would altering the detergent dosage or rinse agent dosage cause any of this whiteness problem?

Also a separate problem, when you lift the hood and look at the back wall of the machine there are 2 holes about 25mm diameter and these often froth up, i.e. water comes out of them and is quite noisy. To me it almost looks like a pressure relief valve opening up further down a pipe connected to these openings so that you only get a hot dribble out of them. As I say it’s quite noisy when it does this and they say it never used to do that, any ideas what is happening here?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport