I think I am losing my job...

I work for a community trust, started April 2017 as Admin Assistant and given the Admin Manager job in July 2017. When I started I did not get a contract and no contract or JD when I got the Admin Manager Job. I have asked at least 10 times both verbally and via email to the Board of 5 Directors but have had nothing sent to me or discussed with me. Therefore I have done the best I can with what I have.

I now understand that at a Board meeting last night (I do not attend them at Boards request) that they have spoken to all my colleagues about me, asking:

What does she do?
Do you have any issues?
Does she look busy?
Can you work with her?
Any grievances?
And other similar questions...

Now we are a small team of 5 people, no issues with 4, we work as a team as needed and get on well but the 5th person is not a team player, refuses to be managed by me, ignores emails, ignores calls, refuses to come to meetings and so on. Instead, he goes straight to the Board and they entertain him rather than ask him to speak to me.

Over the past 18 months, the trust has lost a manager, 4 admin people, and an accounts person and the root cause is this one employee. He is doing the same to me, undermining me, ignoring, not appearing for work...

So can you help?
It's clear the board want to get rid of me by saying I am not doing my job correctly - can they as I have no JD or contract

I have been here under a year so I know I probably just have to be kicked out but it all seems very unfair as if I was set up to fail.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    JLS3405 wrote: »
    I work for a community trust, started April 2017 as Admin Assistant and given the Admin Manager job in July 2017. When I started I did not get a contract and no contract or JD when I got the Admin Manager Job. I have asked at least 10 times both verbally and via email to the Board of 5 Directors but have had nothing sent to me or discussed with me. Therefore I have done the best I can with what I have.

I now understand that at a Board meeting last night (I do not attend them at Boards request) that they have spoken to all my colleagues about me, asking:

What does she do?
    Do you have any issues?
    Does she look busy?
    Can you work with her?
    Any grievances?
    And other similar questions...

Now we are a small team of 5 people, no issues with 4, we work as a team as needed and get on well but the 5th person is not a team player, refuses to be managed by me, ignores emails, ignores calls, refuses to come to meetings and so on. - So you have commenced disciplinary proceedings against the individual? Instead, he goes straight to the Board and they entertain him rather than ask him to speak to me.

Over the past 18 months, the trust has lost a manager, 4 admin people, and an accounts person and the root cause is this one employee. He is doing the same to me, undermining me, ignoring, not appearing for work...

So can you help?
    It's clear the board want to get rid of me by saying I am not doing my job correctly - can they as I have no JD or contract

I have been here under a year so I know I probably just have to be kicked out but it all seems very unfair as if I was set up to fail.

With less than two years service, they could have you out very easily.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    It would be very helpful if you could explain, if you started this employment in April 2017, and have been with this employer since that time, how come you were a gardener in June 2017?
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Weren't you given notice of redundancy from your job as bookkeeper for a charity in November?

You do seem to have a lot of concurrent full time jobs - how do you find the hours in the week to do them all, and bad luck that you have employment problems with them all!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nicki wrote: »
    Weren't you given notice of redundancy from your job as bookkeeper for a charity in November?

You do seem to have a lot of concurrent full time jobs - how do you find the hours in the week to do them all, and bad luck that you have employment problems with them all!

And pregnant as well!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure