Dear Diary Love from Rebecca

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Awww glad you enjoyed puppy sitting Rebecca!!! Hope its kept you from spending ha!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 October 2015 at 11:22AM
    Bellevie it would probably be sensible to do it that way. However I don't know if this makes sense but I just want his name off my credit report. Also the interest on £1500 is 48 a month. Ok he is paying that but it seems a waste. My own od if I have to go into it has a lot less interest charges. It will be tough but I fancy a challenge.

Mummytogirls; yes it did a bit keep me from spending. I had a spendy half term day yesterday though. I took my daughter to laser quest, climbing and the trampoline park. So that was about £30. Then we went for a meal but my boyfriend paid for that.

Today I am going out to a soft play and out for tea with my best friend and her daughter. So that will be about £20.

Then I am done. The purse is closed. I am glad there are only 30 days in November lol.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Im sure DD will have enjoyed her activities you've had planned xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hello Rebecca, sorry to hear about the setback, but what an inspirational way to handle it!

Pretty amazing!

I hope you can get though the month without dipping into your overdraft. I have exactly the same AIM this month, so we can budy up if you want :)

Nothing is impossible! Girl power :D
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • Rebecca01
    edited 30 October 2015 at 8:19AM
    Hi Catriona

Thank you. Buddying up sounds great. I think when I pay this Barclays account off I will be already in it but the challenge will be to not get any further in it.

Well its pay day! Its not as exciting as it should be as I am about to transfer £1500 to the old Barclays joint account. It sickens me that this was paid off once. :mad:I have paid £100 to my Natwest cc.So debts after todays payments are

Car loan 6500 at 172-47 months to go.
    Natwest cc £5890
    Overdraft £200
    Barclays To Be Closed:j

Left over=0 :(
  • Morning Rebecca.

The great thing is that now that you have closed the account, this kind of situation will never affect you again! Your ex's inability to be sensible will never again require your action.

Have you now closed down all the joint accounts? The future is definitely more controllable now!

Think about a month from now and every month from then, there will only be the consequences of your spending habits to deal with, and you can control those. And if every now and then you splurge, you will at least have had the joy of doing it!

It's a great situation to be in. In control, and only going to get better. Good luck!
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • Thanks Catriona.

I am going to meet him now to close it down. In the interest of honesty; my name is on his main account that he uses on a day to day basis. He gets paid £4700 a month into it and still ends up 2000 in the od. He pays 900 in child support but even so he hasnt had his light bulb moment yet.
    I need my name off this but he has asked if I can wait until he gets his bonus. The difference with this and Barclays is that I see it everyday as it comes up on my online banking so I can monitor it if it was to go over the limit. It did once so I paid it that day.

I will go in today and see if I can get my name off that too without impacting his overdraft as its currently in credit. Hmmm

You are right it feels great being in control. Thanks again.
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well done! Sheer determination you have there.

Makes sense to try and remove your name from his second account, you don't want a repeat performance!
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• Rebecca01
    Thanks Bellevie. It is done now and we have an appoitment on 14th about removing my name from Natwest to see if he can keep the od without me.

My boyfriend is treating me to wine and pizza tonight. So that will cheer me up.

My boyfriend and dd carved minecraft pumpkins yesterday. She entered a competition today and won. She was so pleased. She won sweets, a trophy and a glow thing.

On another note I have lost the m and s voucher that I won. I should be more careful. So annoying.

Have a good weekend x
  • Rebecca01
    Well one week gone. I have managed to have mainly no spend days but had to spend some on a lottery syndicate that I am in at school and some bits for dd packed lunch.

I have also started my diet too. I think my eating is a bit like my spending; all or nothing. I have put on two stone in the last year and a bit. So weigh day today. I have some shakes left over from doing a VlCD and although not the healthiest way to lose weight. It makes me feel better quickly instead of uncomfortable and sloth like. On a morning I have been getting up to do the insanity workout too. So hopefully I have lost a few pounds today.

I am addicted to reading diaries there are some wonderful people on here. Very inspiring. I need to start Christmas shopping too and be organised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure