Being made redundant and unsure of what I will get

First time posting so be gentle.
Last week I was advised I was being made redundant, it came as a shock. I was told I’d get a redundancy payment of £1700 as I’ve been there less then 2 years and I’d get a notice period til the 4th July. Now in the last month I’ve been on a phased back to work after being off sick for 3 months but it’s only temporary, I was doing 2 days a week. My contract didn’t change during this time. Will my notice period pay be calculated by my part hours of the last month or my full time wages.

I’m confused because I had this email this morning from them and really don’t know what it means.

I now have your figures and really need to meet with you to discuss things. The payroll company have worked it out but it may differ slightly depending on how many hours you do before the 15th March as this will effect you earnings to date and tax paid. I know you said you didn't want anymore emails about this so would you be free to come in on monday for a meeting?

Does this mean my redundancy pay or notice period pay?
Thank you

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nutley1974 wrote: »
    First time posting so be gentle.
    Last week I was advised I was being made redundant, it came as a shock. I was told I’d get a redundancy payment of £1700 as I’ve been there less then 2 years and I’d get a notice period til the 4th July. Now in the last month I’ve been on a phased back to work after being off sick for 3 months but it’s only temporary, I was doing 2 days a week. My contract didn’t change during this time. Will my notice period pay be calculated by my part hours of the last month or my full time wages.

I’m confused because I had this email this morning from them and really don’t know what it means.

I now have your figures and really need to meet with you to discuss things. The payroll company have worked it out but it may differ slightly depending on how many hours you do before the 15th March as this will effect you earnings to date and tax paid. I know you said you didn't want anymore emails about this so would you be free to come in on monday for a meeting?

Does this mean my redundancy pay or notice period pay?
    Thank you

I'd say both.

Legally you're only entitled to notice pay. So any redundancy payment is voluntary
  • I didn!!!8217;t think I!!!8217;d get any redundancy money to be honest so was surprised to be offered this.
  • A few weeks back at the start of February I was made redundant during my probationary period with my employer. My contract allows for 6 weeks notice. I have been asked not to return to the office and given 4 weeks, (payment in lieu) by the employer, which has been taxed. 1. Am i entitled to the additional 2 weeks? 2. There is no PILON clause in my contract, and I understand that these payments are not currently taxable. Is this correct? 3. What can I do if my former employer continues to refuses to pay?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure