2018 Benbenandme's Next Battle

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Didn't manage much of a lie-in again today, so got up and went and did some job spotting. I've earned about £8 I think.

I then did some shopping - £9 in Sainsburys (£6 on some beef for dinner and £3 on 3x Maybelline concealer / contour kit, each was reduced from £12 so they are heading for ebay ;)

I also spent £12 in Primark on a couple of t-shirts for ds and some other bits, £14 in Wilkos which included a bargain brushed cotton sheet reduced to £1.25 and 2 x matching pillowcases reduced to 63p :money:

£1 for the car park and £1.50 in Greggs :o

So now I'm home, Bournemouth kick-off in 20 minutes, it's not on Sky though :o So an afternoon of mooching on the laptop, swagbucking and generally chilling. Ds is home mid-afternoon then it's roast dinner time :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Blimey what a bargain with sheets & pillowcases :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • benbenandme
    I know, I was well chuffed, they are a very pale grey but one of ds's duvet covers is grey so they'll be fine with that :)

Let's not mention the football this afternoon :mad::mad: Bathroom has been blitzed to get rid of my frustration at losing :D

Ds is home now, roast dinner is underway and now I'm at the pottering stage :)
  • benbenandme
    I did also buy a reduced Wax Lyrical reed diffuser for the downstairs loo (£2.25) - I couldn't smell it in the shop as it was sealed but it is called wild cherries ... I'd describe it as Calpol :rotfl::rotfl:
  • benbenandme
    Morning all, last night we did a pub quiz, didn't get close to winning but was good fun :)

Today the weather is foul, I'm having an indoor day as I am having someone come round to fit a smart meter for the gas and electric today. The geek in me wants to be able to see how much we use a day :D

I intend to get some more jobs done off my list today and just generally potter. I want to reach my swagbucks daily goal quickly too so I'm not saddled to the laptop all day :)
  • benbenandme
    Swagbucks goal reached, ds is awake, time for me to get up and get going today :D
  • benbenandme
    The man has been and fitted my new smartmeter for the gas and electric - I feel like a kid at Christmas, ds and I are going round unplugging everything that's on standby :D

We've also bagged up the penny jar and have £105 waiting to go to the bank, I'm pleased with this, I'd budgeted £100 from there towards the cruise, so that's a little extra over the target, all helps :D
  • benbenandme
    I've rung up to get my phone unlocked and get my PAC code, I am quite confused about what I need to do to be honest, but hopefully soon I will be able to use my phone indoors again - the signal here is rubbish and I was with Tesco who have been great but the signal means I need to move providers.

I've also registered online so I can access ds child trust fund online, I need to wait for a password to come through the post for that. All little jobs that I've needed to do for a while ...

I've cashed out a £10 Amazon voucher on a survey site, they are building up again now, at least I'll have credit there when I next need to buy birthday presents.
  • benbenandme
    Time for a list update ...
    [STRIKE]Clear washing mountain[/STRIKE] Done but keeps growing :cool:
    Ironing
    [STRIKE]Clear surveys from inbox[/STRIKE] Done but keeps growing
    Update financial goals and see if still on track
    Buy lightbulbs
    [STRIKE]Unblock slow draining plug in bath[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Clean hall[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Clean downstairs toilet[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Clean bathroom[/STRIKE] Done
    Clean my bedroom
    Clean ds bedroom
    Clean kitchen
    Clean kitchen cupboards
    Clean car (inside)
    Book driving awareness course
    Clear paperwork pile
    Pay coins into bank account - Bagged up ready to go
    Apply for passports
    Travel insurance
    Pay cheque in
    [STRIKE]Job spotting[/STRIKE] Done
    Inventory of freezer
    Ebay random bits
    Empty handbag
    Gut the bottom of my wardrobe
    Change bedding
    [STRIKE]Buy washing-up bowl[/STRIKE] Done
    Mooch online for new curtains
    Reset heating / hot water timers
    Trip to the tip

Hmm, that's not great. I'm feeling really down tonight, not sure why really just a general feeling of how monotonous and dull my life is. I constantly think about money, or the general lack of any spare money, I watch every penny I spend because I have to - which takes away any enjoyment in doing things. I think I'm feeling it today because the banking checks I did earlier don't look great.

I just feel like life is a constant battle to find pennies and to monitor ds and try and help him stay on the right path when sometimes he seems hell bent on flying right off it :(

I know I'm organised and top of it all but there really should be more to life than that shouldn't there? I just feel like I have years of getting older and lonely ahead of me. I don't see things changing, I know this sounds really miserable and self-pitying and I don't want it to be like that but years of being a single parent of an SEN child have left me fairly reclusive and the finances don't do much to change that. Ds can be utterly vile to me and I am constantly waiting for the next onslaught ... The ex from hell has changed me so that I don't trust anyone anymore and the thought of a proper relationship again scares the hell out of me, mainly because if I'm honest I don't believe in it. Right now I feel like if it wasn't for my Mum it wouldn't matter if I wasn't here anymore. Wow that sounds self-pitying, I don't mean to, I just feel crap today :( I know it's why I have no motivation to get on with the list, I don't care right now if any of it gets done or not :(

I'm waiting for 7pm when I can call my mate without it costing me anything, hopefully she'll talk some sense into me :o:o
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    So sorry to hear that you are so low BenBen. I hope you have a good chat with your friend. I think you really need that cruise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure