Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi

Does anyone know if you can claim it back if you're not subscribing to the service anymore?

Thanks
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Hi

Does anyone know if you can claim it back if you're not subscribing to the service anymore?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes you can - it's all to do with when the product was sold.

So if you were paying for it between January 2011 and 28 July 2014 and you think you were mis-sold you may have a case.

Let us know how you get on.
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thanks, I'll get on to it now :)
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • banjobob_2
    banjobob_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2015 at 6:02PM
    I currently subscribe to CreditExpert and was gutted to find I had been paying for the insurance as I had a similar sort of cover elsewhere.

I sent a speculative email to them on Tuesday morning to enquire what options there were (Obviously I had read up here), they sent an acknowledgement fairly quickly and this morning I was told they were going to refund me £140 + interest so a total of £160.43.

Entirely easy and a very quick response from them.

Go get them!

Edit: I just checked my account, the money is already back!
  • Thanks for the info. on this I received a refund of £36 within 2 weeks, not a lot of money but better than nothing!!!!
  • Hi there,
    Just heard back from Experian by email -£112.60 to be refunded and I only sent the letter 4 days ago. It took me 15 minutes to download your template, look up online the account and post the letter - done and dusted while taking a coffee break and it feels good to get Justice :beer::beer:
  • I did it over the phone. Called on Thursday using the template and asked how long i had my account for. They told me and i followed the template. Was refunded on Saturday £191.24!

Thanks MSE!
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    I failed security on the phone this morning so have sent the letter template instead. Are people being automatically refunded to the accounts they used to pay? Slightly concerned as I have changed bank accounts since cancelling my CreditExpert back in late 2013.
  • I rang up yesterday to complain, they took my details... Just got a email refunding £200, well happy......
  • Have just been on the phone to them to cancel my membership and to ask for an update for the template letter I sent on 27 March.
    All they can tell me is a final response was posted to me on 02 April and I should receive this by the end of the week.
    Not sure if that sounds promising or not, others seem to have had a response back the next day?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback