Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

NEST or People's Pension?

Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of advice/opinions on NEST and People's Pension.

I currently have a Scottish Widows pension from a previous job that my new employer pays into, however - my current SW's pension isn't AR complaint, the only AR scheme they have on offer you need a min of 50 employees (I am the only employee at my new job), plus I've worked out my SW's pension is actually pretty rubbish!

I've been looking into NEST and People's Pension and both have pros/cons.

NEST seems to have high AMC's for employees but free for employers to use. PP will give me overall a better pension/pay out, low AMC's but costs £500 for my employer to set up (which I feel bad about seeing as it's only going to be for me!).

Any views/opinions on both schemes would be really helpful.

TIA, Gemma

Comments

• My workplace pension is with People's Pension and I find the (lack of) choice of funds insulting to my intelligence.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Both deal with the bottom end of the market and consequently, both suffer similar servicing issues and limited choice.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure