Toys R Us - am I right?! Please help

Options
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some wisdom. I ordered £103 from Toys R Us at the end of October when they were running their 'spend £100, get £10 discount and a £10 gift card' deal. The £103 became £93 after the £10 discount was applied, but I was still expecting a gift card via email last week as my initial total was over the £100 minimum spend.

I've had several emails to and fro this week asking about the whereabouts of my gift card, but they're saying as I only spent £93, I don't qualify for the gift card. They've sent me the t&c's of the deal and I can't see anywhere where it specifies that the £100 spend has to still be more than £100 after the £10 discount is taken off. In my mind, the original total was more than £100 so I should qualify for both parts of the deal (the discount and the gift card).

Am I right to continue debating this with them? Or have I got it wrong? I'd really appreciate it if anyone is able to clear it up for me.

Many thanks

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ladybug13 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some wisdom. I ordered £103 from Toys R Us at the end of October when they were running their 'spend £100, get £10 discount and a £10 gift card' deal. The £103 became £93 after the £10 discount was applied, but I was still expecting a gift card via email last week as my initial total was over the £100 minimum spend.

I've had several emails to and fro this week asking about the whereabouts of my gift card, but they're saying as I only spent £93, I don't qualify for the gift card. They've sent me the t&c's of the deal and I can't see anywhere where it specifies that the £100 spend has to still be more than £100 after the £10 discount is taken off. In my mind, the original total was more than £100 so I should qualify for both parts of the deal (the discount and the gift card).

Am I right to continue debating this with them? Or have I got it wrong? I'd really appreciate it if anyone is able to clear it up for me.

Many thanks

If the deal asks you to spend £100,then you didnt spend £100

https://help.toysrus.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/23000011655-where-is-my-free-10-gift-card-coupon-voucher-
    £10 Gift Card When You Spend £100 Or More - Terms and Conditions

Your free £10 gift card/coupon will be issued when you spend £100 or more at Toys ‘R’ Us, in a single transaction from 18th October 2017 until 17th November 2017 only. Purchases made online will receive a gift coupon via email on either 17th November 2017 or 18th November 2017. The £100 spend must exclude Baby Milk/Food/Formula, Gift Cards/Vouchers, Insurance and Carrier Bags. Limit one £10 gift card/coupon reward per transaction. The free £10 gift card/coupon can be redeemed against any Toys ‘R’ Us purchases (excluding Baby Milk/Food/Formula, Gift Cards/Vouchers, Insurance and Carrier Bags) in-store or online from 18th November 2017 until 30th November 2017 only. Minimum £10 Toys ‘R’ Us spend applies to gift card/coupon redemption. Gift coupons issued via the website cannot be redeemed in-store and gift cards issued in-store cannot be redeemed online.
  • Ladybug13
    Options
    Ok, thank you. Those are the terms and conditions they've sent me. My initial total WAS more than £100 though. The deal was 'spend £100, get a £10 discount AND a £10 gift card'. It was the discount that took me down to below £100. So I've received half of the deal, which is why I was questioning it. My understanding was both parts of the deal were tied with the first initial total. - I must have spent £100 to qualify for the discount in the first place?
  • custardy
    Options
    Ladybug13 wrote: »
    Ok, thank you. Those are the terms and conditions they've sent me. My initial total WAS more than £100 though. The deal was 'spend £100, get a £10 discount AND a £10 gift card'. It was the discount that took me down to below £100. So I've received half of the deal, which is why I was questioning it. My understanding was both parts of the deal were tied with the first initial total. - I must have spent £100 to qualify for the discount in the first place?

Yes,you placed an order over £100,and got the £10 discount.
    To get the gift card the final order total spend had to be over £100
  • Ladybug13
    Options
    Ok, thanks. Still feeling cheated by the way they phrased it on the banner online, but accept your explanation. Thanks for your help, I'll check the small print better next time!
  • custardy
    Options
    I'll admit,its not the clearest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts