Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    On DFW?

I have a spreadsheet for it. :) Hoping to clear another £1,500 in July and £1,000 in August, September and October followed by the final £500 in November. This is a best case scenario. The worst is making £300 payments.

Excellent progress already. Got it all worked out :j

On another note, why do you send me some kind of secret message to "save, save, save" when I quote you, Gally.

Noticed this as well, probably some sub conscious "thing" like brainwashing :rotfl:

Probably disappoints / amuses you I still have a pen collection, though. ;)

Not me, we all have our "little" oddies :p
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    On DFW?
    Probably disappoints / amuses you I still have a pen collection, though. ;)

That reminds me - a friend of mine has just introduced me to Diamine shimmer ink. (I can see you wincing from here :p ) I take it I'm better off getting a converter for my old, cheap school Sheaffer rather than sticking it in the vintage Parker...?
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can't believe you've rumbled my subliminal messages Alex :rotfl:. I think it's something to do with a post being edited but not really sure. BTW - two Maserati test cars today. Saw them being offloaded from the transporter, covered in big bags (the type of dust bags you get handbags in) with Maserati written on them so a bit of a clue :).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not me, we all have our "little" oddies :p

Just some more than others, eh? ;)

:rotfl: :D
    That reminds me - a friend of mine has just introduced me to Diamine shimmer ink. (I can see you wincing from here :p ) I take it I'm better off getting a converter for my old, cheap school Sheaffer rather than sticking it in the vintage Parker...?

:rotfl:

Honestly don't think you need me to answer that question. ;)
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Can't believe you've rumbled my subliminal messages Alex :rotfl:. I think it's something to do with a post being edited but not really sure. BTW - two Maserati test cars today. Saw them being offloaded from the transporter, covered in big bags (the type of dust bags you get handbags in) with Maserati written on them so a bit of a clue :).

:rotfl:

So it isn't deliberate?

I have a dust cover for my Triumph GT6. Granted, a different league. Were they in disguise? Found out the other week you can get a Maserati with a diesel engine, that saddened me somewhat. Person who told me thought the fact I didn't know was rather amusing as he's always said I'm the "car guy". Anyway, I'm really out of touch as I asked Mrs. K. if she knew and she rolled her eyes said "yes" and I need to "get with the picture". :rotfl:

Spend, spend, spend ... erm, wrong post ...
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    June Targets:

Organise Summer holiday: 1. Trip to R.W. 2. Holiday. 3. Agricultural shows x 3.
    Debts: Pay £1,500 from the balance (£6,500 ). Paid. :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    Total Grocery Spend: £215 / £400.
    11.30pm bedtime: 3/20 Went to bed really early last night (10pm :o) and will be going to bed straight after writing this. I'm actually tired which is a good sign.
    Meditation: 5/21.
    Spreadsheets / Money tracking: Managing to keep on track with this.
    De-clutter and Sell: / 3 items. One needs to be the car I've been meaning to sell for months.Not sure why I cannot manage to motivate myself to do this? :(
    Books read for pleasure: 3 / 2, target exceeded.
    Learn something new or refine a skill: 1. Continue learning and applying new knowledge to create more sophisticated and streamlined spreadsheets. 2. Learn a new piece of repertoire.

Feeling better. :)

Had a busy day today which has been enjoyable. My mother is an absolute nightmare, though. She's managed to hurt her wrist and also shoulder (sprained, we think, certainly not broken) because she decided to try to fit a really awkward part on the Daimler she owns. I'd told her to take it to a garage, let them fight with it and I wasn't going to get involved. She decides she wants to have a go and this is the result. The first I hear is father calling me to say he's concerned mother has broken her wrist. I thought she may have fell or done something else that an old lady her age might do (glad she will never read this :rotfl: ;)) but no, this is my mother and she's got near 2,000kgs of car up in the air because she "doesn't quit". :rotfl::mad:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl: hope your mum is ok Alex!

My dad bought himself a maserati last year, I don't even know if its petrol or diesel :o he spends most days driving my mums mini as it's easier! I said he should have got a little red Nissan micra now he's a pensioner :p
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not being a car person Alex I'm not sure I'd know if a Maserati was disguised or not :rotfl:. As for diesel engines, well if I see them cruising down the paseo I'll listen out :). (Not sure I'd know the difference :o)

Hope your mum's wrist is ok with a bit of a rest - fair play to her though :T:T:T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    June Targets:

Organise Summer holiday: 1. Trip to R.W. 2. Holiday. 3. Agricultural shows x 3. This is getting closer by the day. I don't even know where the weeks are going at the moment, I seem not to be able to manage my time well and days / weeks are passing me by. :eek:
    Debts: Pay £1,500 from the balance (£6,500 ). Paid. :D
    Total Grocery Spend: £255 / £400.
    11.30pm bedtime: 3/20 Really struggling with this. Was not asleep until past sunrise, managed only to fall to sleep because I was so tired.
    Spreadsheets / Money tracking: Managing to keep on track with this. Still doing well with this aspect. :)
    De-clutter and Sell: / 3 items. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Books read for pleasure: 3 / 2, target exceeded. :)
    Learn something new or refine a skill: 1. Continue learning and applying new knowledge to create more sophisticated and streamlined spreadsheets. 2. Learn a new piece of repertoire.

I really don't know what's happening to me at the moment. I'm really struggling with time management and establishing any semblance of routine. However, I'm not in a bad place mentally and most things apart from the above are rather good. On the positive side, the one thing I am managing well are the finances / spreadsheets. It seems to have now become a habit and I'm not as concerned about the debt as I was because every time I open Excel I see £1,500 paid for June which I am rather impressed with. :) Next month will not be so high as we've more expenses to cover but if we can see £1,000 cleared from the card I'll be happy with that. Which reminds me I will update re. fixtures and fittings. So far we are really pleased with it.
    newgirly wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl: hope your mum is ok Alex!

My dad bought himself a maserati last year, I don't even know if its petrol or diesel :o he spends most days driving my mums mini as it's easier! I said he should have got a little red Nissan micra now he's a pensioner :p

She's OK. :) My father isn't, he's concerned that she needs to "slow down". I am too. She's terrified about getting older and told me she'd rather die being active than face becoming confined to a room or two. I understand that but she can be so stubborn and has started taking on things when she knows it would be better to pass on because she (I think) wants to prove to herself she can still do it. I suppose it's probably a common issue with older people who are still physically able.

:rotfl: Re. your father. However, I find some cars much easier to drive than others. Can't say I'm particularly good with the brakes on a lot of modern cars, on the occasion I drive something new which isn't a Defender I have to really think about not almost putting my passenger through the windscreen. :o School friend let me have a go in his 430d when he and his girlfriend were up in Bakewell. Girlfriend: "I thought you'd be a good driver having all those old cars" ... that was just after I accidentally pressed the brake pedal as if it were non-servo assisted. :o I was seriously impressed by the performance for what it was, though. What model is the Maserati, NG?
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Not being a car person Alex I'm not sure I'd know if a Maserati was disguised or not :rotfl:. As for diesel engines, well if I see them cruising down the paseo I'll listen out :). (Not sure I'd know the difference :o)

Hope your mum's wrist is ok with a bit of a rest - fair play to her though :T:T:T.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You don't have to be a car person to be able to hear. ;)

Mother is OK, still needs to rest at the moment. We are cooking roast tomorrow and my father is making dessert with my son which should be nice. Tonight my son sent my father a recipe on the iPad and they had a brief conversation via message but it appears the rot is starting to set in as he asked if he could have one (iPad). :eek: :eek:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    June Targets:

Organise Summer holiday: 1. Trip to R.W. 2. Holiday. 3. Agricultural shows x 3.
    Debts: Pay £1,500 from the balance (£6,500 ). Paid.
    Total Grocery Spend: £290 / £400.
    11.30pm bedtime: Since I last posted, I've been going to bed very early (10.00pm and reading until 10.30pm).
    Spreadsheets / Money tracking: Managing to keep on track with this. Still doing well with this aspect.
    De-clutter and Sell: / 3 items.
    Books read for pleasure: 4 / 2, target exceeded. :)

Managed a few early nights which have been good for me.

Can't quite believe Saturday will mark the 1st July and almost another school year over. My son will be going into Year 2 in September and seems to be growing fast at the moment. He's taken two music exams this week and performed very well, just waiting for the results now. :)

No money news as we are just trying to pay the 0% debt off ASAP. :A
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    Options
    You are doing so well, what a turn around ! ! ! You must be sooooo pleased :T

And your son, hope (I'm sure) he will have done very well in his music exams, you must remember just how young he is, although growing up so fast. Time passes very quickly for us (adults), but as I seem to remember when young - couldn't wait to be all grown up.

Your food budget - I seem to remember you saying something like - you couldn't manage on any less - now just look at it :T

I'm Still harping on about
    http://www.boots.com/tisserand-sweet-dreams-aromatherapy-roller-ball-10ml-10085639
    and there is other similar :D

10/10 all round :j
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport