Employed less than 3 months at time of taking ppi policy

Has anyone had any success getting a ppi claim upheld when you have signed a ppi policy agreement when you have been employed for less than 6 months?

He capital/Santander are saying that I took a policy out on 21 September however they think I may not have been in continuous employment for 6 months prior to this date.

This is true as I finished my a levels in summer 2000 and got my first full time job in around July/august 2000

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to clarify do you mean you are trying to claim on the policy not complain about it?

In terms of complaints if you were working full time then you'd need to prove the ppi would not cover you due to being in probation period (see what the terms and conditions say - I'm assuming of course you were honest when applying for the finance and told them you had just started). If you told them and they gave you the policy knowing your circumstances and that it wouldn't have paid out it would be miss-sold. It is possible though that the policy would have a minimum period before you could claim which might have meant when it was possible for you to claim you would have been covered
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    Just to clarify do you mean you are trying to claim on the policy not complain about it?

In terms of complaints if you were working full time then you'd need to prove the ppi would not cover you due to being in probation period (see what the terms and conditions say - I'm assuming of course you were honest when applying for the finance and told them you had just started). If you told them and they gave you the policy knowing your circumstances and that it wouldn't have paid out it would be miss-sold. It is possible though that the policy would have a minimum period before you could claim which might have meant when it was possible for you to claim you would have been covered

Well I am looking into complaining about the ppi policy. They are suggesting that they knew I had not been employed for 6 months at the time of taking out the ppi.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well I am looking into complaining about the ppi policy. They are suggesting that they knew I had not been employed for 6 months at the time of taking out the ppi.

The question then is whether they would still cover you or not, if yes, that reason is not a miss-selling, if no, you could argue it was as you could lose the job during probation before you could claim
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Has anyone had any success getting a ppi claim upheld when you have signed a ppi policy agreement when you have been employed for less than 6 months?

That is not really a valid reason for complaint. Most MPPI policies wont cover you in the first 3-6 months of taking the policy out. So, by the time that ends, you would normally be outside of any probation period.

So, as long as they cover you when their initial qualifying period ends, that is what matters.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    How many threads are you starting about this, "Lynsayb2010"?
    This is your fifth so far...
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How many threads are you starting about this
    Is it like referendums, you keep going until you get the answer you want?
  • i find some people on this forum quite rude, im asking for a little bit of advice re a bit on the reply letter that i dont understand.

im not trying to be fraudulent or anything else. i am trying to get helpful information on a claim from people that have been successful

I have seen a number of threads on here where people are quite rude to the OP!
  • Nasqueron wrote: »
    The question then is whether they would still cover you or not, if yes, that reason is not a miss-selling, if no, you could argue it was as you could lose the job during probation before you could claim

thank you Nasqueron. i have asked for a copy of the original consumer credit agreement for both policies now
  • How many threads are you starting about this, "Lynsayb2010"?
    This is your fifth so far...

thanks for the super helpful reply!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    thanks for the super helpful reply!
    I've responded fully and comprehensively on all of the other threads. I won't be responding anymore...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure