PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Congrats to those who have moved or exchanged!

Welcome littlebobo :)

Today is our mortgage valuation :eek: I hope it goes ok!
    Yesterday we went for a very quick nosy while we were passing whilst the cleaner was there ready for the valuation today ( we had the vendors permission) it is the first time we have seen it decorated properly & the first thing we noticed was a big damp pamp above the window in the hall way :( hubby thinks it’s the lintil ( however you spell it) & a couple of smaller damp patches in the smallest bedroom. We are unsure if it could be as it’s just been replastered but think we are going to have to get someone to look at it which I’m sure will go down like a lead balloon!
    Why is it one thing after another?!?
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Only if I can blurt too littlebobo! We've now given authority to exchange on both the sale and the purchase.

Our EA pulled in massive favours over the weekend to get gas and electricity safety certification done on Sat and Sun because our buyer hasn't read "landlord 101." They want him as a letting client which helped!

Our solicitor had made an 11th hour query go away by getting the other sol and our LA singing rom the same hymn sheet regarding a 70 year old covenant. They've all agreed it's fine, hooray!

Buyer's mortgage was sent by transfer from Malaysian bank on Friday. Currently in the mysterious banking system thingy en route to sols account. Tick!

It's gonna happen late afternoon or tomorrow.

Despite knowing all this top of chain still threatening to pull out. There's no pleasing some people lol!
  • Welcome littlebobo. Hope the move goes well for those that have exchanged/completed!

As of today we have sent/sign/supplied everything we can, except the deposit money.

Contract signed, SDTF signed, indemnities in place, mortgage deed sign (again!! Solicitor lost it grr!)

Gifted deposit paperwork all in from parents...what a nightmare!!

So we are now waiting on Solicitors checking over everything and that the gifted deposit stuff is right. Supply the final property report and giving us the figure for what money Who knows on that front as it’s been a nightmare getting the outlaws to sort it out, possibly the most stressful part of all!!

So maybe we might get some dates discussed officially soon.

Our sellers said they will move out/sell when we are ready, even if their purchase isn’t ready.
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    congrats to everyone getting more signed and things on their way! Exciting times!

i got just our amended mortgage through, but I have no idea what happens next.

My solicitor and broker haven't emailed me back re my queries since Wednesday, and im getting a bit fed up. why is no one ever under any sense of urgency!
  • Back to not hearing anything from our solicitor. She said she sent the deed to sign on Wednesday, but it's still not shown up. She was also supposed to be chased the seller's solicitor about the outstanding query. Not heard anything since, so I've just sent her an email following up.

We're packing up the house in an attempt to get ahead of the game, which means it was a therapeutic and productive weekend. Though now the landlord says she wants to do viewings, so we'll have to tidy up a lot in the next couple of days.
  • Wow, that has all moved quickly littlebobo! We're also having the house we want surveyed & valued today. We were told the we'd hear about the valuation today and the house survey will follow. Fingers crossed as it's been a month to get to this point.

However, we've got our SDLT form signed, fixtures & fittings form received so once the valuation/mortgage confirmation is done the searches will start and it's all systems go.
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Helppp:undecided

my solicitor just emailed to tell me my amended mortgage offer (aside from STILL having the wrong price on it:mad:) says the house is being sold at undervalue.

I think this is because the valuation survey agreed with the £229,950 price at valuation but we got it down to £225,000.

Will this have any knock on effect with anything? it sounds worrying.
  • liquoricet wrote: »
    Wow, that has all moved quickly littlebobo! We're also having the house we want surveyed & valued today. We were told the we'd hear about the valuation today and the house survey will follow. Fingers crossed as it's been a month to get to this point.

However, we've got our SDLT form signed, fixtures & fittings form received so once the valuation/mortgage confirmation is done the searches will start and it's all systems go.

I know trying to move quickly as our buyer has said we need to move fast ..causing me much stress especially as i'm stressing about electrical certs being missing that i was certain we had ..GAH stress !

Good luck everyone, it's so exciting but so stressful at the same time isn't it :j
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    So we didn't exchange today, we're still waiting for the international bank transfer to clear so it'll happen tomorrow.

Or will it? Top of the chain don't think so. They issued their 3rd ultimatum of "if it doesn't happen by X AM/PM we are pulling out"

Utterly pointless, the sols cannot exchange and no one is to blame or can do anything. No one believes you if you don't follow through on your first threat.

Yesterday I was singing "will we exchange tomorrow?" To the tune of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.

Tonight I'm singing It Ain't Over Til It's Over.

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RXT156
    RXT156 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Aagghhh so sorry to hear that JoJo!! Awful! Fingers crossed for some good news for you very soon.

I am still awaiting a response from seller about the ridiculousness that was stated on fixtures and fittings form. How long does this take in everyone see experiences?! Pulling my hair out here!! Wahhh
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback