PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th July 2017

Comments

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Afraid I'm off-liste today, as the bathroom is full of wet washing (on A-frames over the bath). The whole room did get a very thorough steam-clean the other day though, so a S&S will have to suffice today.

Had to take a package to the Paste Orifice this morning, so I went on the mobility buggy and took Cassie with me - two birds with one stone, and it gave her a different route for her walk.

I also kicked Mr LW off the pc and used it to do my online surveys - what a difference! So much faster than my 10-year-old netbook! Bless him, he went and cleaned the tops of the kitchen cupboards, without being asked. :A

Mr LW has been nagged into getting a GP appointment - I don't know if anyone recalls, but some time back he went about his persistent cough, and was x-rayed but nothing sinister showed up; well the cough is still there, if anything it's worse - mainly in the evenings and at night, bad enough that we can't hold a conversation without him going into paroxysms of coughing; and surely something has to be causing it. *Insert extremely worried Emoticon* Anyways, he phoned the surgery this morning and was offered an appointment this afternoon - amazing! I've never heard of the Doctor he's seeing - I assume it's yet another new GP (they have them in for a year or so at the start of their careers at our practise) but as long as they're competent, that's fine, he's not fussy who he sees (unlike me). Posi-vibes would be appreciated, pretty please.

FBO while we're on about health, should I send healing vibes for Mr FBO's paw?

Froddy Xmas will be here sooner than you think - hang on in there, mate.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In the past 2 days I have
    - cleaned the house from top to bottom (not a super-deep clean, but it's clean and tidy)
    - decluttered 2.5 lb at SW (I had to work really hard for that this week)
    - made up DGS3's bed and the cot without the drop side for DGS4, who has just moved to a bed - but this arrangement gives me more room to walk between them than if I had set up the trundle bed for him, and it will stop him falling out on one side
    - remembered to unplug the shredder, digital piano and CD/radio
    - moved all bathroom and kitchen chemicals to places of safety
    - bought and set up terracotta feet for my pots on the decking
    - had my final supervision re my placement - just the written feedback and assignments to complete now :)

Still to do:
    - steam clean the kitchen floor
    - go food shopping
    - prepare an evening meal for 7 of us
    - move this PC out of the way of inquisitive little fingers
    - grab a rest before the hordes descend!

It's pouring with rain here (at last) so the one thing I haven't got to do is water the garden :D

I may not be on liste much this week but will try to keep up with the thread.

(((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, and posivibes for MrLW
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good afternoon everyone, home from paid thing 1, and need to start multi tasking on home based paid thing 2 only I really want to get on with the kitchen list. And the Bathroom list :cool:

Tipping down with rain and its quite chilly.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Afternoon All :)

I have steam cleaned my hallway floor, deep-cleaned the downstairs toilet and put the laundry away. School run done, and I have already put my PJs on:D DD is practising her writing and DS is [STRIKE]destroying his bedroom [/STRIKE] playing nicely upstairs ;)

Need to book a grocery delivery for Thursday, then get dinner on. Still grey and raining here, but it's quite nice to cosy up on the sofa :)

Have lovely evenings all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ooops! MAD half hour turned into Two and a half hours.....:o:o But a good point was reached (and there are still many hours left on this frog of a job, so I don't mind doing it in stints)

Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room

Level 2
    Empty bin

Level 3
    Clean hob and extractor hood
    Vacuum and mop floor

Tuesday Twinkles Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms
    Claokroom fully DONE top to bottom but my bathroom not done today

Level 1
    Open window - permanently open at this time of year :D
    Empty waste bins
    Wipe shower screen or wash shower curtain
    Clean shower tray
    Clean taps, pipes and shower head
    Wipe tiles down

Level 2
    Clean windows
    Polish any mirrors
    Scrub toilet
    Wipe down outside of toilet

Level 3
    Clean door handles
    Scrub basins
    Polish taps
    Polish towel rail
    vacuum/mop floor

Extras
    S&S kitchen - keep it tidy - DONE
    Wash towels in a hot wash
    Put out fresh fluffy towels
    MAD half hour - spend ONLY half an hour on a huge task - throw yourself in it then stop after 30 minutes. You can come back to it another day - Ooops as above....
    Don't forget yourself - do something for YOU even if it's only a quiet time with a book! - plan on reading some of my new book later :)

Have also made a HUUUUUGE stock pot of laundry gloop (hence why hob hasn't been cleaned - it's still cooling on there and I'm likely to spill some when I bottle it, so that can go on hob if I do spill any - and then be used to clean it! :p:p) , WM x1 (drying on heated airer as it's been drizzly most of the day (not enough to get the pots watered, though :()) and some online banking and company paperwork too. Oooh - and tried to sort out some online investments for the 4 kids - but only managed it for 2.

Did manage to clear lots of unwanted paperwork out at the same time. DD is clearing out lots of her stuff from her room too (to make room for a double bed) so the recycling box is very full :D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • hex2
    Right, HH of tedious paid done - anyone joining me for a HHC on the bathroom?
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • hex2
    Tuesday Twinkles Bathrooms, Shower Rooms and Cloakrooms

Level 1
    Level 2
    Clean windows
    Polish any mirrors
    Level 3

There, that's not bad going. Back to the paid thing I go...:p
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    hex2 wrote: »

I joined in, just forgot to post to say I was doing so :p Bathroom is now sparkly, thanks for the encouragement x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    hex2 wrote: »

I did and everything is sparkling and fresh. Even got the hoover pole up to the ceiling and rid the room of some pesky spiders.

Making dinner now...sausages, mash, onion gravy and veggies. Strawberries and cream for pud :D
  • hex2
    Thanks - amazing just what you can get done if you whizz round
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure