Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    muppets wrote: »
    I have been a long time lurker and had to delurk to comment re the Belgium discussion. I am a Brit who has been living in Belgium for the last 6 years. I live about an hour and a half from Brussels, where we are seems to a whole different place, while Brussels is on the highest alert of 4 the rest of us are on a 3. It seems that the biggest part of Belgium that has been affected was Brussels due to it being the largest city with the biggest airport and population. I didn't hear anything on the news about zeebrugge but I can imagine why they missed the port. The other parts of Belgium seem to be carrying on as normal, the city I live in the train services are still running as normal and no places or services have been closed. To me it feels like it is happening to another place altogether.

I think the cruise company was being cautious, probably over cautious. This was only a 4 day cruise, so Bruges was a going to be a highlight for most people - if I'd been sailing on that ship I'd have been most disappointed.
    You are a veritable inspiration for it KC! :D LOve it that you watched Harry Potter yesterday :D I love those films :D Might dig them out to watch myself over the Christmas break :D Lovely late afternoon thing to do.

We've not had many birds in the garden for months! I know it's been the summer, and we have an extremely small garden, but we usually have quite a lot. Got bird food back out on the bird table outside the kitchen window but aside from one dunnock and a squirrel, it's been empty. Most odd.

Have a jolly day! :)

Oddly, our garden birds have disappeared too. They were eating us out of house and home until a month ago, then they just went. Very strange
    Karmacat wrote: »
    But that's rather nice Cheery, I like that!

Finding it tough going this morning, I could really do with a Belgian breakfast right about now, but as I confessed to someone earlier in the week, I literally can't keep chocolate in the house, it just *goes*. Actually, I have cocoa. No, that won't do, I need something fancier in silver foil. Tunnocks teacakes from the local express shop, that'll do it :)

Ooh, a Tunnocks teacake would hit the spot. Even the name Tunnocks sounds satisfying and substantial. Enjoy!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Teacake fever :j:j:j

I had to buy Rocky Road caramel, they'd sold out of Tunnocks :eek: I think the dancing teacakes were at the European Championships held in Glasgow? El has gone awol, she'd know.

Skyped Canadian coffee :p

I'm not using my voice today for anyone or anything :D spoke to my mum yesterday so she won't call either :D

Thorntons! omg, when we were teenagers, Thorntons was the height of sophistication, we'd never eaten anything like them before. Lush, we'd say now :p except we wouldn't, because we know of 85% choccie, and chili chocolate and all the rest of it :rotfl:

Bit concerned to hear others' garden birds have gone, specially as Goldie is on the same latitude as me :( And yes on the cruise, if it meant they didn't get to see Bruges, that's extremely disappointing, poor things.

I've been, um, looking at Kaliko dresses for my younger nephew's wedding. This one has the same detail as Phase Eight dresses that I love: http://www.kaliko.co.uk/kaliko/cornelli-lace-detail-prom/06003776503160012.html
    and this one from JL has beautiful detailing in the gathers.
    http://www.johnlewis.com/jolie-moi-floral-retro-dress/p2247217?colour=Aqua#media-overlay_show

I may have to buy them both and return one ....

More tea coming up :coffee:

Thanks for posting, everyone, its very happy-making :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    They are both lovely dresses - in fact they are the sort of style I like to wear in the evenings on cruises. I like Phase Eight as well - I sometimes buy second hand Phase Eight on eBay, as they can be pricy.

Viennese Truffle is my favourite Thornton's
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    Teacake fever :j:j:j

I had to buy Rocky Road caramel, they'd sold out of Tunnocks :eek: I think the dancing teacakes were at the European Championships held in Glasgow? El has gone awol, she'd know.

Thanks for posting, everyone, its very happy-making :kisses3:
    I'm really happy that we're cheering you up, KC

Yes, of course, it was a major Scottish event rather than the Olympics. They're a Scottish-made confection aren't they? Haven't got a pack in the house to check, OH wolfed the last lot:(. Thanks for that, I would have been wracking my poor old brain otherwise:T
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you both! Yep, I'm good, CBC :) I'm writing a blog post right now, though I may have to retrieve my credit card in a minute and buy those dresses :) I think Tunnocks *are* Scottish, yes, and they're justifiably proud of them :)

In other news .... I've cleaned part of the kitchen floor ... I may faint from shock :p I'll eat some more chocolate, that'll put a stop to that behaviour.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Tunnocks are indeed Scottish :j :j

Love both the frocks :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Ooh, they're ever so pretty those dresses! :j :j

QUITE distressed at the lack of Tunnocks Teacakes though :eek: However did you cope?! :rotfl: Gosh, I could SO much demolish a teacake or two right now :D Having to settle for a satsuma which, while tasty, is not really the same...
  • Karmacat wrote: »

In other news .... I've cleaned part of the kitchen floor ... I may faint from shock :p I'll eat some more chocolate, that'll put a stop to that behaviour.

KC what on earth are you up to? Shocked and appalled by such activity :naughty: . Hope the chocolate did the trick :rotfl::rotfl:

This smiley felt fitting ... sorry it's entirely the wrong time of year! :EasterBun
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • I remember a few threads I used to read where the confectionery of choice was the Jaffa Cake. Good or bad news was always an excuse for being offered one(or several):rotfl:
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Just popped in to say:
    1. Tunnocks ( :EasterBun) were in the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games. One of those 'has someone slipped something in my tea' moments :rotfl:.
    2. Buy both dresses. And assuming the fit, keep both. You're worth it :T. Love Kaliko :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure