Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just completed my switch to Avro.

So far all has gone well and they requested my opening readings.

What I did like was that once my switch was initiated, I was able to log in online to see how the switch was going as it has a timeline of events that the switch process goes through.

Seamless and smooth - very happy so far.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Just completed my switch to Avro.

So far all has gone well and they requested my opening readings.

What I did like was that once my switch was initiated, I was able to log in online to see how the switch was going as it has a timeline of events that the switch process goes through.

Seamless and smooth - very happy so far.
    I would suggest that you send Avro a snapshot(s) of your opening/closing meter readings. This may help head off any problems from the validation company rejecting them.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    I would suggest that you send Avro a snapshot(s) of your opening/closing meter readings. This may help head off any problems from the validation company rejecting them.

They are welcome to have them - I take weekly pics of my meters and submit readings.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• kendizle
    kendizle Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Avoid like the plague. Input details and they refused to believe my gas usage figures were so low, yet happily accepted my higher than average electricity usage figures. Gave me 2 weeks to provide a final bill as proof, despite stating themselves that it takes 6-8 weeks to get your final bill. Wanted me to go on a higher than advertised tariff, to which I obviously refused. They cancelled my switch.

On a positive note I have now switched to Outfox The Market, who dont apply a standing charge, so I'm now saving an extra £100!!!
  • Consumerist
    Options
    kendizle wrote: »
    . . . On a positive note I have now switched to Outfox The Market, who dont apply a standing charge, so I'm now saving an extra £100!!!
    Although there is no standing charge, as such, they do charge a "membership fee" which varies according to your usage. Since you can't be too sure of what next year's usage might be, it seemed a bit risky to me. I'll need to think that one through before going with them.
  • sccmillhouse
    Options
    I've just switched plans from Simple and Value to the MSE flagged Simple and Premium. So I had to wait 15 mins (27 in queue) to get through but no hardship - call waiting system is clear and accurate. Switch took two mins on the phone. Compared to IRESA who I also had the misfortune to try a couple of years ago this company is doing a decent job on customer service. So they're very busy - I wonder why. I remain a happy customer along with 93% of voters on MSE Cheap Energy Club so either you're timing your calls wrong or have got massively high expectations of a small energy biller. As for smart meters, I have one but it's no problem looking at the reader box once a month and emailing in. Some peoples expectations are unbelievable. Who do they think will pay for enough CS agents to reduce the waiting time?
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Although there is no standing charge, as such, they do charge a "membership fee" which varies according to your usage. Since you can't be too sure of what next year's usage might be, it seemed a bit risky to me. I'll need to think that one through before going with them.

I agree, the membership fee is just a replacement for a standing charge. This wouldn't work for me as I'm a high user so the membership fee worked out at £13.99 a month :eek:

• Consumerist
    Options
    . . . Who do they think will pay for enough CS agents to reduce the waiting time?
    Hi sccmillhouse and welcome to the forum.

Good point.

I've recently signed up with Avro and I don't expect more than a no-frills service when I'm paying no-frills prices for my energy.

I compare it to the likes of 1899.com for telephone services. It's CS is very basic but efficient for the most part and calls are very cheap compared to BT.
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Lifes_Grand_Plan Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Surprised to see all the positive feedback on here. Just switched to Avro and got the "supply now live" type e-mail asking me for meter readings. Followed the link and got "Sorry an Error Occurred.
    Sorry, something has gone wrong. Our team has been notified and will try to correct the problem. Please try again later."

Have tried contacting them by phone, Facebook and Twitter and getting no response on any options. Have now e-mailed them but not holding my breath.

You only need to look on their Twitter / Facebook to see their last response (Twitter is March) or the constant "Our phone lines are closed today for training messages" which are numerous. Going to switch straight back out.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • Consumerist
    edited 17 May 2018 at 3:05PM
    Options
    . . . You only need to look on their Twitter / Facebook to see their last response (Twitter is March) or the constant "Our phone lines are closed today for training messages" which are numerous. Going to switch straight back out.
    Yes, it looks as though well soon be getting the standard "victims of our own success" excuses just before the company collapses completely.

Watch this space. :rotfl:

Edit
    Dunno why I'm laughing - I've just joined them. :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback