Accident Last Night - Not at fault

Comments

• Chalk07
    Chalk07 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »
    OP, you said "I exited the roundabout and someone cut me up and came into the lane I was in" and now "I was in the right-hand lane to turn right and he was in the to the left of me".

So, to exit, you must have crossed the LH lane. Where was the other car when this took place?

The road I was coming from has 3 lanes, the road I was heading too off the roundabout had 2 lanes:
    Lane 3 - to turn left and straight on
    Lane 2 - to turn right
    Lane 1 - to turn right (third exit) and fourth exit

(the above are the rules of this roundabout as confirmed by police when discussing after the incident happened.)

I was in lane 1, third party in lane 2, both heading for exit 3 (right) he should have exited into the left hand lane of exit 3, but he didn't he cut me up and exited into the right hand lane instead, which is where I swerved and hit curb & lamppost
  • Chalk07
    neilmcl wrote: »
    If you give us the location via Google maps it might help make a bit more sense as to where you were in relation to the other car etc.

@53.4092626,-2.9828477,18z

Coming from A59 Byron St, heading too Queensway Tunnel :)
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Chalk07 wrote: »
    @53.4092626,-2.9828477,18z

Coming from A59 Byron St, heading too Queensway Tunnel :)
    Is this it?

https://goo.gl/maps/3Mc2ThkxQpG2
  • Chalk07
    neilmcl wrote: »

That's the one! Now I know it wasn't a lamppost it was a signpost :embarasse
  • mollycoddle
    mollycoddle Posts: 40 Forumite
    @ the end of the day your fault or the other persons when your insurance come up for renewal your premium is going to go way up because all insurance company's want you to pay them for doing :cool: nothing .:cool:
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    spadoosh wrote: »
    You dont know what speed they where going but know they where going too fast.

Dont know what roads they where on but suggest they might not have used them appropriately.

And under some impression that a car cant be written off at low speeds. Got some news for you. My car was written of hitting someone at 4mph (they did a u-turn from the left lane of two right turning lanes, i know right!) and to add on to that theres at least 4 roundabouts locally to me that are your 'very very rare' roundabouts where there is two right turning lanes. I think they all act as overtaking areas in an otherwise long stretch of single carriageway.

But the result kind of backs that assumption.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The road I was coming from has 3 lanes, the road I was heading too off the roundabout had 2 lanes:
    Lane 3 - to turn left and straight on
    Lane 2 - to turn right
    Lane 1 - to turn right (third exit) and fourth exit

(the above are the rules of this roundabout as confirmed by police when discussing after the incident happened.)

I was in lane 1, third party in lane 2, both heading for exit 3 (right) he should have exited into the left hand lane of exit 3, but he didn't he cut me up and exited into the right hand lane instead, which is where I swerved and hit curb & lamppost

Surely you turn right from lane 3?
  • Chalk07
    But the result kind of backs that assumption.

How exactly?
  • Chalk07
    Surely you turn right from lane 3?

It was the far left lane, so no... you do not.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It was the far left lane, so no... you do not.

You turn right from the far left lane?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport