Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    cjj wrote: »
    Good idea as then you could still go off to dd at drop of a hat. I did similar at a local hospice & within a week they offered me a paid job but at that time I did not feel ready to make that commitment xx

Yes I did think about that too, I know how the hospice works with mum being there for so long. But not sure if would stir up memories for me. Although there is the day hospice where she went once a week, I only actually went with her there the once so wouldn't be same memories. It is something I should consider. Thanks x
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Ha ha, glad you got yourself something nice :)

Thank you TM ;) having to wait up to check my last receipts and we have a flight at 9 am tomorrow, guess I can nap on the plane. Will be so much easier if it's the same as last year when the clocks go back and we only have to wait 2 hours to check receipts.

Just remembered, collected my DP order today and there were some cellophane samples of Comfort Intense sachets on the counter, I spied some mocs peeping through :rotfl: I asked if I could have one, sa said yes of course, take as many as you like I have boxes of them out the back and I'm trying to get rid of them :T. I took a large handful :eek: They contained £1 off Comfort Intense 64 wash and £1 off Fragrance Burst. My order also contained a sachet and mocs too ;). Moc scanned on different product but didn't realise it was the wrong product until I checked the moc properly afterwards :o

Hey have a great holiday hampy......it must be late my brain isn't in gear but what's your DP order?

Arthien....sorry to hear about your situation:A keep getting that walk on an evening. It might keep you sane.

Dave,...thanks for trying the wine. I might give it a miss:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    If you do not need the income, then it is a choice whether you work not a necessity.

Take your time and make your choices wisely. x

(you could always become a madam!!)

Night x

That's the trouble I have been taking my time and far too much of it. :rotfl:

Night SSM, appreciate your replies, you are wise you know. ;)
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    TS I have just requested a National Insurance statement to see how much it will cost me to buy additional years. If you haven't already done so I would suggest that you request a New State Pension statement first to see exactly how many qualifying years you do have and how much your pension entitlement is likely to be. I am 6 years short of qualifying for the full state pension amount which isn't bad considering I haven't worked for 25years :eek:
  • Tinyshoes
    davemorton wrote: »
    Update on the wine TM.
    It isnt the best. It is okay for £3.15 a bottle, but I would not pay much more than that.

Is that the one you posted the pic of yesterday, have had that here before not sure if from a mystery box, from memory think Mr TS said it was ok, but he certainly didn't rave about it.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Is that the one you posted the pic of yesterday, have had that here before not sure if from a mystery box, from memory think Mr TS said it was ok, but he certainly didn't rave about it.

DM bought it in T yesterday :)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    TS I have just requested a National Insurance statement to see how much it will cost me to buy additional years. If you haven't already done so I would suggest that you request a New State Pension statement first to see exactly how many qualifying years you do have and how much your pension entitlement is likely to be. I am 6 years short of qualifying for the full state pension amount which isn't bad considering I haven't worked for 25years :eek:

The last time I actually paid any NI is 25 years ago. :eek:

I worked a couple of part time jobs playschool/toddler group when the girls were young which were not enough for any contributions but I was getting HRP as I was getting child benefit then.

I will get onto it and find out my details tomorrow, probably all covered in dust and cobwebs now. :rotfl:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Nellie35 wrote: »
    DM if I remember correctly you were after tickets for the IDH show in Manchester. MSE has free tickets for the Cake & Bake Show in Manchester which also give access to the IDH show. Don't know if its of any use to you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-tix?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=11-Oct-16-16778004&utm_campaign=nt-oneliners-two&utm_content=7

Thank you so much, but unfortunately, No tickets for Saturday, and the Sunday ones are gone. I cant go during the week. Worth a try though, thank you :beer:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »

Yes, I thought I would try it as for £3.15, it cant be that bad ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Tinyshoes
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    DM bought it in T yesterday :)

Then that is the one, certainly not worth rushing out for. Anyway the 25% off has finished now so it would cost you £4.20 a bottle. :eek:

It's going to be difficult to keep below the £3 benchmark now that Ts have fixed how their wines compare. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure