Missguided - EDITED live chat transcript emailed to me after poor customer service!

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ...I will now refrain from responding unless I receive the response I was looking for.

Ah... I get it now.

People, please stop telling the OP things she doesn't want to hear. ;)
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Things do easily get out of hand on these forums, with the help of myself admittedly. I'll await a response from someone who has actually made a complaint that yielded results. That is all I want. Whilst you're all entitled to your opinions, I came here only for a solution and not to explain myself to peope who don't know me in the slightest. Thanks for all your input so far but I will now refrain from responding unless I receive the response I was looking for.
    Have a good day all.

What exactly do you want? Compo?

Follow the complaints procedure that I posted previously and move on.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    but I will now refrain from responding unless I receive the response I was looking for.

Something that happens quite a lot on here but the first time I've ever seen an OP actually admit it!
  • DeathMuffin
    Options
    Does your transcript have timestamps?

Is it possible that the agent sent the closing remark before receiving your last message? The timings for live chat can be slightly different from each side: perhaps the "end chat and send transcript" button was pressed just before they got your message? Obviously it's still not great but it might not be deliberate.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Bloody hell I'm just a bystander in this but even I feel the need to put my tin hat on.

I had a customer rant at me a few weeks ago and I really wanted to tell her that if she shut up for 5 mins and let me tell her how I would try and resolve the situation that maybe more beneficial.

Unfortunately she hung up on me before I could do so
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe what you received wasn't an amended transcript of the chat but maybe, just maybe for some reason your final message to them to reach them, it can happen for any number of reasons if the chat session disconnected for a few seconds, you would see it your end but they wouldn't. Much like when you send a text and it doesn't arrive straight away, it could be your signal, the recipients signal or just one of those things.

As for being allowed to disconnect, yes they are allowed to, some customers go around in circles for what would be hours, the answer won't change they just don't seem to get it. It would be expected in that sort of situation for a chat session or phone call to be ended. As for face to face people not being able to do that, yes they can. I have had to in the past just walk away when after almost 45 minutes of explaining the same thing over and over the customer just wouldn't accept what they were told, there were customers building up behind them waiting to be served so eventually I just said I'm sorry I'm not go into deal with you anymore and walked away and went to serve another customer. I've even had managers walk out of the building to get away from customers who just will not accept what they are told and it has already been passed as high as it can be. It gets to a point where no matter how rude it seems the farce has to be ended somehow and walking away would be the better option than basically telling someone what you really think of them at that moment.

When your chat was ended it was for one of two reasons, either the last message you sent them hadn't got through and they thought you had gone offline or MIA so ended it or you were being a nightmare customer and they just needed to get rid of you.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As the perfect customer service agent, how would you have dealt with a customer who acted as you did?
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't think we're going to see the OP again.

Really would have loved to have seen the screenshots of the conversation.
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Op all I'm going to say is your complaining skills are very poor. It doesn't matter what degree of compliant you're dealing with but if you can't complain in an effective way then you won't get very far.

Your method of complaining is defensive from the offset and will get peoples back up and will always result in people not taking it seriously or seeing that it was the customer's attitude at fault and not the member of staff who dealt with it initially. Seriously, the people you're speaking to will have read things like this 100 times before and will easily be able to see through the crocodile tears.

If you want a complaint to be taken seriously you need to stick to facts and not emotional blackmail about you staying as a customer as I can tell you now that will get you nowhere!
  • TSx
    TSx Posts: 851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    Maybe what you received wasn't an amended transcript of the chat but maybe, just maybe for some reason your final message to them to reach them, it can happen for any number of reasons if the chat session disconnected for a few seconds, you would see it your end but they wouldn't. Much like when you send a text and it doesn't arrive straight away, it could be your signal, the recipients signal or just one of those things.

I'm inclined to agree - they use a third party provider for their chat functionality (numero) and whilst instantly emailing the chat transcript is common functionality in these products, I have never found one where the transcript is held back so it can be edited, before it is emailed to the customer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure