Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gwop
    • By Gwop 23rd May 19, 1:01 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gwop
    When will my PiP payments be backdated from?
    • 23rd May 19, 1:01 AM
    When will my PiP payments be backdated from? 23rd May 19 at 1:01 AM
    Hi, so I was receiving DLA back in 2015, but when capita took over they unjustifiably closed my claim. 4 years later Iíve applied for PiP with the help of a benefit advisor who told me I should be able to get my payments backdated to the time my original claim of DLA was cancelled. Has anybody heard of this happening in the past? Is it actually possible?
    Thanks, Brad.
Page 1
    • _shel
    • By _shel 23rd May 19, 3:22 AM
    • 1,988 Posts
    • 3,664 Thanks
    _shel
    • 23rd May 19, 3:22 AM
    • 23rd May 19, 3:22 AM
    Hi, so I was receiving DLA back in 2015, but when capita took over they unjustifiably closed my claim. 4 years later Iíve applied for PiP with the help of a benefit advisor who told me I should be able to get my payments backdated to the time my original claim of DLA was cancelled. Has anybody heard of this happening in the past? Is it actually possible?
    Thanks, Brad.
    Originally posted by Gwop
    Not possible, you have a terrible advisor.

You should have appealed the decision at the time, if you didn't that window is closed. Any PIP payments will be from the date you make the phone call to apply.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 23rd May 19, 5:42 AM
    • 5,220 Posts
    • 4,812 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 23rd May 19, 5:42 AM
    • 23rd May 19, 5:42 AM
    I hope that adviser did a better job of filling out the PIP form than they did about advising you for the backdated money for DLA.

Did you send evidence for your PIP claim with the form?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,170Posts Today

8,115Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• RT @justinbones: Just looking at how the bad weather may be impacting business and the economy. Thankfully someone has already looked at th?

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @EmmaBarnett from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin