Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 20th May 19, 8:21 AM
    • 7,396Posts
    • 44,269Thanks
    determined new ms
    What small DFW things will you do w/c 20th May?
    • 20th May 19, 8:21 AM
    What small DFW things will you do w/c 20th May? 20th May 19 at 8:21 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 £3016.55/Roadkill £8.73
    Wombling 2018 £145.73/RK £0.04
Page 3
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 22nd May 19, 9:23 AM
    • 937 Posts
    • 7,870 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    CCL one of my bestie's went thru the same thing with his ex wife. It becomes a nasty business and his ex wife would just put barriers up at every opportunity. The good news is it did and for u it will get sorted eventually but really thinking of u and what u are going thru. Sending a big hug
    DNMShope everything goes smoothly today
    purps a holiday, sounds great. DD and I have decided that we are definitely doing something next year, just need to fit round hospital stuff but I've started to save.determined we will do something
    DawnW here'so hoping that u get a date for surgery soon. I think I was just lucky because of the health board messing me about for 8 months ( still chasing answers with this as it looks like it will go legal just to keep my funding )
    trailing sounds a nightmare with the c.card. good they were fast acting

Been good today-remembered to check quidco! Banking checked and all good.
    DD back home today. I suggested food for tonight and what she fancied I have fully in the freezer. Meal pulled out.
    Expecting some interesting concoctions when DD home and cooking
    Need to go out and post some parcels for charity. Feel good its helping the charity but it's also helping me declutter. Some beanie babies decluttered to the charity tombola and hopefully will free up a storage container instead of buying one I want for some of DDs uni smellies to store away until autumn
    Washing to be put out on the line.
    Want to give a hoover round and DD room aswell
    Another birthday present out yesterday which I had in my stocks (picked up cheaply)

I know it's very early but have started wrapping some Christmas presents. Even if the surgery goes okay I won't be able to bend for a quite a few months so wrapping the ones that I always send out so even if DD isn't home I will still be able to send and then wait for DD with the rest. Unfortunately lots of forward planning going into place at the minute.
    Using Amaz@n still for the cat sachets as they are working out alot cheaper.

Right off to sort the dishwasher out.
    Have a good day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 22nd May 19, 9:46 AM
    • 749 Posts
    • 11,744 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Morning all,

Thanks PF, I've only been using the app intermittently, I'd stopped taking my mobile into the bedroom on a night but it did help with sleep so I'll give that a go again tonight, thanks for making me think! and holiday booking is always something to smile about
    Dnms, hope your first day back goes quickly
    Clf, I think I need to follow your lead and go and done some stretching as I feel like I'm stiffening up after this mornings gym class. Do you do ones from youtube?
    Ccl, sorry to hear that things didn't get sorted yesterday, I can't imagine just how frustrating and stressful it must be for you.
    Trialing, what a palaver! Wishing you a relaxing day today!
    Ditty, its so annoying when you lose a post, I seem to go ages without a problem then seem to lose several in a week.
    Brednall, good to see you back on the wagon
    Ziggy, glad your dh is feeling better then he was.
    HK I bet it'll be nice having your dd home with you
    & to all.

Todays list is a bit of a boring one but keeps me organised
    ys bread for ds1s breakfast with eggs as usual!
    ds2 to free school breakfast club
    gym session done and refilled water bottle there, I'm glad I made the effort as I knew my gym buddy was away and going on my own sets my anxiety off but I worked through it and survived! (albeit a little sore now!)
    popped into m&S foodhall, as dh loves their perc coffee, no effect on the bank balance as we have a gift card from them for setting up our current accounts with them a while ago.
    cook two chickens at once in the oven, will also prep salad for tonight to go with it
    run the washing machine on quick 30 degree wash if there is a full load (I asked the kids to tidy their bedrooms so it could be overflowing now!) not as bad as it could have been! one load on the xpress wash setting 30degree and only 20mins so will see what thats like
    run the dishwasher on the quick wash
    check banking/update spreadsheet end of month lull, but waiting on dh's expenses to be paid, hopefully tomorrow
    make familes lunches for tomorrow
    take energy readings and submit
    order a new computer monitor from john lewis, will go through dh's work cashback site
    water the pots in the garden tonight
    listen to my headspace app - thanks PF
    did a yougov survey, I've not bothered with these for a while but I'm 3/5 of the way to a payout so must get back to it!
    following on from ^^ checked onepoll and had 3 surveys to do on there and am at £19.20/£25 so must remember to do those too.
    also get back into swag$s as its another I'd fallen out of doing, not far off a £3 amzn voucher which is better then nothing
    washing out on the line, looks like the even shorter wash did ok, its warm but cloudy so should get dried
    checked isay surveys too.... 85/490 points

Thats enough to be getting on with, take care all.

Last edited by 1LuckyLady; 22-05-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • brednall
    • By brednall 22nd May 19, 10:28 AM
    • 547 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    brednall
    Morning all.

A bit grey and overcast here in Derbyshire today.

Today's list:
    * sold some more fabric on a selling site, received payment and will transfer to CC DONE
    * going to sort out hair appointment at lunch DONE
    * call at Mr T's later for a couple of bits to restock
    * charge phone at work DONE
    * really need to hoover later
    * drink lots of free water at work DONE
    * meals and packed lunches from stores. Hubby at a conference today so he gets his lunch provided DONE
    * find some free craft patterns to download to try before committing to buying some
    * considering putting a bet on the championship play offs on monday but I have no idea how

Sure there's more but that's all for now

Emma
    Last edited by brednall; 22-05-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Baby daughter born 27/01/10 - Jessica Evie 8lbs 3ozs

Baby son born 26/06/11 - Daniel Alan 7lbs 2ozs
    • little pink purse
    • By little pink purse 22nd May 19, 11:20 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 4,366 Thanks
    little pink purse
    Afternoon Every one

good luck on going back to work DNMS

Big congratulations La E

Todays To Do

check banking
    sweep and mop the floors
    meals from stores
    back to work
    have a nsd

talk soon have a great day xx
    NSD /10 august
    August food fuel spends £550

debt total £71k
    • ditty1234
    • By ditty1234 22nd May 19, 12:43 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 1,997 Thanks
    ditty1234
    Note to self: go to Sainsbury and spend a £1 3 times and get 450 points.
    Nsd day, probs not tomorrow though.
    Did timed 5 k at running club - and happy w result, will try youtube workouts mentioned here.
    Nighty night
    Last edited by ditty1234; 22-05-2019 at 9:17 PM.
    LBM Jan 2019 -£25.928/-£24.510 5% paid off
    EF £0 March 2019 /EF £700 in August 2019/EF £150 October 2019
    • carrielovesfanta
    • By carrielovesfanta 22nd May 19, 2:49 PM
    • 2,206 Posts
    • 17,564 Thanks
    carrielovesfanta
    Clf, I think I need to follow your lead and go and done some stretching as I feel like I'm stiffening up after this mornings gym class. Do you do ones from youtube?
    Originally posted by 1LuckyLady
    Hi 1LL - yep I like the fitness blender ones on youtube. If you just search "fitness blender stretching" all kinds of them come up.

I especially like the 35 min one where she's wearing jazzy blue leggings and a black top. It's a good full body flow.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019

SAVINGS: £8500
    Car final lump sum: £1150/£6113
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 22nd May 19, 3:16 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 11,744 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Hi 1LL - yep I like the fitness blender ones on youtube. If you just search "fitness blender stretching" all kinds of them come up.

I especially like the 35 min one where she's wearing jazzy blue leggings and a black top. It's a good full body flow.
    Originally posted by carrielovesfanta
    Thanks lovely! I'll have a look tomorrow
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 22nd May 19, 5:02 PM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 46,215 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all
    Didn't get on here to update yesterday as I had a late (for me) cooking session, made a huge mushroom quiche and a slightly smaller sweet peach quiche
    Not a particularly MSE day today:
    Dog to groomer for a haircut, he can see out now
    Shopping in Mr S - mainly things to take away for the weekend, plus some boring regulars such as chick peas. Used a £6 off voucher, and OH found some bargainous beer
    Updated spending diary
    Renewed camper van insurance

Called in to sales unit and tidied up - my unit is quite small, just a set of floor to ceiling shelves, not very wide, and the space in front of them, so if a large item sells, it leaves a big gap. And people do tend to move things around and just dump them anywhere, so it can get untidy (and unattractive, so people don't tend to stop and look) quite quickly. It literally pays to keep everything tidy and nicely arranged!

Made a batch of yummy fish cakes to use up some leftover potato and sweet potato mash. Also used the end of a pack of smoked salmon trimmings, parsley from the garden, some chopped capers, a small egg and some breadcrumbs
    Listed what we need to pack to take away We are going to a family thing, a small festival that DD1 and her husband do every year for family and friends, and will be there for 4 days. Hmm, festival loos and no EHU
    Very poorly neighbour's dog has gone missing, so better go and help with the search Found the little horror, she had just gone about a hundred yards down the road and invited herself into another neighbour's house OH and neighbour's daughter had set off on a marathon search, so then had to go and find them, to let them know we had got doggie back. Phew!
    Hope today went ok at work DNMS
    Boo to not having made much progress yesterday CCL - but you will have made some!
    Last edited by DawnW; 22-05-2019 at 5:30 PM.

• PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 22nd May 19, 6:40 PM
    • 2,929 Posts
    • 20,022 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy - impressed with the home work out. What do you do?

Bit of a nightmare yesterday.
    The day before, my credit card provider had rung me to tell me of suspicious activity on my account - I rang them back from a different phone, to confirm. Had I spent 78p and then £300+ in Vietnam at 3am? Well, no, actually, I hadn't. So - they've had to put a stop on my card and I'll be getting a new one in a couple of days.

In the meantime, the car that we're wanting to sell was booked in for its MOT, with strict instructions to the garage to just do what needs to be done to get it through. Total bill £375 (which was less than I expected, to be fair). Normally I would pay with my credit card, but...
    So, no worries thinks I, I'll stick it on the debit card for the joint account that OH and I still have, as we'll be splitting the bill anyway. But of course it's a debit card - won't work on amounts over £300. Never mind I think - there's a cashmachine just round the corner, I'll pay £300 on the card and then the other £75 in cash. Cash machine not working. So I ended up paying the £75 out of my sole account. And now I'm very confused about who owes what. Add in the fact that we used some re-conditioned parts and I need to take the old ones back to the suppliers for a refund, (so OH will be entitled to half of that too), and I think my head might explode. Still, once it's sold we'll divvy up the proceeds, so that'll be nice. And I get my garage back!!
    Today should be much more straightforward - doing a guided tour this morning, and a meeting this afternoon!!
    Originally posted by trailingspouse
    I just used an interval app on my phone and did different weighted exercises (weighted squat, bicep curl etc..) with some cheap home weight we bought last year.

I like j0e w1ckes stretching video on YouTube 1luckylady worth a look

Also yoga by adr1enne is great on you tube for stretching/core.
    • Emzmom88
    • By Emzmom88 22nd May 19, 6:46 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Emzmom88
    Evening all

Really must make sure i come on here daily....the past few days havent been very dfw yest i ordered dd some shoes and a dress for holidays £35 but both will last her all summer...the shoes hopefully until xmas i picked these up today along with some bits for oh £40 but tbf they were half price and he will give me the money back friday when he gets paid

Anyway this week i cannot spend anything more than i have to so tomorrow's plans:
    •payday for me so shopping have cancelled my online shop and going to l!dl with a list and i cannot but anything else we have a freezer full so this week i am planning on emptying it
    •work all day seriously not enjoying it atm
    • need petrol maybe an extra £10 to normal as planning a free day out except for petrol on Saturday providing the weathers nice
    • need to look for a cheap window wiper as rearrange mot as didnt have time to get everything done that i needed too last week...this may go on to friday but we will see
    • dd is off tomorrow due to voting again... 15 school days shes done this term because of the school closing
    • beans on toast for tea...me and ih have decided to cut cost at least once a week this will be out tea

Spent £8.87 in mr T today but used £8 worth of clubcard vouchers so really 87p but had nothing and with dd off tomorrow couldnt wait any longer

Anyway this evening im going to have a bath and watch tv with oh i have been so tired this week i think i need to chill and have an early night
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 22nd May 19, 7:24 PM
    • 7,396 Posts
    • 44,269 Thanks
    determined new ms
    just checking in to see what everyone's been up to and this thread made me smile and brought me some joy. We are a lovely lot, aren't we?

Work was ok, no big deal at all and makes me wonder why it has been such a massive thing!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling 2017 £3016.55/Roadkill £8.73
    Wombling 2018 £145.73/RK £0.04
    • trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 23rd May 19, 6:05 AM
    • 3,783 Posts
    • 7,237 Thanks
    trailingspouse
    Thanks for the supportive words re the credit card. Hoping the new one will arrive today.
    Well done determined - keep up the good work.

It's been a bit of a spendy week - I had a takeaway last Friday, which was planned for - but then I went out for a walk earlier in the week and decided to stop at the cafe for a coffee in the sunshine, and ended up getting a tray bake as well. And yesterday three of us ended up buying ice creams (£2.50 for one scoop!!) after a meeting at work. It was absolutely idyllic, sitting on hay bales in the sunshine, watching the ducklings, chatting with friends and eating ice cream. But, £2.50!!!!

But first - I have a telephone interview at some point between 8:30 and 10:30 this morning (they know I'll be driving between 9:30 and 9:45, so hopefully won't ring then!). I start work (in my volunteering role) at 10:30 so this 2 hour period covers all my getting ready and going to work, my pre-work meeting, and getting changed into my costume!!! What could possibly go wrong!!! Nothing went wrong!! I got a second interview (face-to-face this time)!!

Then I've got a full day in the House, including a coach party on a guided tour (arriving at 10:30!!!), and we're slightly understaffed which brings its own challenges. Survived - one of my volunteers was able to stay longer than she thought she would, another turned up unexpectedly (this is the joy of working with volunteers!!) and a third who'd just come in for the guided tour said she could stay to cover lunchtime.

I'll be finishing around 4:30, then home, quick cuppa and off to walk to the polling station. Decided to vote first, cos I knew that once I'd sat down I wouldn't want to get up again!!

There's a free guided walk at my local park this evening, starting at 6pm, so I'm going to go and tag along. Again, it's within walking distance, so a nice cheap evening out!! It's my gym evening, so if there's time after the walk, I might make it to the 8pm session. If not, then I'll be going tomorrow.

Right. Best get on!
    Last edited by trailingspouse; 23-05-2019 at 4:07 PM.
    • Pip Boy 111
    • By Pip Boy 111 23rd May 19, 7:26 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Pip Boy 111
    Morning all

Still being very MIA on here lately due to the lovely weather and generally doing other things. Looks as though the weather may be on the turn now though. No matter. Work day anyway

Not much exciting happening, debt wise. Although I did forget that the home insurance was up for renewal until I got the renewal e mail. They wanted over £250 (from £123) . Needless to say I was straight on to the famous rodent comparison site and bagged a new deal for £120 with the same cover as previously . Bagged another year of meerkat rewards too (handy for the cinema with kids, especially during the summer hols).

Because I'd forgotten about it, I hadn't budgeted for it this month. Not a problem. I've used our 0% overdraft to pay for it and will repay next week when DW is paid. Slightly annoying to see the overdraft have a balance, but it's only for a week and costs is nothing. At least it's not piling debt upon debt with no plan to pay it all back like the old days

Other than that it's the usual small things - meals from stores, washing drying outside etc. NSD (hopefully) for the next 4 days as at work for 12 hours each day.

Hope all is well with everyone and that all those with trials and tribulations get sorted soon. Wishing everyone a great day. Enjoy the last of the sunshine
    Debts 14/6/2019 (LBM 5/3/2019)
    Overdraft: £900/£0 Barclaycard: £3755.55/£2859.42 Loan: £21620.29/£17997.19
    Total £26275.84 £20856.61 (REDUCED BY 20.62%)
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 23rd May 19, 7:37 AM
    • 5,789 Posts
    • 46,215 Thanks
    DawnW
    Morning all
    Up early, but not really done anything yet except for having breakfast
    Today will mainly be about packing up the camper van for our weekend away, but will also:
    All food from home, I made lots of things the other day, so only have accompaniments to prep

Give front garden pots etc a good water - I will do the back garden in the morning before we leave, and it will have to survive till we get back. It really is very dry here now
    Dental hygienist this afternoon (not MSE but necessary)
    Check banks and update speadsheet, very spendy this week
    Back later to update!

• foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 23rd May 19, 9:38 AM
    • 5,317 Posts
    • 31,959 Thanks
    foxgloves
    Morning Campers,
    Beautiful day here. Yesterday was spoiled by a really annoying headache which I had when I first woke at 5.10 a.m & didn't shift till the evening, after I decided to throw some codiene at it. Much more like myself this morning, so am hoping to achieve lots of stuff, much of it frugality-based.
    So far I have:
    *Washed my big fake fur throw so as to take advantage of free line-drying out in the sunshine (also needed to wait till cat was not stretched out on it, as he defo thinks possession is 9/10s of the law.
    *Tonight's dinner in slow cooker & looking promising.
    *Sandwich made ready for mr f, who is calling back for lunch on route to his afternoon work venue so we can nip out to vote.....might walk down for extra steps.
    *Topped up worm composter with a bowl of tasty kitchen scraps to keep that free compost & liquid plant food coming.
    *Greenhouse veggie plants watered & checked for pests.
    *Tomatoes & squash plants moved outside to continue hardening off.
    *Meal planning for next week.
    *Fed sourdough jar ready to make a loaf tomorrow.
    *Discussed our BH weekend activities - both happy with our plans, which shouldn't be spendy, esp as we will be making a picnic for Saturday.
    STILL TO DO:
    *Free fitness ensuring I do get a minimum of 7000 steps today - rubbish step count yesterday as felt like poo with the headache.
    *Loads of gardening jobs, many to do with our home grown food production. I won't list everything, but you can be sure that apart from popping in to eat my lunch & watch 'The Virtues' & going out to vote, I will be working outside in the garden.
    *Defrost 2 garlic flatbreads to eat with dinner,
    *Freeze 2 portions of tonight's slow cooker meal, as it serves four.
    *Update my DFW diary.
    OK, must crack on now. Wishing everyone a good day, & hope this sunshine is country-wide.
    F x
    Money can't jump out of your purse on its own so ask 'Can I borrow one, make one, grow one, bake one, re-purpose or recycle, acquire it for free?' Yes? Then put that purse away & keep your money because little savings
    Payment received from surveys: 2015 = £320 2016 = £210 2017 = £304 2018 = £418 2019 = £217
    • little pink purse
    • By little pink purse 23rd May 19, 10:01 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 4,366 Thanks
    little pink purse
    morning everyone

a little cold here today

my to Do List today

wash on and out x2
    check banking
    small shop
    cash in coins for holidays
    start looking out holiday clothes

have a great day xxxlppxxx
    NSD /10 august
    August food fuel spends £550

debt total £71k
    • brednall
    • By brednall 23rd May 19, 10:15 AM
    • 547 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    brednall
    Morning all from a sunny Derbyshire

A few things to do today:

* charge phone at work
    * kids lunches from stores. Hubby is at conference again so lunch provided and we have a buffet lunch where each colleague has brought something in to wave off our friend on her maternity leave
    * need to pop to Aldeee for more salad stuff for hubby. His diet is costing me money
    * normal weekly shop later but will try to stick to list but maybe a couple of bits towards our weekend away next week
    * returned Amazon parcel to post office and posted off fabric sold too. Already had e-mail about refund from amazon so a teeny bit more off CC balance
    * planted up sunflowers last night so now mini greenhouse is surplus to needs
    * try to sell DD old school dress and maybe some paperbacks that I won't read again
    * One Onepoll survey. Only at £13 so getting there steadily
    * Keep snapping receipts for ReceiptHog & Shoppix

Have a great day everyone

Emma
    Last edited by brednall; 23-05-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Baby daughter born 27/01/10 - Jessica Evie 8lbs 3ozs

Baby son born 26/06/11 - Daniel Alan 7lbs 2ozs
    • Happy Kitties
    • By Happy Kitties 23rd May 19, 10:55 AM
    • 937 Posts
    • 7,870 Thanks
    Happy Kitties
    1LL it's great having DD home, not so much all of her stuff from uni........still finding home for all of the things. On a plus side she did have a big declutter of her wardrobe last night (which has needed doing for ages) for her new clothes.
    Decluttered clothes are being dropped off today at the CS and being added to my decluttering totals

trailingspouse I hope everything goes okay with the interview and the timing of it all is okay
    foxgloves it always makes me smile at the antics of the cat. He sounds like he has a big personality

DD is currently having a fit as she bought stainless steel straws which youngest cat. a.k.a the artful dodger has been discreetly stealing

Banking and quidco all checked, everything good.
    Keep tidying house and putting DD things away(not much left DD did most of it last night) Didn't want anything in the living room as I'm trying to clear it for decorating .
    DD didn't have the meal last night so will have tonight, so no cooking.
    Also DD treating me to lunch,will still take my vouchers
    Received another voucher from RM so that will be put away with the rest of them
    More washing to be put out while weather is good.

That's about it from me, have a great day everyone x
    2017 birthday savings shopping frugally = 481.15:money. 2018 birthday savings so far=360.66
    • 1LuckyLady
    • By 1LuckyLady 23rd May 19, 12:41 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 11,744 Thanks
    1LuckyLady
    Good afternoon all,
    A late check in from me as I've been out all morning but its been a nice day so far
    Trailing, I hope the interview went well.
    Dnms, so glad to hear work was ok yesterday.
    Clf & Pf, thank you for the stretching vid tips, I'm going to have a look this afternoon
    HK, Where has this last year gone?! I remember you posting last year about all dd's stuff coming home and finding places for it all!
    Foxgloves, glad you are feeling better
    Dawn, hope you have a lovely weekend with your family
    Pipboy, the weather has been lovely!
    Emz, hope you and dh had a chilled night last night.

Today I've
    ys bread for ds1 breakfast as usual and ds2 to free school breakfast club
    washed a load on the 20min 30 degree wash and hung on the line
    done my gym class and refilled water bottle twice, again no gym buddy today and a new pt taking the class (both things that would set me on edge) but done and I worked hard!
    coffee catch up with my lovely friend, we only catch up once a month but an iced latte and three hours later we've set the world to rights and I feel so much better for it. (the only mse part of this is that I didn't have more then one coffee..... I didn't buy cake...…. and its cheaper then therapy!!

Still to do
    check banking /update spreadsheet
    check out stretching vids as suggested on here
    hang washing straight away with the exception of dh's work shirts that will need ironing
    all meals from stores, chicken salad again tonight
    dust upstairs as dh is wfh tomorrow and I could write my name in the dust
    hopefully get out for a walk as a family tonight if dh isn't too late, we've done this the last couple of nights and really enjoyed it.

Thats all I can think of, take care all.
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 24th May 19, 5:31 AM
    • 2,929 Posts
    • 20,022 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Morning all

It's Friday
    I may end up working from home today as the person I'm meant to be meeting has not come back to me. Oh well

A little list:
    Something out of freezer for tea
    Triage fridge
    Water plants
    I did a quick netting of my blueberry plant yesterday - check it's still in tact as the local (big round) pigeon was on the prowl yesterday and last year he ate all the flowers/fruit before they developed. Was looking lovely so hope I've caught it in time
    It's payday so big money shuffle
    Some form of exercise. Ideally outside as it's so lovely
    Continue with healthy eating, log food
    Take my car to garage, if the can supply me with a replacement as I don't want to be careless for the weekend. Luckily it's a company car, so no cost to repair

Have a lovely day folks. Purps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,142Posts Today

7,322Users online

Martin's Twitter