Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 11:29 AM
    • 5,695Posts
    • 70,510Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 11:29 AM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 11:29 AM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Tine; 17-05-2019 at 1:22 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 5
    • Apple1985
    • By Apple1985 17th Apr 16, 2:44 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Apple1985
    Hi newthrift. Like you say no news is good news.

I did another first response this morning and I defo have a second line but it is faint. And I'm not due on until Thursday/Friday and I've been reading
    About chemical pregnancies on the Internet and its scared me so I'm
    Going to try and be strong and not test again until mid week.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted! X
    • VicVics86
    • By VicVics86 17th Apr 16, 4:39 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    VicVics86
    Apple and newthrift I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

I've had my ovulation test strips from Amazon today all ready for after AF. Although I have found the left over ones from last time. They say on the packet that they expired in 2015 ☹️. I guess this means I can't use them because they won't be as accurate??? A shame because there are quite a few of them.
    Married the Mr 13th Jan 13; Beautiful Baby Girl born 13th May 14 ; Beautiful Baby Boy born 13th January 2017
    • cats2012
    • By cats2012 18th Apr 16, 6:49 AM
    • 1,179 Posts
    • 1,288 Thanks
    cats2012
    Morning ladies 13DPO and no AF so longest LP in months but bit of spotting, small drop in temp and literally zero preg symptoms so pretty certain she will arrive today or tomorrow.

This marks a whole year and 9 cycles. Even if I say first month off the pill doesn't count and neither does my stupid 73 day one that's 7 - 5 of which I pinpointed ov and we should have had a decent chance.

So not full sure what the future holds for us now. Time for us to go for some more tests and hopefully a referral soon. For that reason I'm going to officially move over to the 12m+ thread as I'm just finding it too hard seeing quick BFPs on here - even though I'm so happy for you all!!

I hope not to have to see any of you over there, sending baby dust to everyone xx
    Last edited by cats2012; 18-04-2016 at 9:39 AM.
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
    • Keekee
    • By Keekee 18th Apr 16, 9:23 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Keekee
    Cats, I'm so sorry this cycle seems to have gone against you again. I totally understand why you are moving on, although we will miss you here. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your time will come very soon. Big hugs. xx
    • Keekee
    • By Keekee 18th Apr 16, 9:26 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    Keekee
    Hi all. I am continuing to keep up with the goings on here but trying to maintain the (slightly!) more relaxed approach for now... Its blooming hard!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Apple and Newthrift ! Its about time we had some good news here!

Welcome to all the newbies - I hope your stays are short!
    xx
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 18th Apr 16, 9:36 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    MancMama4
    cats I will miss you on here! I will definitely be stalking the 12m+ thread and keeping everything crossed for you x
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16
    • MancMama4
    • By MancMama4 18th Apr 16, 9:40 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    MancMama4
    I'm calling ov as yesterday as had some EWCM and felt a bit crampy so please can I be changed to CD19 1DPO, thank you.

We didn't manage to BD yesterday either as still sticking to EOD... but in the spirit of staying relaxed not thinking about it too much! We BD'd twice on Saturday so hopefully plenty of stuff around haha (sorry tmi).

I've got 2 hen do's the next 2 weekends and the 2nd falls on AF due date so that could make things interesting..! Trying to forget it all for now though still.

Have a great week all x
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 18th Apr 16, 10:21 AM
    • 682 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    Sorry to hear you're leaving us Cats, will try and look out on the other thread for you. I can understand how this thread can be frustrating for the longer term TCC'ers
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 18th Apr 16, 10:27 AM
    • 682 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    So I'm currently CD23, 9DPO. Have UTI symptoms today, totally new symptom for me
    • pink petal
    • By pink petal 18th Apr 16, 10:40 AM
    • 348 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    pink petal
    Sorry to see you go cats but completely understand...please come back and update us when you get your BFP - and you will!

X
    • newthrift
    • By newthrift 18th Apr 16, 11:50 AM
    • 1,221 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    newthrift
    Sorry to see you moving threads cats totally understand though. Lots of baby dust to you and hope you get your BFP soon xx

I've resisted and not tested this morning, I will tomorrow. Still no AF and plenty of preg symptoms so hopefully. Apple fingers crossed for you, see if you can hold out until due date for next test, although it sounds very promising :-D
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year
    Baby Boy Newthrift arrived July 2017
    • Tinks05
    • By Tinks05 18th Apr 16, 1:03 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Tinks05
    Cats I will be watching out for you in the other thread and I really hope your stay there is short.
    • Tinks05
    • By Tinks05 18th Apr 16, 1:09 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Tinks05
    I've just got a faint BFP on a Superdrug test. I'm hyperventilating a little bit. I've been testing using Amazon cheapies, and they have all been negative, even this morning, not even the faintest of faint lines. I decided at lunch time (don't even now why I had the urge to test at lunch time) to try one last time with the Superdrug tests I had stocked up on last month, and wasn't going to test anymore after that.

Not sure I believe it yet. AF due Thursday so I will wait and see how this week goes.
    • Rachylou1981
    • By Rachylou1981 18th Apr 16, 2:32 PM
    • 682 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    Rachylou1981
    That's exciting Tinks. Fingers crossed for you to get a more substantial result but it's very unlikely to be a false positive
    • VicVics86
    • By VicVics86 18th Apr 16, 2:33 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    VicVics86
    Cats I'm sorry to hear your moving on. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Tinkso5 How exciting! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Things are pretty boring here for me. I'm on CD3 and waiting for AF to !!!!!! off still. Get quite bad cramping and back ache with it although thankfully its wearing off and disappearing now.
    Married the Mr 13th Jan 13; Beautiful Baby Girl born 13th May 14 ; Beautiful Baby Boy born 13th January 2017
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 18th Apr 16, 2:34 PM
    • 5,695 Posts
    • 70,510 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD19 MancMama4 - 1DPO
    CD24 angel11 - 9DPO
    CD23 Rachylou1981 - 10DPO
    CD29 Keekee - 13DPO
    CD31 Milliebob - 16DPO
    CD39 newthrift - 21DPO
    CD35 pinkmagpie - 22DPO

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD9 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov
    CD9 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD9 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov
    CD16 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov
    CD19 newcook - Awaiting ov
    CD19 Meepmeep - Awaiting ov
    CD25 Apple1985 - Awaiting ov
    CD26 pink petal - Awaiting ov
    CD33 the_insider - Awaiting ov
    CD35 Jojo_fry - Awaiting ov
    CD83 clarabell19894 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 VicVics86 - Awaiting ov
    CD5 sexymouse - Awaiting ov
    CD6 big5 - Awaiting ov
    CD8 little angel - Awaiting ov

Those we haven't heard from in a while

chocolatelover93

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 18-04-2016 at 6:39 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 18th Apr 16, 2:38 PM
    • 5,695 Posts
    • 70,510 Thanks
    sexymouse
    So sad to see you go cats, but can completely understand why. It's hard being a long-term ttc'er when people fall quickly. Best of luck to you and hope you get your BFP soon. As others have said, please do come back and let us know when you do. xx

Exciting news Tinks - hope it comes up as a full on BFP soon.

Fingers crossed for newthrift and apple and all others testing soon.

Hugs for all of those who've had a visit from AF.

I'm just coming up to the end of AF so going into the BD zone soon. I'm going to try to just monitor cm this cycle as the OPKs seem to be putting too much pressure on DH's performance, so going to try a chilled-out month this time.
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 18th Apr 16, 3:03 PM
    • 5,695 Posts
    • 70,510 Thanks
    sexymouse
    Ok, in my distracted state, I just killed my mooncup! The water boiled dry as I forgot to put the timer on when sterilising it. Please say this is a sign that next month I won't need one!
    • pink petal
    • By pink petal 18th Apr 16, 3:05 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    pink petal
    I don't know if anyone will be able to help me with this question but I'll ask anyway! So I'm on CD26, usually I temp and monitor ov but this month I only used OPKs and had two positive but then for the next few days I didn't get the normal feeling of ov, slight pain etc. I pretty much know the signs now!

So since Thursday I've been having ov type pains...but in both of my sides, so it can't be late ov. AF is due in two days but it definitely doesn't feel like cramp either. I made the mistake of googling it and all kinds of theories came up...PCOS, endometriosis and now I'm worried.

Anyone else ever had this? On Thursday I just put it down to general aches and pains but it's still going and it's really quite painful!

PP x
    • angel11
    • By angel11 18th Apr 16, 4:06 PM
    • 411 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    angel11
    Exciting Tink, fx for full on bfp soon!

Cats sorry you're leaving us, but totally understand how you feel, keep us updated with how you're getting on x

Afm, CD24, AF due Fri, feeling more & more PMSy by the day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,822Users online

Martin's Twitter