Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 4
    • bargainhunterss
    • By bargainhunterss 25th Sep 15, 3:55 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 6,698 Thanks
    bargainhunterss
    For anyone that normally buys them, the big choc tubs are 2 for 7 in Morries at the moment. Not sure how long the deal will last (we bought them yesterday).
    Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don't want..to impress people that they don't like...

"Every time you borrow money, you're robbing your future self."
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 25th Sep 15, 3:58 PM
    • 16,154 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    mum2one
    For anyone that normally buys them, the big choc tubs are 2 for 7 in Morries at the moment. Not sure how long the deal will last (we bought them yesterday).
    Originally posted by bargainhunterss
    on post 55 - the offers ends Sunday x
    Tackling the debt free life one day at a time xx
    RIP Dad, - Always love you, - He was 1 in a million xx
    • bargainhunterss
    • By bargainhunterss 28th Sep 15, 3:22 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 6,698 Thanks
    bargainhunterss
    Thanks mum2one, didn't see that! Just quickly posted while I remembered! That'll teach me for not reading the thread first
    Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don't want..to impress people that they don't like...

"Every time you borrow money, you're robbing your future self."
    • mrs motivated
    • By mrs motivated 29th Sep 15, 3:18 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 4,545 Thanks
    mrs motivated
    Feeling very pleased. while reading a post on MFW, it came across a tip about checking for old T3sco clubcard vouchers.....so I did and found 12.50 in vouchers, so i went on T3sco direct and bought 2 Large Yankee jar candles for 14 each and 2 yankee votive candles (to make the total purchase add up to over 30 to qualify for a further 5 off).

Total cost 30.40 less the vouchers 17.50 and the voucher code for a further 5 off - Final cost 12.90

2 Large Yankee Jar Candles (Chrimbo gifts)

2 Yankee votive candles (a me gift) and all for 12.90
    Last edited by mrs motivated; 29-09-2015 at 8:32 PM.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Accessible EF #152 1000/1000

Vets EF 2000/2000
    • debbiedodge1737
    • By debbiedodge1737 3rd Oct 15, 12:32 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    debbiedodge1737
    Ok I'm im lol ........

Its about time I started to get serious about christmas 2015. I have already bought a PS4 second hand on ebay which is a big gift put away for DS1 and I have bought a huge selection of perfumes and cosmetics in the boots January sales ... I have no idea who there all for or whats up there , but I stashed quite a bit away so I need to have a day sorting what and who for and making a list of this. DD is now 18yrs and we have a rule in our family once your 18 you dont get your 'Big' present like the kids always have, now you get a few nice gifts (perfume , jumper, ect) but not the usual big electrical item or what not as I just cant do it forever :/ .... shes very mature now and does college and work so theres nothing I can buy her that she doesnt already have anyway. So she will be getting maybe a few Lush items as she love that at moment. I might even go online and look for bargains for that. My DS2 is just 4yrs old and Im not sure what he is getting yet , I have put nothing away as of yet. No Ideas for husband yet either.

Out of the items upstairs I hope I have FIL , His Girlfriend , MM , at least one for DD and DS1 .

I would like to have all gifts and un perishable food put away by December

So what do you all do , challenges ?
    • rdone
    • By rdone 5th Oct 15, 7:21 AM
    • 409 Posts
    • 1,862 Thanks
    rdone
    Managed to sort my parents Christmas presents out over the weekend. I told my mum that me and the OH were going to see Miss Saigon in London over Christmas and she was insanely jealous, she was at the opening night 25 years ago (whilst pregnant with me) so bought the two seats next to us. I'm just not quite sure I can keep it a secret until Christmas!

I have this problem where I just love presents, they never have to be anything big, expensive or fancy but I get really excited. It's probably the reason why I love Christmas so much and everyone gets to join in unlike a birthday!

I like to get the majority of the shopping out of the way by the middle of November, that way I can enjoy all of the festivities without having to rush around. Anything to so with Christmas and I'll partake!

I went to Boots on Thursday night and had a look around the 3 for 2, there wasn't a huge amount in there but got some Yankie candles and managed to use rather a lot of vouchers that I had through the post. The lady said that there will be 4 events before Christmas with the 1st being on the 29th October starting at 12.
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 5th Oct 15, 3:41 PM
    • 16,154 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    mum2one
    Managed to sort my parents Christmas presents out over the weekend. I told my mum that me and the OH were going to see Miss Saigon in London over Christmas and she was insanely jealous, she was at the opening night 25 years ago (whilst pregnant with me) so bought the two seats next to us. I'm just not quite sure I can keep it a secret until Christmas!

I have this problem where I just love presents, they never have to be anything big, expensive or fancy but I get really excited. It's probably the reason why I love Christmas so much and everyone gets to join in unlike a birthday!

I like to get the majority of the shopping out of the way by the middle of November, that way I can enjoy all of the festivities without having to rush around. Anything to so with Christmas and I'll partake!

I went to Boots on Thursday night and had a look around the 3 for 2, there wasn't a huge amount in there but got some Yankie candles and managed to use rather a lot of vouchers that I had through the post. The lady said that there will be 4 events before Christmas with the 1st being on the 29th October starting at 12.
    Originally posted by rdone
    I love miss Saigon it was the first time I had stayed in London, many yrs ago, I'd be bursting at the seams.

Getting sorted slowly most of the presents are brought, hit Jan sales and been topping up here and there, plan is to wrap start of november, just got from, mum and dad to do.
    Dd - iPad mini or ipodtouch 6 - get that start Dec
    Mum - ring - got to wait and get some money off dad 2wArds i
    Dad - clothes, beer, whisky

Xx
    • PixieDust
    • By PixieDust 5th Oct 15, 7:51 PM
    • 935 Posts
    • 4,029 Thanks
    PixieDust
    A$da have Terry's chocolate orange for one pound, with quite long dates
    • MrsCD
    • By MrsCD 29th Oct 15, 3:20 PM
    • 745 Posts
    • 11,241 Thanks
    MrsCD
    Just having a few minutes out from writing Christmas cards.
    I've made a Christmas journal with each week from now until Christmas, and I've written down what I want to do each week. So this week I want all the cards done and start making gift lists.
    Next week will be making room for gifts and looking at gift wrap and accessories. I want all the bits and bobs put together in one box instead of in carrier bags. DD1 suggested using an IKEA carrierbag holder to stand all the rolls of paper in, but I don't want to buy anything - I'm trying to find a way of keeping all the different types of paper together but separate IYSWIM!
    Enjoy all the preparations everyone and don't get stressed!!!
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 5th Dec 15, 7:56 AM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    bumping this up as it's full of mega linkies for all our christmas needs
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

• zippychick
    • By zippychick 5th Dec 15, 8:01 AM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    ohhh i've just seen this thread has made or will make the email, that's kinda exciting

Added a few links at the start

• chocolatelover93
    • By chocolatelover93 5th Dec 15, 9:07 AM
    • 985 Posts
    • 6,845 Thanks
    chocolatelover93
    Thank you Zippy chick will be having a good old read though
    Read my diaryHere
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 6th Dec 15, 8:22 PM
    • 1,869 Posts
    • 6,833 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Just having a few minutes out from writing Christmas cards.
    I've made a Christmas journal with each week from now until Christmas, and I've written down what I want to do each week. So this week I want all the cards done and start making gift lists.
    Next week will be making room for gifts and looking at gift wrap and accessories. I want all the bits and bobs put together in one box instead of in carrier bags. DD1 suggested using an IKEA carrierbag holder to stand all the rolls of paper in, but I don't want to buy anything - I'm trying to find a way of keeping all the different types of paper together but separate IYSWIM!
    Enjoy all the preparations everyone and don't get stressed!!!
    Originally posted by MrsCD
    Hi MrsCD
    If you haven't got sorted yet, I use plastic suit covers to hold rolls of wrapping paper. They hang on the back of a cupboard door or in the wardrobe without taking up a lot of room and it keeps them in check and undamaged as long as you don't overload them! Ikea do cheap, quite strong ones if you're shopping there.
    Edited to add: Sorry, I've just realised that the white, dotty Ikea suit covers don't have zips in or closed bottoms. The ones I use are 'proper' strong covers that I would feel happy to travel with, like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-NEW-COAT-DRESS-SUIT-SHIRT-COVER-TRAVEL-BAG-GARMENT-PROTECTIVE-COVER-BLACK-/111760923409?hash=item1a05785b11:g:KE0AAOSw5ZBWKgn w
    Last edited by Eenymeeny; 07-12-2015 at 5:56 AM. Reason: Correction.
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.

Please and Thank You are the magic words
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 8th Dec 15, 4:47 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    i love the idea of the reindeer ones linky

i made christmas tree ones in work using scrap wrapping paper. look surprisingly effective

• zippychick
    • By zippychick 8th Dec 15, 4:48 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    Oh! ANGELS!!

• springdreams
    • By springdreams 9th Dec 15, 2:06 PM
    • 3,562 Posts
    • 31,366 Thanks
    springdreams
    I quite like this OS thread on homemade Christmas, which was recently included in the weekly email:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5351978
    Last edited by springdreams; 09-12-2015 at 2:08 PM.
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    Originally posted by squeaky
    ☆.。.:*・ Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・
    SPC No. 518
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 9th Dec 15, 2:45 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    I quite like this OS thread on homemade Christmas, which was recently included in the weekly email:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5351978
    Originally posted by springdreams
    thank you ! have added it into the first post, keep them coming

Zip xxx

• mum2one
    • By mum2one 9th Dec 15, 2:55 PM
    • 16,154 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    mum2one
    thrify gifty santas challenge 2015 - as well x
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 10th Dec 15, 7:21 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    Hi

i can't find the thread using that info and searching. What forum is it in? do you have a link please? (sorry if i'm being silly, i'm on painkillers, dopey)

Zip

• zippychick
    • By zippychick 10th Dec 15, 7:22 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    oh - this video is rather long but i love it!!!! homemade detailed snowflake

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

65Posts Today

2,494Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin