Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 25
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Dec 18, 11:43 AM
    • 15,383 Posts
    • 18,034 Thanks
    KeithP
    securitymatters, please delete your post from this thread.

It is not relevant to the thread's subject matter.

Thanks.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Dec 18, 1:16 PM
    • 22,783 Posts
    • 28,989 Thanks
    Redx
    Hi I posted my draft defence 4 days ago and time is running out, no one has read or commented on it so that I can complete it and send it off, can I politely request a revue of the "Draft Defence" please. Its under Euro Parking Services PCN by securitymatters.
    Originally posted by securitymatters

please read my post here, it explains the lack of replies and the why

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=75126216&postcount=46
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Dec 18, 3:39 PM
    • 23,783 Posts
    • 38,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Here's an excellent example of a very successful written complaint whereby the writer not only had their own ticket cancelled by the retail park managers (INTU at Merry Hill) but they were instructing UKPC to cancel all tickets given to other motorists.

It's unclear how far or how wide the other cancellations will be effected, but no doubt the instruction will not be going down too well at Rupertsville over Christmas!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75170449#post75170449
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Dec 18, 4:28 PM
    • 23,783 Posts
    • 38,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Another cracking written complaint and result today. This time it's Sainsbury's who'll shortly be telling Horizon where to get off.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75169477#post75169477
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    • Jules M
    • By Jules M 17th Dec 18, 11:13 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Jules M
    THANK YOU A BILLION! Just had a reply from Lidl Customer Services agreeing to contact Athena and cancel the parking fine they sent me for overstaying by half an hour. I wrote directly to Athena using the template provided here, and wrote to Lidl customer services, copying the Lidl CEO in, also using your template and adding info I found on the local planning portal that specifically said conditions of planning permission included that the car park must allow for people to visit other units in the area. Here's the reply.

"Thank you for contacting our CEO. He has asked that I respond on his behalf.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our stores parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted the Car Park Management Company and have requested that this charge be cancelled. Your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department for their information."
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Dec 18, 11:17 AM
    • 13,560 Posts
    • 13,920 Thanks
    The Deep
    So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

Perhaps, but how much lost custom has it cost them.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business. Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers. Read this one which I wrote earlier

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Dec 18, 11:19 AM
    • 11,489 Posts
    • 15,633 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Jules M ...... well done.

The Lidl letter is a bog standard copy and paste they send to everyone, thus showing contempt to paying customers that they don't really need them

Get rid of parking vermin Lidl and watch your profits increase
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • libertyslair
    • By libertyslair 21st Dec 18, 10:42 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    libertyslair
    I am in the early stages of taking ECP to court for the way they have treated me. According to ECP my vehicle was parked in one of there car parks in august, when I phoned them and explained my car wasn't there and that I have terminal cancer the call handler decided to increase the fine from 60 if paid within 14 days to the full 100 instantly. After numerous calls they were still demanding the full amount and also accused me of driving the car (my license has been revoked due to brain tumour). I have offered them cctv evidence showing my car was on drive that day but they have refused to accept it along with my medical evidence. I have appealed and that was rejected, unfortunately I was unable to appeal to POPLA due to ECP failing to supply me with a POPLA number until after the deadline had passed. They have also treated that if I don't pay them they will get bailiffs to give me a kicking. what a way to treat a terminal cancer patient!!!!
    unfortunately they picked the wrong cancer patient, the police are currently looking into the blackmail and threats made by ECP staff and I am posting out a letter informing ECP that I am taking them to court for damages due to black mail, threatening behaviour and also for nearly killing me!!!!
    I suffered a serious seizure due to the stress of all of this and stopped breathing.

I am going to make sure no other vulnerable person is threatened, blackmailed or suffers at the hands of ECP!!!!!
    I will be also taking this to my local MP and making sure my case is brought up in the house of commons next year.

People need to stand up to these criminals and put them out of business once and for all!!!!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 22nd Dec 18, 8:43 AM
    • 11,489 Posts
    • 15,633 Thanks
    beamerguy
    What a horror story, let us know what happens please.

We hope in the new year that the new bill will come into action and then we can go to town on this scammers like ECP

Our sole aim will be to get scammers banned by the DVLA

You need to contact Steve Clark of the BPA and tell him the
    antics of ECP and what one of his scammers are doing.
    steve.c@britishparking.co.uk
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd Dec 18, 11:38 AM
    • 6,866 Posts
    • 9,190 Thanks
    waamo
    I am in the early stages of taking ECP to court for the way they have treated me. According to ECP my vehicle was parked in one of there car parks in august, when I phoned them and explained my car wasn't there and that I have terminal cancer the call handler decided to increase the fine from 60 if paid within 14 days to the full 100 instantly. After numerous calls they were still demanding the full amount and also accused me of driving the car (my license has been revoked due to brain tumour). I have offered them cctv evidence showing my car was on drive that day but they have refused to accept it along with my medical evidence. I have appealed and that was rejected, unfortunately I was unable to appeal to POPLA due to ECP failing to supply me with a POPLA number until after the deadline had passed. They have also treated that if I don't pay them they will get bailiffs to give me a kicking. what a way to treat a terminal cancer patient!!!!
    unfortunately they picked the wrong cancer patient, the police are currently looking into the blackmail and threats made by ECP staff and I am posting out a letter informing ECP that I am taking them to court for damages due to black mail, threatening behaviour and also for nearly killing me!!!!
    I suffered a serious seizure due to the stress of all of this and stopped breathing.

I am going to make sure no other vulnerable person is threatened, blackmailed or suffers at the hands of ECP!!!!!
    I will be also taking this to my local MP and making sure my case is brought up in the house of commons next year.

People need to stand up to these criminals and put them out of business once and for all!!!!
    Originally posted by libertyslair
    You really should complain to your MP. Parliament is looking hard at parking companies currently.
    This space for hire.
    • Linda Y
    • By Linda Y 9th Jan 19, 3:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Linda Y
    HIGHVIEW PARKING FINE AT uRBAN eXCHANGE, m4
    Hi, I just received a Highview Parking fine at Urban exchange ,M4. 1 hour 48 mins, so 18 mins over stayed, they asked 95 chanrge.
    it is small retail park, I did shopping in ALDI and M&S , But I only found M&S receipt. I have through the ALDI receipt away already. I read online, many people said to contact ALDI and get cancel it, but I paid cash in store and couldn't remembered the amount in ALDI.
    I have spoken the M&S manager, he said he will not help and he asked me to Appeal online.
    I tried to find M&S email address and plan to email them receipts, But I couldn't find.
    I am not good in english writing, i also haven't found any Template for email them or appeal
    anyone can give me advise ?
    just thinking it is an unfair charge .
    thanks
    Linda
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 9th Jan 19, 3:54 PM
    • 5,129 Posts
    • 4,733 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Read the NEWBIE sticky, back to the main parking forum page, third post down, see post # 1 right at the bottom in BLUE text, send that appeal as is, no additions, no deletions or modifications. Then start a new thread just for you.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 19, 3:58 PM
    • 23,783 Posts
    • 38,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    just thinking it is an unfair charge .
    Everyone thinks the charge is unfair - but nobody ever wins their case because the charge is causing them to be miffed. You need to get to understand the game you've now been dragged into, with no easy escape without you doing some work on it.

On the positive side, Highview are one of the easiest PPCs to shake off. Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to understand how it all works and what you need to do.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jan 19, 12:03 AM
    • 73,748 Posts
    • 85,932 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Highview are a cinch to blow over like a feather. Easy easy easy!

No idea why people don't just read the NEWBIES thread and get on with the template appeal online, being careful NOT to tick 'driver'!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • deemoid
    • By deemoid 10th Jan 19, 11:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    deemoid
    Landowner Search
    Failed appeal to UKCPS with standard blue template. Now want to complain to landowner. Any good ideas on how to find the landowner? The car park was run by UKCPS in Port Street, Manchester. Apologies if this isn't the right place for this post...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jan 19, 12:01 AM
    • 73,748 Posts
    • 85,932 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can ask the local Authority which company pays the non-Domestic rates at that location, or ask Land Registry for the landowner title info (costs a small fee).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Horisonblue
    • By Horisonblue 21st Jan 19, 11:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Horisonblue
    PCN issued by the UKPC
    Thinking to appeal the charge. I wonder that how this organisation is operating as I read some of the complaints starts from 2013 or 2014.

I understand that this PCN issued by the UKPC is still an invoice and not actually a PCN like the ones issued by the councils. If that argument still prevails, please can someone confirm the same.

Thinking to do the appeal and concurrently write to the landowners. Or do anyone suggest wait for the reply for the appeal before writing to the landowners.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 21st Jan 19, 11:22 PM
    • 22,783 Posts
    • 28,989 Thanks
    Redx
    Thinking to appeal the charge. I wonder that how this organisation is operating as I read some of the complaints starts from 2013 or 2014.

I understand that this PCN issued by the UKPC is still an invoice and not actually a PCN like the ones issued by the councils. If that argument still prevails, please can someone confirm the same.

Thinking to do the appeal and concurrently write to the landowners. Or do anyone suggest wait for the reply for the appeal before writing to the landowners.
    Originally posted by Horisonblue
    nothing will change until the Parking Bill becomes law in a few months time

they are all INVOICES and nothing like a council pcn, so yes we confirm

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum explains all this and tells you what to do, which is to appeal PLUS complain to the landowner or M.A. or retailer (s), so do both

please start your own NEW THREAD if you need further bespoke help, dont post in this thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Feb 19, 8:47 AM
    • 23,783 Posts
    • 38,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    PE/ALDI - DOUBLE DIP
    Ecellent approach to putting Aldi under pressure to sort out a ridiculous double-dip NtK (21 hours+) from ParkingEye.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5961497
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 07-02-2019 at 8:49 AM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Feb 19, 12:21 PM
    • 23,783 Posts
    • 38,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    IBIS HOTELS PROTECT THEIR CUSTOMER FROM CEL ABUSE - Ticket cancelled!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75457820#post75457820
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,233Posts Today

8,688Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin