Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moneylover
    • By moneylover 19th Jun 12, 9:02 PM
    • 1,625Posts
    • 408Thanks
    moneylover
    0 WOW
    Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted?
    • 19th Jun 12, 9:02 PM
    0 WOW
    Any tips for getting National Trust membership discounted? 19th Jun 12 at 9:02 PM
    Have been dithering over National Trust membership for husband and myself wondering if I will get enough use to pay almost 70. We are going to Northern Ireland for a few days and will go to a couple of properties and several beaches where you pay for parking so would get some good use right away.
    Just wondered if there were any offers anyone knew of? Thank you
Page 12
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 18th May 19, 7:32 PM
    • 803 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Looks like the game's up with Heritage NZ, as I received the received the following e-mail from them yesterday

As a valuable member of Heritage New Zealand based overseas, we would like to notify you about some significant changes in our overseas membership prices and categories. It is the first time we have increased our prices on some categories in 11 years, so they reflect the truer value of the membership package we offer. We are also removing some categories to make it easier for us to manage and for you to join or renew.
    The changes follow an investigation into our membership programme charges and costs. Factors such as postal charges – which have risen exponentially– are impacting us. But it was also clear there was a significant gap between the charges Heritage New Zealand sets for access to NZ and overseas properties and historic places and those of our sister organisations overseas like English Heritage and the National Trust.
    Unfortunately it became increasingly apparent there were many UK nationals using our membership programme simply to enjoy the reciprocal access we provide to properties and events managed by the likes of English Heritage and National Trust. Many people were not aware of, or supportive of, our work in New Zealand.
    We believe the new prices create a like-for-like market for people supporting heritage. Our aim is to promote the message that people overseas can, and should, support their local heritage agencies. The changes enable us to focus more prominently on our New Zealand-based members (and potential new members), as well as overseas members who enjoy visiting and experiencing the unique heritage in New Zealand.
    With immediate effect, there will now be two overseas membership categories priced as below:
    • Individual adult membership NZ$200
    • Family membership NZ$350
    Thankfully, I manged to renew just in time, as in the post today was my renewed (at all prices) membership card until 1 June 2020.

No doubt some posters will still indulge in a bit of self-righteous schadenfreude though!
    Last edited by beefturnmail; 18-05-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

994Posts Today

6,990Users online

Martin's Twitter