Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    millsymuttleylaugh
    Wilkinsons Thread
    • 11th Feb 10, 11:59 PM
    Wilkinsons Thread 11th Feb 10 at 11:59 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Wilkos. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include 42p Lynx shower gel (£2.30), Tresemme shampoo £1.50 (£4) & Calvin Klein Eternity perfume £15 (£25). Find your nearest Wilkos.

More discount store bargains

Poundland | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to millsymuttleylaugh and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

I was wondering if we can start a Wilkinsons thread, theres quite a lot of bargains to be had in there

I find the sponges are good quality only 19p each
    Flannels are also cheap (not sure on price)
    Individual dish clothes are only about 5p each

Always alot of offers on Shampoos, conditioners and other toiletries

Hair colour by leading brands cheaper than Boots or Superdrug (usually)

Good deals on dog food

I'll add more to it when I've been for another look around
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 8:23 PM.
    Just me, in my own little world

Page 5
  • nix4moneysaving
    Wilko - Growbags
    I just bought J Arthur Bowers growbags for £1.47. A considerable saving over the DIY stores
    • lindos90
    • By lindos90 30th Jul 10, 8:29 PM
    • 2,867 Posts
    • 20,082 Thanks
    lindos90
    Hope you wilko MSers dont mind me reserecting this thread!

Went into my local store today (Chesterfield), and was given a card, if you spend over £10 on 4 separate visits in the next month, you get 'up to' £10 off your next visit. I cannot find any mention of it on the web site, and there is no * at the side of the £10 to qualify what the 'up to' means

Anyone have any ideas or info?
    • Mike J
    • By Mike J 30th Jul 10, 9:49 PM
    • 982 Posts
    • 466 Thanks
    Mike J
    Whilst this has been resurrected I will post that today I got 4 energy saving light bulbs (from the clearance shelves) at my Wilkinson for 10p. Nothing exciting about that I hear you say, except these are the one with light sensors built in so you leave them one but they only come on when it gets dark (ideal for the holiday period)
  • HANICKA
    Been to my local Wilko yesterday and Dulax white silk and matt wall paint 2.5 l was priced at £5.00.
    Good price if you feel like decorating.
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 31st Jul 10, 6:58 AM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 6,832 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Thanks for ressurecting this thread. I really like Wilkinsons (Sad I know) as long as I get in before it's too crowded. I went especially to collect a catalogue last week and was told that they'd been recalled because there were so many errors in them. I thought that I might save someone making the same wasted trip or does anyone know if the new ones are available yet please?
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.

Please and Thank You are the magic words
  • skingirl
    last week i got a 2.5l dulux red paint and a 2.5l dulux brown paint for 20p each.thats what i call a bargain.
  • lawlorlane
    Unibond - Hard as nails and polyfiller tubes are £2 each!
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 14th Nov 10, 11:22 AM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 6,832 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Resurrecting this thread... There must be other Wilko fans out there?
    I've just registered at Wilkinson online (Wilkinsonplus) and got a £5 voucher to use off my first order. I wondered if others knew about this as I don't think that it's mentioned on their website.
    Also, can anyone tell me if you can mix orders? (big items with small items) all in one delivery charge please? The website states one transaction but I understand that there is a £20 delivery charge for some items... Wanting a bathroom cabinet, thinking that I might as well get the heavy, bulky stuff in as well if it's possible Thanks
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.

• thunderbird
    • By thunderbird 14th Nov 10, 11:39 AM
    • 705 Posts
    • 1,164 Thanks
    thunderbird
    Thanks for that. I've just registered, but I only received a standard registration confirmation email. Did you get the £5 voucher separately?
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 14th Nov 10, 6:14 PM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 6,832 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Sorry, just checked welcome email, the £5 is only if you spend £50
    I'm planning on spending that much so I forgot about that condition. Hope that you can still use it though...
    Just realised that I didn't tell you... it's a code that you add when you order. Sorry, got the wrong head on today
    Last edited by Eenymeeny; 14-11-2010 at 9:53 PM.

• Hopelessly Hopeful
    • By Hopelessly Hopeful 16th Apr 11, 12:59 PM
    • 3,383 Posts
    • 8,815 Thanks
    Hopelessly Hopeful
    Four plastic spatulas £1!

HHx
  • heidiarruda
    Belle Vale, Liverpool:

Pack of 10 Brillo Pads, £1.58
    Tresemme Shampoo or Conditioner £1.99
    • esmer
    • By esmer 16th Apr 11, 8:35 PM
    • 1,440 Posts
    • 9,044 Thanks
    esmer
    Was in there today and they have Fence pain in a variety of colours 2 for 10.00 not quite beating Asdas price this week, but its got more choice of colours
    Saving 2.00 coins
    Grocerys set to 40.00 pw
    Being Thrifty
    • Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 15th Jul 11, 9:56 PM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 6,832 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Why does this Wilko thread keep dying? Just remembered about it when I saw lots of pet food reductions there today:
    Felix 12 pack pouches on offer at £2.38, Whiskas 12 pouches for £2.75.
    Wagg dog food 2.5kg for £1.00 and Iams 3kg for £3.50. Hope that I remembered them correctly!
    New range of pet accesories like rabbit hutches, chicken coops etc

• Eenymeeny
    • By Eenymeeny 16th Jul 11, 7:14 AM
    • 1,868 Posts
    • 6,832 Thanks
    Eenymeeny
    Gardening offers at Wilkinsons posted on the Grabbit thread thought that I'd point it out on here and no, I don't have any personal interests!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3359018

• Alikay
    • By Alikay 16th Jul 11, 8:23 AM
    • 4,923 Posts
    • 13,277 Thanks
    Alikay
    I like their own brand roll on deodorant. It still contains alcohol so it's quick-drying unlike the big brands which now are alcohol-free so stay sticky for ages! Smells nice, especially the Blossom variety and is effective too and only 57p.
    • elaine373
    • By elaine373 16th Jul 11, 8:46 AM
    • 1,370 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    elaine373
    canderel sweetner tablets(105 inc extra) 84p
    I went in to collect my paint with free paint pod that i had ordered online.The staff were excellent (I hadnt clicked for the free paint pod but she amended it for me ,instore) I spent another 18 pounds on numerous items and this included Canderel sweetner (pack of 105 tablets) 84p.Great find for my diabetic husband.
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
    • narabanekeater
    • By narabanekeater 16th Jul 11, 9:18 AM
    • 1,867 Posts
    • 2,758 Thanks
    narabanekeater
    does anyone please know how long the Iams offer is on for?
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
    • cazian14
    • By cazian14 3rd Aug 11, 9:22 AM
    • 290 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    cazian14
    Yesterday i found a bargain for boys pressies, best lock fire set and police set (like lego and is compatable with lego, my son has some of this stuff already and its good mixes in well), 160 pieces in each box reduced down to £1.97 each lots on the shelf in the toy section so keep your eyes out.
    cazian

If i was useful please press thanks
  • sasha1610
    online few bits
    online there seems to be a few bargains if you type 50% off into search bar brings up the items. the 50% comes off at checkout
    hth
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,239Posts Today

7,948Users online

Martin's Twitter