Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    millsymuttleylaugh
    Wilkinsons Thread
    • 11th Feb 10, 11:59 PM
    Wilkinsons Thread 11th Feb 10 at 11:59 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Wilkos. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include 42p Lynx shower gel (2.30), Tresemme shampoo 1.50 (4) & Calvin Klein Eternity perfume 15 (25). Find your nearest Wilkos.

More discount store bargains

Poundland | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to millsymuttleylaugh and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

I was wondering if we can start a Wilkinsons thread, theres quite a lot of bargains to be had in there

I find the sponges are good quality only 19p each
    Flannels are also cheap (not sure on price)
    Individual dish clothes are only about 5p each

Always alot of offers on Shampoos, conditioners and other toiletries

Hair colour by leading brands cheaper than Boots or Superdrug (usually)

Good deals on dog food

I'll add more to it when I've been for another look around
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 8:23 PM.
    Just me, in my own little world

Page 4
    • Mee
    • By Mee 12th Apr 10, 1:43 PM
    • 1,186 Posts
    • 1,134 Thanks
    Mee
    Hi bindibo,
    Just come across this thread. Thanks for the updates.
    Do you know if Green Force washing-up liquid is still on offer?
  • kt1985
    wilkos are celebrating their 80th birthday this year so just been having a few deals, there was 2.5l white matt emulsion 80p, masking tape 80p
    now has moved on to some pet and cleaning deals, flash spray 80p, flash floor cleaner 80p, domestos spray 80p
    i love a bargain
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 15th Apr 10, 5:57 PM
    • 13,852 Posts
    • 10,890 Thanks
    fatbelly
    wilkos are celebrating their 80th birthday this year so just been having a few deals, there was 2.5l white matt emulsion 80p, masking tape 80p
    now has moved on to some pet and cleaning deals, flash spray 80p, flash floor cleaner 80p, domestos spray 80p
    i love a bargain
    Originally posted by kt1985
    It's an odd assortment!

80p deals
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 15th Apr 10, 10:26 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    If anyone is in need of Kitchen utensils, some are currently HALF PRICE in-store, due to new ranges being brought in!

What is stocked by each store will vary, hurry before another MS'er gets there first
  • Barnetbear
    One of my favourite shops, great customers services by email and in-store, seldom find anything elsewhere any cheaper - as can be seen from the packed checkouts at most of the branches I come across. Some of their food deals match or better the supermarkets' prices although they don't seem to be doing the cheap milk any more (try Iceland and Poundland for that).
    Escaped from Barnet to freedom in the South-East!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 16th Apr 10, 5:50 PM
    • 9,136 Posts
    • 16,907 Thanks
    calleyw
    If anyone is in need of Kitchen utensils, some are currently HALF PRICE in-store, due to new ranges being brought in!

What is stocked by each store will vary, hurry before another MS'er gets there first
    Originally posted by aaronmanz
    Agreed. I bought a kitchen devil knife block with 5 knives and a pair scissors and it was 6.50 as it was half price.

Had a look on amazon and people are selling what looks the same for 25

My local had a lot of knives for on half price.

Yours

Calley
  • kt1985
    milk 'the one' purple lid is two for 2
  • tla19
    From what I remember off the top of my head, some of the half price kitchen bits:

Knives ( individual ) and sets in block ( as above )
    Slicer/grater thingy
    Utensils ( also as above )
    Chopping boards
    Salt and pepper pots
    Plastic food boxes
    Ice cube trays
    Food flasks ( for soup, etc )

Possibly more but I can't remember
    • descartesmum
    • By descartesmum 5th May 10, 2:00 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    descartesmum
    Being disabled I can't schlep big bags of compost around in my shopping trolley. I have found the bags of compost at Wilkinsons really good and to celebrate their birthday they are only 80 pence each. They are much better than Tesco's.
    • waddy80
    • By waddy80 6th May 10, 4:15 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 3,554 Thanks
    waddy80
    Pampers and huggies selected nappies half price. Posted here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2451015
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

• mippy
    • By mippy 6th May 10, 4:17 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    mippy
    I bought a cream enamel stove-top kettle for 10p from Wilkos. That was a pretty good deal
  • Chapstaff
    Always good bargains to be had at Wilkinsons. Currently good deals on DIY as the range is changing
  • Chapstaff
    One of my favourite shops, great customers services by email and in-store, seldom find anything elsewhere any cheaper - as can be seen from the packed checkouts at most of the branches I come across.
    Originally posted by Barnetbear
    Pleased to hear it, I'm on the help desk at Wilkinson
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th May 10, 6:09 PM
    • 21,434 Posts
    • 220,137 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Anyone on here know when the one in Camberley is opening - can't wait!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • imposter
    • By imposter 7th May 10, 8:51 AM
    • 727 Posts
    • 5,289 Thanks
    imposter
    Couldn't find the Lynx shower gel for 42p mentioned in the MoneySaver email - the only stuff I could see was 1.88 or something - any idea if the offer is still on?
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 7th May 10, 10:43 AM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Chapstaff do you know how long the pampers are on offer for
    • crazyvish
    • By crazyvish 7th May 10, 1:36 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    crazyvish
    Hi, the original post was written back in Feb, so I wouldn't imagine the Lynx offer still exists.
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 7th May 10, 1:58 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    Couldn't find the Lynx shower gel for 42p mentioned in the MoneySaver email - the only stuff I could see was 1.88 or something - any idea if the offer is still on?
    Originally posted by imposter
    Oh, were you the person who asked for this in Walton Wilkos??
  • Lisaberry
    Poole currently has quite a few cheap nappies and some kitchen knives and utensils at 75% off. Some stationary at 25% off.
    Didn't get chance for a proper nosey round.
    If my words are missing letters then please excuse me....my keyboard is a tad dodgy!!
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 8th May 10, 8:43 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    Selected Clocks are 50% off marked prices due to a layout change in the Home Section
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,961Posts Today

8,050Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin