Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    millsymuttleylaugh
    Wilkinsons Thread
    • 11th Feb 10, 11:59 PM
    Wilkinsons Thread 11th Feb 10 at 11:59 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Wilkos. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include 42p Lynx shower gel (2.30), Tresemme shampoo 1.50 (4) & Calvin Klein Eternity perfume 15 (25). Find your nearest Wilkos.

More discount store bargains

Poundland | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to millsymuttleylaugh and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

I was wondering if we can start a Wilkinsons thread, theres quite a lot of bargains to be had in there

I find the sponges are good quality only 19p each
    Flannels are also cheap (not sure on price)
    Individual dish clothes are only about 5p each

Always alot of offers on Shampoos, conditioners and other toiletries

Hair colour by leading brands cheaper than Boots or Superdrug (usually)

Good deals on dog food

I'll add more to it when I've been for another look around
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 8:23 PM.
    Just me, in my own little world

Page 3
    • loupy
    • By loupy 27th Feb 10, 10:40 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    loupy
    Lloyds have the normal Pampers nappies on offer 2 for 10 plus gift sale with discount code...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2303301&highlight=lloyds

And Quidco!
    • ceebeeby
    • By ceebeeby 27th Feb 10, 10:44 PM
    • 4,237 Posts
    • 10,773 Thanks
    ceebeeby
    Went to Wilkinsons today for some bargains, but left a tad disappointed. Was lookign for a shelf - found plenty of shelf brackets but not the bloomin' wood to go on the brackets!!! Did get some bunny hay for 2 which was good. DD got some facewipes so she was chuffed.
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 27th Feb 10, 11:05 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    Went to Wilkinsons today for some bargains, but left a tad disappointed. Was lookign for a shelf - found plenty of shelf brackets but not the bloomin' wood to go on the brackets!!! Did get some bunny hay for 2 which was good. DD got some facewipes so she was chuffed.
    Originally posted by ceebeeby
    Yes, unfortunately the wooden shelving was discontinued a while ago in most stores Plenty of bargains still left to be had though, at my store we still have alot of paint left at 75% off, prices as low as 3 for 2.5L!

To answer the earlier question about Nappies, our Toiletries offers are due to change on Tuesday, so you could still buy them today or tomorrow for the 2 for 10 price
    If anyone else has questions i'll be happy to help
    • bbford
    • By bbford 28th Feb 10, 12:29 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    bbford
    Yes, unfortunately the wooden shelving was discontinued a while ago in most stores Plenty of bargains still left to be had though, at my store we still have alot of paint left at 75% off, prices as low as 3 for 2.5L!

To answer the earlier question about Nappies, our Toiletries offers are due to change on Tuesday, so you could still buy them today or tomorrow for the 2 for 10 price
    If anyone else has questions i'll be happy to help
    Originally posted by aaronmanz
    Hi,
    my local store is york, could only see small cans of paint reduced by 75% in obscure colours. would all reduced stock be stickered?
    How much ?????????!!!
    • pa2539
    • By pa2539 28th Feb 10, 1:51 PM
    • 5,257 Posts
    • 1,569,143 Thanks
    pa2539
    I got some black curtains yesterday with white swirls 75% off in the st helens store- 46" by 72". They are really nice, I'm not describing them well. Should have been 20, stickered 75% off hence 5. They had a range of sizes. Ideal for my brother in laws 1st house.
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 2nd Mar 10, 1:20 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    Hi,
    my local store is york, could only see small cans of paint reduced by 75% in obscure colours. would all reduced stock be stickered?
    Originally posted by bbford
    Yes, as a general guideline for reductions we sticker up any reduced lines, it could be that all the bigger tins have already sold out as sometimes people do empty the shelf of these offers!
    My store is a medium sized one and not as busy as some of the larger one, so we still have quite a few colours left even of the big size tins of paint, if you have another Wilko store nearby it may be work checking there too
    • jtz
    • By jtz 2nd Mar 10, 10:12 AM
    • 1,429 Posts
    • 12,728 Thanks
    jtz
    does anyone know if s SEL is highlighted in yellow marker, is it reduced or likely to be reduced?
    TIA
    • lubylwu
    • By lubylwu 2nd Mar 10, 10:54 AM
    • 364 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    lubylwu
    In Wilko's yesterday I got one of my favourite perfumes - Calvin Klein Eternity - at a bargain price of 14.97 for 30 ml edp spray (it's 28 in Boots). Not sure how long it is on offer but looks like it's part of their Mother's Day promotion/offers.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - the present.
  • bindiboo
    does anyone know if s SEL is highlighted in yellow marker, is it reduced or likely to be reduced?
    TIA
    Originally posted by jtz

yellow highlighted means it is a discontinued line. usually these will eventually get reduced by 25% then 50% and then finally 75% off the original price.

offers going on this week include

velvet 4 pkt 1.59
    Tresemme shampoo and conditioners 1.97
    Sure deo 1.17 including the new minerals
    Wisdom mouthwash, aquafresh mouthwash 97p
    Domestos bleach 67p
    morning fresh 50% extra free 78p
    Comfort natural fabric conditioner 98p

will check laters and update this list as only had a quick lookie last nite.
    • queen vi
    • By queen vi 2nd Mar 10, 12:47 PM
    • 974 Posts
    • 1,330 Thanks
    queen vi
    i got some pansies that were reduced 50P a box thats 24 plants for a 1.00 said wilted they had been watered and was o.k.
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 3rd Mar 10, 12:33 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    More offers on top of those already on Bindiboo's list:

Palmolive Handwash/Shower/Bath gel - 84p each - Was ~1.80
    Finish ALL IN ONE 40pk Dishwasher tabs 4.49 - Was ~8.98
    Lenor Fabric conditioners - Price reduced (can't remember what it is now!)

and one for the sweet lovers:
    HARIBO Tangfastics/Starmix - 57p! Was 99p

Similarly to Bindiboo, I will add more offers when I come across them, sometimes too busy filling the shelves to notice
    • Lokolo 2
    • By Lokolo 2 4th Mar 10, 2:34 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    Lokolo 2
    B-U-M-P so that more of you MSE's can take advantage of the latest deals!
    • woodbine
    • By woodbine 4th Mar 10, 4:50 PM
    • 18,323 Posts
    • 24,707 Thanks
    woodbine
    ambi pure plug ins 1.94 with re-fills for 1-64
  • bindiboo
    here you go guys an update with pictures lol

• lostnfound
    • By lostnfound 16th Mar 10, 10:17 AM
    • 266 Posts
    • 111 Thanks
    lostnfound
    Tresemme shampoo
    I bought the Tresemme shampoo, 900ml, for 1.47 at our local Wilkinsons yesterday, Irvine branch, needless to say bought a couple and hopefully will get into and buy another couple at that price.
    Became Debt Free 2009

Saved Money Ever Since
    • dizzyanne
    • By dizzyanne 22nd Mar 10, 11:42 AM
    • 53 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    dizzyanne
    this week's bargains?
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew of this week's offers etc? I've got a gift voucher which I received following a complaint about customer service and didn't want to go and spend it on irrelevant rubbish which will no doubt end up sat at the back of my cupboards, seems more sensible to use it to get things I need!

Thanks in advance!

dizz
  • bindiboo
    there isnt any promotion changes this week. Some garden and stationery went on offer last week but i cant remember what they were, sorry
    • BNU
    • By BNU 22nd Mar 10, 9:45 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    BNU
    My local store has a reduced items shelf near the tills. In the last 2 weeks I've had a printer cartridge at 75% off (for 6.23 rather than 24.97) some half price washing line, and on Thursday bought enough Lillets with 75% off (taking them down to 24p per box!) to last me 6 months! Too much of a bargain to resist I'm afraid so I took the lot!

I can resist everything except temptation.
    Oscar Wilde
  • bindiboo
    wilkinsons right price white emulsion 2.5l is reduced from 3.51 to 80p from tomrw as part of the 80 years celebration. Also mini roller n trays 80p. I think sanex shower gel will be 80p too, as I'm sure I saw pos for it.
    • lufoo7
    • By lufoo7 12th Apr 10, 1:02 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    lufoo7
    i bought 2 bottles of sanex (250ml) shower gel this morning, they were 77p each or 2 for 80p. we use sanex all the time so this is a briiliant offer, especially when you consider a 500ml costs over 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

339Posts Today

4,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin