Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 12th May 09, 12:02 PM
    • 1,235Posts
    • 3,568Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips
    • 12th May 09, 12:02 PM
    Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips 12th May 09 at 12:02 PM
    What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn 100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
    Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

GlobalTestMarket

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-05-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Page 3
    • Luvplacebo
    • By Luvplacebo 21st Oct 09, 5:31 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Luvplacebo
    I'm really frustrated at the sweepstakes surveys, the thing I liked most about GTM was the fact you always get points for surveys whether you qualify or not, I think I may be giving up with them when I finally reach 1000 points if they greatly reduce the opportunities to gain points for surveys you don't qualify for.
  • littlejojo
    Hey, I've joined GTS and completed a couple of surveys but I haven't been credited with any points. Also, when I was doing my profile surveys the site still said that they were never completed, and I find that I have to log out and log back in for these to update. Is anyone else having the same problem or know how long it takes for points to show up? Thanks!!
  • Curlyjules
    Not being awarded Points
    I registered with GTM about 10 days ago and am having problems. I completed two surveys (one worth 15 points and another for 35 points) but was awarded no points at all, so I contacted their support people. They awarded me the 15 but said I had been screened out of the other one. I am sure that isn't right because I spent about 10 minutes doing it and answered loads of questions, plus I didn't get a message to say I was screened out.

I have just completed another 35 pointer but again, no points.

Is anyone else finding this?
  • Lethal
    35 pointer ones normally last 20-25 minutes so it is quite likely you were screened out of those if it took you 10 minutes.

And i am getting my points like normal.
    MSE allowed me to see the light
    • Ponchos
    • By Ponchos 21st Nov 09, 6:36 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    Ponchos
    Hi all

I'm new to MSE, and have been looking at a lot of ways for making money and came here to see what's up. I've read the full thread, and just wanted to know what the general consensus was; is it worth doing for the time you put into it? Also, what are these sweepstakes points? And is there a refer a friend scheme, and if so, can anyone give me a link or code or whatever (so we both get points :P )

Thanks guys
  • curiositycat
    My cheque this morning
    I got my 32.90 this morning from canada! I joined in September and reached the 1000 points late january I think, and am already at 200 points again - its nice to get money not vouchers. There surveys are usually interesting and they don't send you too many. Don't worry everyone if you have completed surveys but no points yet - they always do this, it takes ages for points to come through on top of the emails, I've had two surveys on the same day with 100 point credited to my account!
    Feb 2010: Won an Ipod Nano!
  • MacsReturns
    Hi all

I'm new to MSE, and have been looking at a lot of ways for making money and came here to see what's up. I've read the full thread, and just wanted to know what the general consensus was; is it worth doing for the time you put into it? Also, what are these sweepstakes points? And is there a refer a friend scheme, and if so, can anyone give me a link or code or whatever (so we both get points :P )

Thanks guys
    Originally posted by Ponchos
    A bit late, but the sweepstakes are basically a lottery entry. You have a chance of winning some random amount (but I never have... )
  • Pink_Womble
    No Cheque!!
    Hi

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but I'm afraid i couldn't find anywhere else that this seemed suitable.

I redeemed 1330 market points from Global Test Market in March 2010 and received an email from them saying that i should expect it in 4-6 weeks.
    It is now the middle of August and i still have not received my cheque despite several letters of complaint to Global Test Market.

What i would like to know now is, does anyone know who the appropriate person is to take this further i.e Ombudmans, Trading Standards etc.
    I really am not used to complaining and do not know how i go about taking this matter further.

Any advice would be awesome...
    • welshlis
    • By welshlis 21st Oct 10, 8:51 AM
    • 1,681 Posts
    • 1,347 Thanks
    welshlis
    I have had 980 points for months, I get screened out of all the surveys that they send me, today I was 55% through a survey and got screened out. It is unfair that they have so much information from me with no reward. Anyone else having problems getting to 1000 points?
    • gaspode38
    • By gaspode38 14th Mar 11, 10:22 AM
    • 162 Posts
    • 1,658 Thanks
    gaspode38
    Just been invited to a survey that will give me 200 points but I have to do it from my work computer and then i'll get a follow up questionnaire about the type of computer I use at work. Anyone know any more details/done this survey? I dont' want to get in trouble at work if it downloads anything or gets details I shouldn't be giving away lol.

Thanks!
    Eleventh Heaven - 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11

Prizes to date: Stretch mark oil, babygrowers discount card, framed Disney print, two roast turkey hats from WKD, XBox 360, 25 ITunes voucher!
    • GrannyKate
    • By GrannyKate 27th Mar 11, 5:51 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 26,716 Thanks
    GrannyKate
    I felt distinctly uncomfortable with this one - definitely against our work policies and I wondered why it had to be done from the actual work computer. Not worth the risk.
    • gaspode38
    • By gaspode38 27th Mar 11, 7:48 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 1,658 Thanks
    gaspode38
    Thnx GrannyKate, I decided the same in the end and didn't do that one, not worth the risk re work. Never mind, always more surveys coming through
    Eleventh Heaven - 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11

Prizes to date: Stretch mark oil, babygrowers discount card, framed Disney print, two roast turkey hats from WKD, XBox 360, 25 ITunes voucher!
  • Bib2011
    Its a SCAM??
    I have been a member for about three weeks and get near daily surveys, all of which take 2-3 minutes before telling me I don't meet the profile. It is quite frustrating and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Originally posted by janey_uk
    i think its a scam, i keep spending time also, then get screened out.

iv just canceled my registration with them because of it

anyone else???
  • nehpets81
    i think its a scam, i keep spending time also, then get screened out.

iv just canceled my registration with them because of it

anyone else???
    Originally posted by Bib2011
    I don't think it's a scam - all survey companies will have a specific criteria of people they need to complete the surveys, so if you don't fit that you will be screened out. A While ago I found GTM screened me out for a few after I answered a lot of questions (when I was at least half way through the survey, rather than the initial screeners) this I think is less forgivable and I was considering closing my account because of it, but it seems to have stopped happening to me now and I'm making quite a lot through them.

I gave up on the now defunct Ciao due to this very problem.
  • lnkitc
    Please does anyone have any advise on how to get through to the Global Test Market Support team. I don't like calling anyone stupid but I am starting to wonder if it fits. I first sent a message asking if I would definitely be paid in GBP (British pounds sterling) and if I needed to do anything to make sure this would happen (after reading on this forum some people had been paid in USD), this was completely ignored so I resent a message two weeks later. I was sent an explanation of the redemption process (not mentioning currency) so I emailed back politely stating they hadn't addressed my question and asked again. This time the reply told me that 1000 market points was worth $50 (again not mentioning if I would be paid in GBP) This time I emailed back (leaving several lines above and below) my question put as simply as possible:

‘Will I be paid in USD (United States Dollars) or GBP (British pounds sterling) when I make a claim. Is there anything I can do to ensure I am paid in GBP.’

and have just received the reply:

‘I apologize, but I don’t understand your exact request. Please clarify how I can be of assistance. Thanks.’

I have now sent the message:

‘Please could you tell me WHEN I SUBMIT A CLAIM WILL I BE PAID IN GBP (Great British Pounds Sterling - UK currency) and if I need to do anything to make sure that I am.’

but quite expect to be told they don't understand as my previous message was as simple as I could make it. Has anyone got any ideas on how to put this in even simpler language or an alternative way to contact them? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help!
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 13th Apr 12, 8:41 PM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 11,387 Thanks
    cally6008
    Providing your address is for you in the UK, you will be sent a cheque in GBP for the equivalent of $50, which works out about 30 to 33 depending on the current exchange rate at the time of them issuing the cheque

• Cantfindafreeuserid
    Is this one worth me starting? Can I sign up through another one like swagbucks? Or does someone benefit from refering me?

Many thanks.
  • funnyguy
    I only do the ones offering points[not prize draws].Seem to get screened out of over 50% surveys, but still earn about 100 per year from them.
  • lnkitc
    Providing your address is for you in the UK, you will be sent a cheque in GBP for the equivalent of $50, which works out about 30 to 33 depending on the current exchange rate at the time of them issuing the cheque
    Originally posted by cally6008

Thanks - I have heard this is how it is supposed to work but have also heard people from the UK say they have been sent cheques in USD, I know I shouldn't anticipate problems but they haven't exactly given me much confidence in their competency!
    • wilsysir
    • By wilsysir 22nd Aug 12, 11:49 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wilsysir
    Global Test Market
    This sit is one of my favourites I have just recieved my first check for 33 it took about 5/6 weeks to arrive and in that time I have passed the threshold for the next one! so that should be arriving in th next 5/6 weeks too hopefully this should be a continous cycle (which if it is and my basic maths skills are any good would work out at about 300 a year) not bad for answering a few questions when bored at home or at work!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,254Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter