Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ITVMonkey
    • By ITVMonkey 25th May 19, 3:26 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 2Thanks
    ITVMonkey
    Credit Check for new job
    • 25th May 19, 3:26 PM
    Credit Check for new job 25th May 19 at 3:26 PM
    Hi All,

I am an experienced complaints advisor and was yesterday offered a new role to work for one of the pay weekly uk stores in the complaints office. This job is a massive step up for me as its a 6/7k increase and is even less of a commute.

The only problem is i know a credit check will be carried out. I have a low credit score and have a few defaults on my file for old phone bills etc when i was stupid. I have recently set payment plans up on these but obviously this isnt yet reflected on my file.

Could the defaults affect the chance to get the job as the complaints etc do have to follow FCA guidelines etc. I dont have any CCJ on file or have never been bankrupt

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 25th May 19, 3:33 PM
    • 22,451 Posts
    • 24,609 Thanks
    zx81
    • 25th May 19, 3:33 PM
    • 25th May 19, 3:33 PM
    The score isn't seen by anyone ever and the defaults won't be picked up on an employment check.

You'll be fine.
    • ITVMonkey
    • By ITVMonkey 25th May 19, 4:36 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ITVMonkey
    • 25th May 19, 4:36 PM
    • 25th May 19, 4:36 PM
    Phew thats a relief thanks
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 25th May 19, 5:12 PM
    • 1,913 Posts
    • 1,021 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 25th May 19, 5:12 PM
    • 25th May 19, 5:12 PM
    The credit check is to see if you have any CCJ's and I assume they'll check the insolvency register. The defaults shouldn't matter if they are old, if they mention then you can say you have plans in place. It's to see if you are a financial risk in terms of susceptible to bribery because of mounting debts and the like.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,733Users online

Martin's Twitter